Fried food

NIGHT STALKER

Lets' face it, fried food (anything fried) tastes about the best. If you make a steady diet of it though, it will kill you.

The other night I was watching one of the food channels (:bag:) and one of the items they were deeping frying were Twinkies with chocolate sauce poured over them...are you kidding me?

Anyone here not like fried food?

6 Hostess Twinkies

Wooden popcicle sticks

4 cups vegetable oil

Flour

1 cup milk

2 Tbsp vinegar

1 Tbsp oil

1 cup flour

1 tsp baking powder

1/2 tsp salt

DIRECTIONS:

Freeze the Twinkies for several hours or overnight.

Preheat 4 cups oil in a deep fryer to 375 F.

Prepare a batter mixing 1 cup flour, milk, vinegar & oil. In another bowl, blend flour, baking powder & salt.

Whisk wet ingredients into dry & continue mixing until smooth. Refrigerate the batter while the oil reaches desired temperature.

Push sticks into Twinkies lengthwise, leaving about 2 inches to use as a handle, dust with the remaining flour & dip into the batter.

Rotate until batter covers the entire cake, allow excess to drip then place carefully in the hot oil.

The Twinkie will float, so hold it under with an extra stick or other utensil, to provide even browning. The cake should turn golden in 3 to 4 minutes. When frying do not crowd the Twinkies, one at a time is probably best.

Remove from oil & place on a paper towel to drain. Remove the stick (the center will be to soft to use the stick to hold the Twinkie) & allow to sit for about 5 minutes. Serve warm.

SERVING TIPS: Serve Twinkie warm, it is not good cold, with your choice of topping. Try dusting with confection sugar or drizzle raspberry or chocolate sauce.

I was thinking about this the other day.

In all likelihood it would be awful. But what if I was to drop a whole potato into a deep fryer. Would it be a huge awesome potato chip? I'm guessing it wouldn't be, it would probably just burn up or something.

But how awesome would it be to bite into a huge potato chip like that?

Diners Drive-ins & Dives went to a place 5 miles from here that does gizzards...but basically fries ANYTHING.

They have a burger where they grill the meat, then deep-fry the patty, then put it on the burger.

So Guy Fieti (as a JOKE) says "why not just fry the WHOLE THING??

They did, and to honor Guy, the "Triple-D-Burger" is on the menu:

http://biggestmenu.com/rdr/MI/Potterville/Joe's-Gizzard-City-1596759/Triple-D-Burger-66705

7083298dbca03e41_m.jpg

Diners Drive-ins & Dives went to a place 5 miles from here that does gizzards...but basically fries ANYTHING.

They have a burger where they grill the meat, then deep-fry the patty, then put it on the burger.

So Guy Fieti (as a JOKE) says "why not just fry the WHOLE THING??

They did, and to honor Guy, the "Triple-D-Burger" is on the menu:

http://biggestmenu.com/rdr/MI/Potterville/Joe's-Gizzard-City-1596759/Triple-D-Burger-66705

7083298dbca03e41_m.jpg

Saw that episode, disgustingly awesome.

I can't watch those shows anymore though. They make me way too hungry when I shouldn't be.

You could just go here. The kids loves this place-

http://www.chipshopnyc.com/

Only problem with calamari like most fried foods it doesn't travel well. Rocco's (border of Bay Ridge and Sunset park, Brooklyn)and Randazzo's(Sheepshead bay, Brooklyn) are both great, though Randazzo's is very expensive especially when you realize calamari is the cheapest seafood in most fish stores.

Only problem with calamari like most fried foods it doesn't travel well. Rocco's (border of Bay Ridge and Sunset park, Brooklyn)and Randazzo's(Sheepshead bay, Brooklyn) are both great, though Randazzo's is very expensive especially when you realize calamari is the cheapest seafood in most fish stores.

Rocco's? I know them. We used to go there all the time. I don't go when I'm home now because it doesn't make sense. Same with Royal Crown. I'm usually trying to stuff some non-Italian food (good Chinese, Mexican, clam chowder) that I can't get here. Luckily, fritto misto is not hard to find around here.

Rocco's? I know them. We used to go there all the time. I don't go when I'm home now because it doesn't make sense. Same with Royal Crown. I'm usually trying to stuff some non-Italian food (good Chinese, Mexican, clam chowder) that I can't get here. Luckily, fritto misto is not hard to find around here.

Yeah thats the one downfall of fried food, gotta eat it right away. Nothin beats a fried chicken cutlet right out of the pan.

Lets' face it, fried food (anything fried) tastes about the best. If you make a steady diet of it though, it will kill you.

The other night I was watching one of the food channels (:bag:) and one of the items they were deeping frying were Twinkies with chocolate sauce poured over them...are you kidding me?

Anyone here not like fried food?

How can anyone not like fried food. It might not be the best thing in the world for you but it's all good to the palate.

I was thinking about this the other day.

In all likelihood it would be awful. But what if I was to drop a whole potato into a deep fryer. Would it be a huge awesome potato chip? I'm guessing it wouldn't be, it would probably just burn up or something.

But how awesome would it be to bite into a huge potato chip like that?

Outside would burn, inside wouldn't cook, I'd guess.

I am playing around with the fryer this weekend, I need to do some cooking for the tailgatejoe website and try out recipes for the upcoming season parties. Gonna tinker around with the corndog and onion rings. I also have an ingenious idea for a fried item that I might take a stand at the san gennaro feast for. Just sucks that I won't really be able to eat any of this as I am on a strict diet and lost 15lbs over the last 3 weeks.

soooooo, is the kid with the confederate flag hat a good friend of yours? Lol

I have to line up 4 turkey fryers for the thanksgiving night tailgate party at the stadium.

Ha. I went to college w/ the guy in the photo w/ the turkeys. He's a redneck, but also brilliant. The kid w/ the rebel flag is his less gifted cousin.

Archived