Will the Jets win the Superbowl under the ownership of Woody Johnson?

rick34125

Will the Jets win the Superbowl under the ownership of Woody Johnson?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Will the Jets win the Superbowl under the ownership of Woody Johnson?

• Yes! Woody's the man. He will get it done!
    • No. Woody won't get it done. Same ol' Jets.
    • I don't know. I want to believe it, but it's hard to be optimistic after so many disappointments.

Jets owner, Woody Johnson, has been at the helm for 10 years now.

As a fan are you happy with the job he's done and with the direction the team is going?

How would you rate Jets ownership compared to the rest of the league?

Do you believe Woody will bring Jets' fans a championship?

I believe Woody Johnson is doing everything he can to have a winning organization. For that I can't fault him. Obviously, part of that is running a profitable business.

It's time to be proud of the NY Jets. It's not even close to being a second-rate organization. It is one of the best teams in the league (despite its average record) and eventually the Jets will win a championship and get that "same ol' Jets" monkey off of its back.

Yet the cheap fukk raped me as a long term season ticket holder. Why he ever got into bed with the Maras is beyond me. I'm in the 300s now, while I've sat on the 50, Row Excellent since Shea. That's the thanks I get.

Say what you will about Leon Hess, but he treated Jets fans a million times better. Does anyone understand that PSL's are from TWO fan bases? Jesusfukk, I'm gonna burst a blood vessel if I think about it too long.

Yet the cheap fukk raped me as a long term season ticket holder. Why he ever got into bed with the Maras is beyond me. I'm in the 300s now, while I've sat on the 50, Row Excellent since Shea. That's the thanks I get.

Say what you will about Leon Hess, but he treated Jets fans a million times better. Does anyone understand that PSL's are from TWO fan bases? Jesusfukk, I'm gonna burst a blood vessel if I think about it too long.

That

That’s the real kicker isn’t it? What greed.

Could you imagine what the PSL’s would be if they went alone in the WWS?

What cracks me up the most is the original rumblings about PSL costs were $5K - $10K. To sit comparably to where I was, I was looking at $25K, which I would have tried to number crunch - if the tickets weren't also FOURTEEN THOUSAND DOLLARS A YEAR. That's right, FOURTEEN THOUSAND DOLLARS A YEAR.

That last part took me out of the loop. What the F do I look like, Mr. Moneybags? It's ludicrous. GB to anyone who can afford such nonsense, but even if I could, I'd probably donate to charity first before I ever laid out that kind of cash. A principle thing. Old timers got whacked.

I realize it's a business, and I'm into Capitalism, but the entire thing was handled terribly from the get-go. The Giants, I haven't looked at their PSL BS lately, but I almost went crazy when 1) they won the SB only a year before and 2) Jets PSL $25K, Giants $12.5K. Terrible, and shame on them. I hope the Stadium is half-empty at the home opener, just because it would please me. And just think about the concept. Buying the rights to buy tickets. No-one was more pleased than me, that as much as I can't stand the Giants, that Jerry Jones got embarrassed in his spanking brand new sh ithole. He's a contributing cause to this fiasco, because they used him as a model. A model for anything other than his plastic freaking surgery, that should have been warning enough.

No.

He is trying the Daniel Snyder approach by trying to buy a title.

Jets havent won anything yet but players are grumbling about extensions, holdouts etc.

At least win something first.

Didnt work for the DC schmuck so why should it work here?

Well, if the poll results mean anything (I know; I know; they don't) this should be the season the Jets break out. At least the fans are optimistic.

Of course, dolfans and Pats fans are optimistic as well. We won't mention Bills fans; I think they are ready for the Bills to move to CA.

we watch the NFL in a vacuum but really there are 31 losers every year and very tough to get that good luck required to win the Bowl.

the Jets could be an excellent team for a long time and Woody could be an excellent owner... and still not win a Bowl.

No.

He is trying the Daniel Snyder approach by trying to buy a title.

Jets havent won anything yet but players are grumbling about extensions, holdouts etc.

At least win something first.

Didnt work for the DC schmuck so why should it work here?

Every owner to some extent tries to "buy a title". Difference is the Redskins buy the wrong personnel. And if you haven't noticed, we have not had to break the bank for most of the players we've brought in, giving us enough cap space to re-sign our most important young players to extensions.

Archived