PREDATOR Mafia Game Thread

DPR

From high-tech wheelchairs situated in the trees, the old Predators use bifocals to watch the team as the final vote came in...and wheeze in excitement when it finally does. They each do a shot of prune juice, then get ready for the night...

Does this mean innocent?

oh well.. sorry jYOYO

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Haha. If so, I'm done. Most miserable game of my life!

Trying to be open-minded, though ... can someone explain to me how deadlines at all favor the town? My feeling is it gives scum an enormous advantage and makes it really hard to deal with inactives.

Actually, deadlines are really only useful to prompt prople to vote and keep things active. They do favor the mafia if they are too short, and vice versa, but not that much. All they do is make sure that someone who deosn't check in except once a week deosn't hold the game up.

Obviously, that is not a problem here. Well, until now...

Basically, will any of them ever equal or surpass the number of posts you have made in the game at any point. ;)

Looking forward to my scene.

Coming right up!

Probably tells them to stop dicking around for 36 hours when you have a 72 hour deadline.

I don't consider that "dicking around," though. I like being able to prod lots of people and explore various avenues. I don't mind deadlines if a game has stalled and everyone's stopped posting, but in general it seems to heavily favor scum and people who don't contribute. It's so much easier for scum to come to an agreement, while townies take longer to sort things through and come to a consensus. Bneh. I think deadlines, like alts, are just not for me.

Just need to clear out some anctives and vote sooner..

My problem might be more with the combination of inactives + deadlines, rather than just deadlines on their own. Honestly, if the game is going to come down to lynching people who aren't around, that's not even mafia to me. I'd rather have people replaced by the mod instead.

Love you too Lily. Just don't get your play over here. :P

I got that, hon. Give me 5 more games and maybe I'll finally have the culture down. I have to analyze everything to death to comprehend it.

Late afternoon shadows dapple the wide palmed leaves of jungle foliage as you creep toward the hill where you plan to make camp. There were no storms today, so there is less humidity. The smell of wild jasmine floats by, and for a moment, you can almost appreciate the beauty of this place.

The quiet argument ahead crashes through your serene moment, and you step into a clearing where SMC and JVoR have both been backed against a massive tree trunk.

"It's him! I'm telling you, they take the freaking skins and wear them! Somehow, I don't know, but they make it look real, man! JVoR is one of them! I know it!"

The team is a little fatigued, a little freaked out, and a little stressed. SMC shakes his head, pulling the skin on his arm, "It ain't me, bros. I'm one of you. Always have been, always will be."

The group turns to JVoR.

He pulls his cheek, his hair, and all the while half sneering. "This is ridiculous. I'm no more a Predator than Vic or Slats was. This unit has lost it's edge. You people better pull it together, or your all gonna die."

He says it with complete confidence, but as is so often the case, the crowd cannot hear.

Fear is a funny thing. It's like an infection that can turn a good decision bad, and make a bad decision look good. It blinds us, incapacitates us, and so many times, all without us even knowing it.

The bark of a silencer startles the group and blood leaks from a small hole in JVoR's head.

JVOR, A ROLELESS TOWNIE, HAS BEEN KILLED.

"What the fu..."

A sob comes from behind you, but you leave that person to their grief and let the cold realization hit you that so far, the Predators have just been playing with you.

The sun goes down, and the darkness comes. With it comes a fresh new feeling of fear. You wonder if you will ever see the sun again...

I got that, hon. Give me 5 more games and maybe I'll finally have the culture down. I have to analyze everything to death to comprehend it.

No worries... not like I've caught on either. I'll never be active enough for players here and even Sharrow.. the most inactive of them.. finds me being inactive scummy. :P

Stray leaves fall gently from the tree-tops, almost peaceful in their spinning glide to the ground.

In the time it takes for your synapses to fire, you hear a scream...

You jerk around in time to see Crusher wrapped up in some sort of net...which is suddenly cinched tight, and Crush flies up into the branches, disappearing into the night...

Stray leaves fall gently from the tree-tops, almost peaceful in their spinning glide to the ground.

In the time it takes for your synapses to fire, you hear a scream...

You jerk around in time to see Crusher wrapped up in some sort of net...which is suddenly cinched tight, and Crush flies up into the branches, disappearing into the night...

That's some f^cking strong netting those Predators have.

That's some f^cking strong netting those Predators have.

Hahaha! Thank you for the instant mood-booster.

A game without Vicious, Slats, and JVoR is a sad one indeed. I feel shell-shocked and alone.

Was checking in to make sure we were good before the deadline, but it seems like that is a non-issue. Definitely sucks about JVOR, but it's tough to blame anyone under the circumstances. Not sure why my post count had anything to do with my vote on SMC given I had reasoning which I had clearly explained, but whatever, that's something to argue come daybreak.

Red light shinesdown overa Predato holding Crusher up by his throat. ThePredator leans back and screams in defiance, giving Crush just enough time to rear back with his right hand.

The hit is so hard that you can hear the crunch as Crusher's fist meets the Predator's jaws.

Out of reflex, the Predator lets go of Crush, just as the flare burns out.

Branches snap and shatter as Crush plummets through the trees, landing in the clearing with an audible thump.

You rush forward, fearing the worst, but Crush jumps to his feet before you can even reach him. He shakes his fist, covered in yellow glowing alien blood, bellowing like a bull!

"MOTHERF***ER! COME AND GET SOME MORE!"

A PREDATOR HAS ATTACKED, AND FAILED TO KILL CRUSHER

Shock turns to fierce pride, turns to dismay as you hear CTM gurgle behind you...

Red light shinesdown overa Predato holding Crusher up by his throat. ThePredator leans back and screams in defiance, giving Crush just enough time to rear back with his right hand.

The hit is so hard that you can hear the crunch as Crusher's fist meets the Predator's jaws.

Out of reflex, the Predator lets go of Crush, just as the flare burns out.

Branches snap and shatter as Crush plummets through the trees, landing in the clearing with an audible thump.

You rush forward, fearing the worst, but Crush jumps to his feet before you can even reach him. He shakes his fist, covered in yellow glowing alien blood, bellowing like a bull!

"MOTHERF***ER! COME AND GET SOME MORE!"

A PREDATOR HAS ATTACKED, AND FAILED TO KILL CRUSHER

Shock turns to fierce pride, turns to dismay as you hear CTM gurgle behind you...

What? I was just marveling at the impact crater

arizona_crater.gif

Ah yes, alien technology is a mother****er

Can I ask you guys one favor? Strictly voluntary? "Mother" is not a swear word. I don't mind any of the others, but, if you want to be accommodating, I'd appreciate it. If not, I'll love ya anyway.

Archived