So I think I gotta sell the boat...will I regret it?

JerryK

I'm reluctantly selling my boat for cash to buy a house later in the year. I figure I can get another boat after my short-term goals are achieved, but it sure is disappointing to let it go.

Let me know if any of you have sold one...and how long it took to stop crying!

2000 19ft bayliner capri. Not huge, just fun.

(btw you can't buy it because you all live too far away)

I'm reluctantly selling my boat for cash to buy a house later in the year. I figure I can get another boat after my short-term goals are achieved, but it sure is disappointing to let it go.

Let me know if any of you have sold one...and how long it took to stop crying!

2000 19ft bayliner capri. Not huge, just fun.

(btw you can't buy it because you all live too far away)

house>boat

Yeah, I'm thinking a fiberglass deck boat would be nicer anyhow, more passengers. Tough to make the decision though.

Ahhh, pleasure boater. I'm very much the fisherman. My guests are lucky if I give them a seat haha. This will be mine someday:

grady_258journey09.jpg

Ahhh, pleasure boater. I'm very much the fisherman. My guests are lucky if I give them a seat haha. This will be mine someday:

grady_258journey09.jpg

If I get a deck boat, it'll have a transom capable of rod holders, and a v-hull capable of walleye fishing on Lake Erie.

I outfitted my current boat for this, and will pull the hardware off prior to selling.

If I get a deck boat, it'll have a transom capable of rod holders, and a v-hull capable of walleye fishing on Lake Erie.

I outfitted my current boat for this, and will pull the hardware off prior to selling.

Gotcha. You should be able to find one these days at a reasonable price. The economy has put a beatdown on used boat values. Only problem is it affects you as a seller as well.

grady_258journey09.jpg

Thats funny, you got great taste. When I still lived on the Potomac, thats almost exactly the boat I had. Problem is up keep on a boat like that is like supporting Tigers mistresses. But, tell you this. When the Rock Fish where hitting all the pain went away.

Thats funny, you got great taste. When I still lived on the Potomac, thats almost exactly the boat I had. Problem is up keep on a boat like that is like supporting Tigers mistresses. But, tell you this. When the Rock Fish where hitting all the pain went away.

I currently have an old Wellcraft V20 21' with a 1986 Mercury 115 outboard. I know all about the upkeep haha. I'm finding the more I learn about how to fix things myself, the cheaper it gets. That being said it never is "cheap" as a whole. But when a nice 40lb+ Striper is ripping out line all the cost is worth it. That and just being out on the water, there's nothing like it.

I used to have a killer baseball card collection with cards I had from when I was kid dating all the way back to the mid-50's. I had Mantle cards Nolan Ryan's rookie card Mays, Kaline, Matthews, Aarons all of them and I would go to card shows when i moved down here in the late 80's and buy and buy-great deals.

So one day I'm driving my young daughters around with the wife and they're falling asleep in their car seats from the emissions and I say screw it and sell my collection. With that money from the cards I was able to buy a new car and a brand new PA system to make money with playing music. I never regretted it and never looked back. Priorities JK, priorities...

Archived