Dolphins CEO on Super Bowl "fix" claim: "I respect that point of view"

SoFlaJets

yea just keep on talking dickheads...

Posted by Michael David Smith on June 23, 2010 11:04 AM ET

After New York/New Jersey beat out South Florida to host the 2014 Super Bowl, South Florida Super Bowl host committee chairman Rodney Barreto said, "the fix was in for New York."

Not everyone in the NFL was happy about that comment, but Dolphins CEO Mike Dee doesn't sound like he has a problem with it.

"You obviously heard Rodney's the 'fix was in' comment that was splashed all over the newspapers," Dee told the South Florida Super Bowl Host Committee at its final meeting Monday. "I respect that point of view."

Barreto acknowledged that it might have been "a poor choice of words," but he, too, seems to be standing by the idea behind those words, which is that the NFL decided to award the Super Bowl to New York without really weighing the pros and cons of each host city's bid.

And the folks in Miami may be right that the league did just that. But if they want to remain in the league's good graces and get to host a Super Bowl in the future, they'd probably be wise to stop accusing the league of a "fix."

ya and the fact that miami has hosted something like 1/4th of all superbowls doesn't signify any sort of "fix." talk about sour grapes - sheesh

Too funny. You're right, and perhaps more obvious...

Of course the fix was in. :face:

I'm still trying to figure out how a "fix" can be in with 32 votes in total? Do they think there were ballot box stuffings that somehow couldn't be seen? Do they think that the Jets/Giants owners somehow replaced the other owners with robots that would automatically vote for the Meadowlands on the day of the vote? Help me out here.

I hope there's a huge blizzard the same weekend as the the NY Superbowl, and the airports are shut down and the roads are ****ed. Dumb idea to have a SB in NY, but hey, those pushy New Yorkers need their satisfaction.

Yeah, well I hope florida secedes.

I love Jets message boards. We just can't do that on a Phins board.

Me too.

Actually I can’t do anything on a Fins board. I have tried to sign up on 3 occasions at Fin Heaven, and because of my screen name have not gotten a confirmation e-mail because of the possibility I might be a Jets fan because of my screen name.

I’m not very upset about it, just wanted to make a few posts during game week. Only a very zero kind of person would want to hang around a board of an opposing team

What a bunch of Fairies.

Your second point I have to agree on lately

I'm still trying to figure out how a "fix" can be in with 32 votes in total? Do they think there were ballot box stuffings that somehow couldn't be seen? Do they think that the Jets/Giants owners somehow replaced the other owners with robots that would automatically vote for the Meadowlands on the day of the vote? Help me out here.

Seconded. What DOES it mean?

That most owners had their minds made up before they voted? So? WTF is different about that compared to any other vote?

Are they trying to imply there was cheating going on?

I hope there's a huge blizzard the same weekend as the the NY Superbowl, and the airports are shut down and the roads are ****ed. Dumb idea to have a SB in NY, but hey, those pushy New Yorkers need their satisfaction.

Who cares where the Super Bowl is?

I love Jets message boards. We just can't do that on a Phins board.

Me too.

lol.....yeah finheaven sucks. you call someone delusional and they consider it a bannable personal attack. and if i went over with your act i'd be banned in a day...and if not i'd be complained about by all the prima donna members till i was banned.

Archived