I know you all hate him, but-

Thor99

The ****ing guy started the all-star game his first time here. He had 10 wins at the break and then the wheels fell off. As for not being able to pitch in NY, I just checked the split and that year they batted .224 against him at home and .286 away. He had at least one very good year in Chicago. It's ****ing April. Let's not overreact about our #4 starter getting off to a slow start. I don't like Schilling, but this is just him doing his job, being a big mouthed radio douche like Francesca.

Oh, and by the way, the guy has over 50 wins in the AL and a better W-L record than he does in the NL. 53-49 with a 4.6 ERA isn't going to get him in the HOF, but it's very good for a #4.

I disagree with the notion that he's been horrible in the AL, as he pitched fairly well for the White Sox.

While conventional stats suggest that he was only good for 1 of the 3 years, advanced metrics like FIP and BABIP show it was more bad luck than poor performance.

Are there any stats to back up his claim that the AL is harder to pitch in? Seems like an easy thing to measure.
The average AL ERA is .75 runs higher than the average in the NL, which is due to facing a DH rather than a pitcher 3/4s of the time. It's varied a little since the DH came into the AL in 1973, but that has stayed pretty consistent.

Are there any stats to back up his claim that the AL is harder to pitch in? Seems like an easy thing to measure.

you don't really need the stats.....the addition of a pitcher to the lineup can effectively eliminate the need to pitch to 2 spot sin the order regularly and up to 3 if you really need to push it for some reason.

I don't think it is a matter of hating him but more "Why the heck did we bring him back ?"

Has he broken 90 with fastball yet this year ?

There is nothing wrong with what Schilling says. Basically Vazquez has had a year and a half of good pitching in the AL. (1st half of 04 with the Yanks and 2007 with the White Sox).

In reality since he left NY he has been really nothing more than a slightly above 500 pitcher who gives you innings.

Lots of them. It's a fact and it's easy to understand.

The AL has the DH and even aside from the DH has better lineups.

Archived