Y are we cutting Faneca?

BornJetsFan1983

Seriously, some one explain this to me, maybe Im slow but this doesnt make sense. I know faneca didnt do well last year but c'mon.

Do I have this right, we are going to eat the guaranteed money, like 5 mil, this year and lose him, leaving some rook to step in, so we don't spend 7 mil? So we are saving 2 mil and messing up the line chemistry.

Is this right? I'm not an expert in any way, someone tell me why we are doing this or at least a believable explanation so i can rationalize the situation.

As always thank you jet nation for calming a CA Jet fan...

Seriously, some one explain this to me, maybe Im slow but this doesnt make sense. I know faneca didnt do well last year but c'mon.

Do I have this right, we are going to eat the guaranteed money, like 5 mil, this year and lose him, leaving some rook to step in, so we don't spend 7 mil? So we are saving 2 mil and messing up the line chemistry.

Is this right? I'm not an expert in any way, someone tell me why we are doing this or at least a believable explanation so i can rationalize the situation.

As always thank you jet nation for calming a CA Jet fan...

I believe the $5 mil would be what is left on his signing bonus, so that is already spent and is now an accounting charge which is meaningless in an uncapped year. They are savings in real money, as well as cap, his $7.5 mil of salary this year.

If they don't bring him back at a much reduced salary, I think it is safe to assume that they believe either Hunter, Turner or Slauson can do an adequate job (can't do any worse in pass blocking) until the rookie develops.

On the surface it seems like a head scratcher, but Mr. T and Rex have done too many smart moves in the last 15 months for me to believe they have suddenly lost their minds. On this one we will just have to wait and see unless they tell us more, which I doubt.

he is a lousy pass blocker making star money, getting old and hasn't deserved a pro-bowl in 3 years

he served his purpose, he broke in the pups, now hit the road turnstile

This is the most coherent and succinct assessment of the reasons for behind the cut. Also, 100% on the money. I, honestly, did not think they would make this move but kudos to Tanney and crew for (A) having a plan; and (B) having big enough balls to stick to it. Maybe this bodes well for a Sharper signing in late July.

Lets see, because we had the fewest pass attempts in the league and he gave up more sacks than any other guard in the league.

Maybe we wanted to be able to actually run left this year!

He was due to make $7.5 mill and the staff probably did not se him starting over 1 of the 4 other guys we have that can play the position.

He was a weak link liability, shall I go on?

WAKE UP PEOPLE!

Hey newbie...we get the point. You're in bed with the coaching staff. And us fans that disagree with your thinking are idiots. Gotcha.

I hate losing the continuity of possibly the best OLine the Jets have ever had. Why f-with a good thing, especially in a year we seem to be going for it

Hey newbie...we get the point. You're in bed with the coaching staff. And us fans that disagree with your thinking are idiots. Gotcha.
What are you JohnE's lawyer? urge him to contribute something useful to the thread and he'll get some respect.

Oh and this is not my first time around.

Us two...lol. Why don't you go through the posts and see how many fans like the cutting of Faneca. It's clear cut isn't it? Or are you just picking out the ones that agree with you?
I'm sorry but the more respected posters here understand this move.

What's cut and clear is some have just burried their heads to how bad faneca was last year.

Archived