has Revis really surpassed Asomough?

Blackout

OK I'llbuy...I hate Rhodes anyway-all I know is QB's rating against Revis last year was 32.3% and I also like how he has become a leader both in the clubhouse and on the field. Who was he yelling at last year Bart Scott for a stupid penalty?

Darrelle is the best CB in the league given his duty. No other CB in the league is asked to do what Darrelle does as often as Darrelle does it.

the whole greatness of revis is that he doesn't need over the top help

blaming the Ginn TD on Rhodes is one possible theory but the truth is, he got beat by a player with world class speed... it happens.

There is no over the top help in a quarter zone coverage. It's 4 lateral sections of the field. The Phins got lucky and picked a route that Ginn was able to split zones with.

Aso plays at RIGHT CB, which mean he's almost always covering the #2 WR.
Not to be a dick, but why would anyone believe that? Why would the Raiders slot Nmadi against an offenses 2nd best WR on purpose?

It's alright to just say you like Revis better...This thread, and anything that mentions the existence of Revis, allows for massive homerism. We can't live without Revis and all that jazz....Nothing would be the same etc etc....there's always something to make our guy better than their guy.

There is no over the top help in a quarter zone coverage. It's 4 lateral sections of the field.

The four deep are the over the top help. I'm actually sort of morbidly curious as to how it's even possible to so badly screw up explaining such a simple concept.

Ted Ginn was able to get deep over the Jets D because Miami was able to absolutely pound the crap out of our D that night. Brown and Williams were coming around the edge all night and Revis, Rhodes and Leonard were being asked to string out plays and make tackles on big running backs all night and they did.

You pull a cover corner like Revis up and ask him to make solo tackles on Brown or Williams all night, it's not that tough to get a play where a world class sprinter can get behind the D. It could have been Rhodes fault or it could have been the fact that Miami simply pounded us and sucked the D up. It happens that's what running teams, like the Jets and Miami do.

The four deep are the over the top help. I'm actually sort of morbidly curious as to how it's even possible to so badly screw up explaining such a simple concept.

I see we're feeling superior today. Tell me how quarter zone can be considered 'four deep' when the corners are on the LOS?

Ted Ginn was able to get deep over the Jets D because Miami was able to absolutely pound the crap out of our D that night.

That has nothing to do with it. Revis can't run with Ginn when he's fresh. If you give Ginn a free release and make Revis trail him with no help, it's a touchdown every time. Revis actually gained ground on the double move and it didn't even matter.

That has nothing to do with it. Revis can't run with Ginn when he's fresh. If you give Ginn a free release and make Revis trail him with no help, it's a touchdown every time. Revis actually gained ground on the double move and it didn't even matter.

That scenario doesn't happen if the CB and safties aren't getting the crap kicked out of them all night in heat and humidity at the LOS.

I see we're feeling superior today. Tell me how quarter zone can be considered 'four deep' when the corners are on the LOS?

Because they don't stay on the line of scrimmage once the play starts?

hey bottom line; Ginn beat Revis deep, Henne threw a great pass and the coaches called the right play and it was hot as a MFer down here that night-no shame in getting beat once in a while-I personally would have liked to see some safety help back there but hey, it was what it was

So - these cornerbacks - they are their own over the top coverage. You must be a philosopher. Or a self-help guru.

The deep coverage was quarters. That doesn't mean that there's no underneath coverage. Revis wasn't one of the deep zones, he was manned up on Ginn.

Okay, but I'd submit that 38% or so of the time is bad enough that it's not a situation you'd deliberately create.

That's kind of how I feel about bigger chicks. Like 38% of them are willing to do more stuff, but it's just not a situation worth deliberately creating.

What scenario? Ginn is just faster than Revis is.

So what that wasn't the issue. Revis was up because they ran the ball all night, Revis was making tackles on running backs all night. The play action went right to Revis's side he can't keep Ginn in front of him if he has been put in a position of run support all night. When teams run the ball on your front 8 in hot weather like the Fins did that night, CB's end up getting cought in play action just like Safties do.

There are tons of WR who are faster than CB that doesn't mean they get behind them all the time. That play was set up by the effectiveness of the Fins run game and specifically their ability to get outside all night.

Not to be a dick, but why would anyone believe that? Why would the Raiders slot Nmadi against an offenses 2nd best WR on purpose?

Since teams know Aso will be on that side they can put their second best WR on that side.

Why do they do it? Because of al-Davis' fascination with speed. Teams put their home run threat on that side more often than not. In the team owner's mind stopping that deep threat is the most important thing in the universe.

revis got beat by ginn

accept it !

just the fact that another teams fans will post a video bragging about it is a compliment

try to find fan videos of a guy beating lowery (with lowery's name in the video title)

doesn't exist cuz no one cares

from ProFootball Focus yesterday:

Closest starting corner to the 32.3 QB rating when throwing at D Revis last season? Leon Hall at 51.7. That's nearly 20 difference!

I guess those stats don't tell the whole story. Lowery is second in QB rating against.

I guess those stats don't tell the whole story. Lowery is second in QB rating against.

or maybe he isn't as bad as some Jets fans seem to think-or...it could be a product of Rex's defense because Lito even looked good in that analysis

revis got beat by ginn

accept it !

just the fact that another teams fans will post a video bragging about it is a compliment

try to find fan videos of a guy beating lowery (with lowery's name in the video title)

doesn't exist cuz no one cares

exactly Larz-glad he's not a Dolphin anymore-some guys are just Jets killers...remember Willis MacGahee against us every game?

Archived