No one's saying it....so I will.

Jetsfan80

Oh no, I watched every minute.

If you saw an improved Sanchez in the second half of the Indy game then your team is doomed.

Why, because he threw an interception when they had already gone down by two touchdowns?

Unlike the several that he almost single-handedly threw away during the regular season, Mark Sanchez didn't lose that game.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why, because he threw an interception when they had already gone down by two touchdowns?

Unlike the several that he almost single-handedly threw away during the regular season, Mark Sanchez didn't lose that game.

Look at the numbers.

The closest he got the Jets offense was Feelys 52 yard miss.

Maybe the Ravens would have beaten the Jets, but you play the teams you play. I can't remember the last time Patriots fans made excuses for their team, but it tells me things have changed a bit up in Boston. Fact is, the Pats hadn't lost a home playoff game with Brady at QB until this past season, and they not only got beat, they got SMOKED. Say what you will, but that's really bad news for a team that was 19-1 just 3 years ago.

As for the Jets, weren't we supposed to lose to Cincy the 2nd time around after beating a Bengal team that "wasn't really trying to win" in week 17? Weren't we supposed to get dominated by an ultra-talented Chargers roster? And were we even supposed to HANG with the Colts, with Peyton Manning playing some of the best ball of his career? And were we supposed to do any of this with a rookie QB and rookie HC entering some hostile territory?

Pats fans used to be able to let the wins and losses do the talking. Now they're resorting to conjecture. "You would have lost in our situation" used to be what Jets fans would say. Now the shoe is on the other foot.

Maybe the Ravens would have beaten the Jets, but you play the teams you play. I can't remember the last time Patriots fans made excuses for their team, but it tells me things have changed a bit up in Boston. Fact is, the Pats hadn't lost a home playoff game with Brady at QB until this past season, and they not only got beat, they got SMOKED. Say what you will, but that's really bad news for a team that was 19-1 just 3 years ago.

As for the Jets, weren't we supposed to lose to Cincy the 2nd time around after beating a Bengal team that "wasn't really trying to win" in week 17? Weren't we supposed to get dominated by an ultra-talented Chargers roster? And were we even supposed to HANG with the Colts, with Peyton Manning playing some of the best ball of his career? And were we supposed to do any of this with a rookie QB and rookie HC entering some hostile territory?

Pats fans used to be able to let the wins and losses do the talking. Now they're resorting to conjecture. "You would have lost in our situation" used to be what Jets fans would say. Now the shoe is on the other foot.

Quoted for TRUTH!

no one's aying it....so I will

what if sanchise blows out his achilles week 1 ?

clemens ?

really ?

First off bite your tounge!

There are not really any great backup QB's out there, so why not Kellen, at least he knows the system.

no one's aying it....so I will

what if sanchise blows out his achilles week 1 ?

clemens ?

really ?

Mark Brunell. No, not ideal, but its something. We might not be able to win with Clemens, but another decent veteran backup could keep us afloat. Let's simply hope and pray Mark stays healthy. Worrying about a player getting hurt is counter-productive.

Mark Brunell. No, not ideal, but its something. We might not be able to win with Clemens, but a decent veteran backup could keep us afloat.
I don't think we could win it all with either, so why not see if we could get some trade value out of Kellen?

Worse comes to worse we get a higher pick. ;)

First off bite your tounge!

There are not really any great backup QB's out there, so why not Kellen, at least he knows the system.

last year remided me so much of '98...lead at the half on the road of an afc champ game, then lose to a hall of fame QB....

it's just such a huge hole on the roster, it's borderline irresponsible...and the jets should know better.....

last year remided me so much of '98...lead at the half on the road of an afc champ game, then lose to a hall of fame QB....

it's just such a huge hole on the roster, it's borderline irresponsible...and the jets should know better.....

Which is exactly why they've been having serious talks with Brunell. All they need is for one of our UFA's to get gone, OR wait until July and, I suppose, trade for him. I don't think Tannenbaum is ignoring our backup QB concerns. To me, that and punter are our last 2 needs to fill.

