2nd round: Vladimir Ducasse... will the Jets trade up?

rick34125

Vladimir Ducasse - T

Apr. 23 - 11:29 am et

The Jets were reportedly "working the phones" during Thursday's first round in an attempt to trade up for an offensive lineman.

Mike Iupati was presumably their target. This news could provide a clue as to where the Jets will lean in round two. Vladimir Ducasse, a nasty run blocker built for a power scheme at 6'5/330, could be an immediate replacement for Alan Faneca. Faneca seems likely to be released after the draft.

Source: TFY Draft Insider

Here is the source:

http://www.draftinsider.net/blog/?p=2000

Kyle Wilson became a New York Jet with the 29th selection last night but it almost didn

I would be on board with this if it means that we are acquiring a second 2nd rounder, and not simply moving up in the round. I like Ducasse a lot actually and think he can start right away at either G or RT.

How are we getting the second 2nd rounder? Faneca isn't going to net that.

Can we just leave the line? Please, it's the best unit in the league as of right now. Faneca was the wekaness for a while but towards the end of the season and in the playoffs he started rolling back the years with some dominant displays.

I'm not sure of the financial implications, but I'd like to give that unit one more year and concentrate on building the best defense this league has seen in a long time.

I'm fine if they select an OG or RT that they like but I will not be happy if they have to trade up to get that player. Doesn't matter which one.

I'd want to know why we're doing it though. Drafting a tackle would be stupid. Brick is elite and Woody has been a great pickup, no need to change something there, especially not via trade.

The guard thing I could support but I'd need to know Faneca is leaving, which isn't something I'd be thrilled with.

I'm fine if they select an OG or RT that they like but I will not be happy if they have to trade up to get that player. Doesn't matter which one.

there is no one out there right now that is left that we need to trade up for. let the draft come to us. it's working out well this year.

Maybe all the Faneca hate is coming ffom Callahan. Everybody want to give Callahan all this credit, maybe he's not in love with Faneca. Most stories said that the line started to click late in the year when they got used to the zone blocking scheme Callahan installed and started using Greene more. Maybe he doesn't think Faneca is well suited to it.

Vladimir Ducasse - T

The Jets were reportedly "working the phones" during Thursday's first round in an attempt to trade up for an offensive lineman.

Mike Iupati was presumably their target. This news could provide a clue as to where the Jets will lean in round two. Vladimir Ducasse, a nasty run blocker built for a power scheme at 6'5/330, could be an immediate replacement for Alan Faneca. Faneca seems likely to be released after the draft.

Here is the source:

Kyle Wilson became a New York Jet with the 29th selection last night but it almost didn

FYI Sperm, TFY is the best draft site on the internet. Always.

I wasn't talking about the merits of the player. I was referring to him making the call 3 hours ago, before round 2 started, and it was probably the first time the guy's name was mentioned on the site.

***edit. Nevermind. I don't read after the work week is over. lol

So, anyone think we may try to trade Faneca and maybe our 6th or 7th rder for a 3rd?
There is virtually no market for Faneca. The guy can only do one thing at this point in his career: pull and blindside much smaller people. He can't block anyone staright up, either in the running game or passing game. IMO.

There is virtually no market for Faneca. The guy can only do one thing at this point in his career: pull and blindside much smaller people. He can't block anyone staright up, either in the running game or passing game. IMO.

I think that's a bit harsh. He has one year left in him....hopefully. We need him Duke isn't ready.

You like that? given nicknames and ****.

Vladimir Ducasse - T

Here is the source:

Kyle Wilson became a New York Jet with the 29th selection last night but it almost didn’t happen. The Jets did not expect any of the top rated cornerbacks to be available to them once Kareem Jackson came off the board so early. In fact they had their attention turned to the offensive line and were working the phones expecting to pick up a blocker at the selection.

Even when Wilson slid into the 29th slot the team still took a while before making the choice. Don’t be surprised if they make a move up today to secure a prospect that can play offensive guard at the next level.

Excellent call...but I think I beat you by a couple of hours...lol

http://www.jetnation.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1568256#post1568256

Vladimir Ducasse - T

Man I hope they're wrong.

Archived