Mark Brunell. No, not ideal, but its something. We might not be able to win with Clemens, but another decent veteran backup could keep us afloat. Let's simply hope and pray Mark stays healthy. Worrying about a player getting hurt is counter-productive.

I'm not worried literally, but I hope tanny isn't done shopping for groceries yet

btw, great thread, I really am optimistic despite the clemens thingy

I agree, but it's not like there are great options out there for back up QB's.

Like I said we most likely are going to have a disappointing season with a back up.

Why not see if Kellen can at least play himself into a trade, if God forbid Sanchez went down.

Even though I too, would feel better with Brunell as our back up.

I'm not worried literally, but I hope tanny isn't done shopping for groceries yet

btw, great thread, I really am optimistic despite the clemens thingy

Its a legit concern, but then again, how long have the Colts gone without a backup QB that's not a complete disaster when given some limited opportunities (see Painter)?

Indy's philosophy is that they are screwed regardless if Peyton goes down, so why invest a good chunk of change and/or an early draft pick in a mediocre backup that would lead the team to .500 ball? Spend the money elsewhere and pray Peyton stays healthy. To date, that's worked. When the time comes for Peyton to retire, that's when they'll spend an early-round pick on a QB.

I'm not saying we should share the same philosophy, especially since Sanchez has already gotten hurt as a Jet, whereas Peyton hasn't missed a single start due to injury to my knowledge. But its something to think about when considering why we've been content to stick with Clemens at the present time.

Its a legit concern, but then again, how long have the Colts gone without a backup QB that's not a complete disaster when given some limited opportunities (see Painter)?

Indy's philosophy is that they are screwed regardless if Peyton goes down, so why invest a good chunk of change and/or an early draft pick in a mediocre backup that would lead the team to .500 ball? Spend the money elsewhere and pray Peyton stays healthy. To date, that's worked. When the time comes for Peyton to retire, that's when they'll spend an early-round pick on a QB.

I'm not saying we should share the same philosophy, especially since Sanchez has already gotten hurt as a Jet, whereas Peyton hasn't missed a single start due to injury to my knowledge. But its something to think about when considering why we've been content to stick with Clemens at the present time.

Makes sense.

Yet you still get tired of the phag board circle jerk, and troll over here.

An who's we? Trolls don't count!

It just really tickles my ****ing fancy when I get to see the aftermath of these expectations each and every year. The past two years have been especially fun.

It just really tickles my ****ing fancy when I get to see the aftermath of these expectations each and every year. The past two years have been especially fun.
Really! Last year they exceeded my expectations, how'd your season end?

Keep dreaming that the Bengals and Chargers were tougher than the Ravens. BJ

How is this relevant? You lost 33-14 in your own building, whereas we beat both teams on the road. Stop making excuses, Pats fans haven't done that in a decade. Trying to say we wouldn't have beaten Baltimore is pure conjecture.

I don't know if you noticed, but, the Miami Dolphins finished last season losing their last 3 games and missing the playoffs while the New York Jets were 30 minutes away from the Super Bowl.

Thanks for playing.

I went through 2 pages of this thread and not 1 mention of Brodney Poole replacing Kerry Rhodes-Poole is going to be an upgrade in hitting ability and in speed and if the Jets don't think so, then I expect to see Darren Sharper get his wish to play here in July

I went through 2 pages of this thread and not 1 mention of Brodney Poole replacing Kerry Rhodes-Poole is going to be an upgrade in hitting ability and in speed and if the Jets don't think so, then I expect to see Darren Sharper get his wish to play here in July

It was mentioned in the original post, but yeah, nothing else since. This thread went away from analyzing the moves to dealing with trolls, unfortunately.

It was mentioned in the original post, but yeah, nothing else since. This thread went away from analyzing the moves to dealing with trolls, unfortunately.

...as usual and for 15 millionth time I ask; WHY are they here?

Pool will be a player.

Sharper has very little chance of getting to the Jets. If he is not signed in July the Saints will tender him his 110%.

Would be nice though

Archived