Jets Try to be Better fakers: Cimini

flgreen

:yawn:

A rookie QB wasn't particularly adept at play-action passing in the NFL. Heavens to Murgatroyd!

Maybe he had a couple other things going on. Like learning a new offense, the speed of the NFL, changing out receivers during the year, etc. Not to mention the fact that the Jets rarely threw on first or second down, when play action is most effective.

Play fakes require confidence and patience. That'll come with experience.

good info, needs a better qualifier.

I got one.

They had a rookie quarterback.

Also don't expect Mark to come out on fire beginning next year. They still need to ease him into it especially on third down. They can expand the offense but need to keep things manageable, at least half way through the season

good info, needs a better qualifier.

I got one.

They had a rookie quarterback.

Also don't expect Mark to come out on fire beginning next year. They still need to ease him into it especially on third down. They can expand the offense but need to keep things manageable, at least half way through the season

I agree.

The first half of the season you will be seeing a lot of Pennington type ball. A lot of 3rd and shorts converted by swing passes to LT.

As Sanchez gets more comfortable, and confident in his WR

Also they were great on play action to Keller in the playoffs. About 150 yards, and 2 TD in 2 games.

Cimini is a dope. Sick of him.

I'll say it again...I wish he was in press box when they demolished the stadium. Just the overall tone of the article is negative, even the last line. If he hates covering the team so much he should move on to another team.

Rich,

Did you watch ANY of the 3 playoff games? We scored a TD in the Cincy game off play action for 45 yards. Our passing TD in the San Diego game? You guessed it, off play action. In the Colts game, our first score, 80 yards.... off play action.

If he watched the games, what would he write about?

Any time you ask a rookie to turn his back on a defense, fake a hand off, then try to find an open receiver in a matter of 2-3 seconds, you're going to have growing pains. This shouldn't be a surprise at all.

+1+

Penny made play action look easy and now a lot of Jet fans don't understand that making the QB turn away from the defense and then turn around again to throw increases the difficulty of the play.

1st off Cimini is an ASS!!!!!

And 2nd off Schotty needs to look in the mirror he is as much to blame if not more to blame than anyonelse for this, his play calling and route combinations were atrocious I don't have the time to look it up, but I bet the Jets were in the bottom of the league on playaction passes called % wise on 1st down and near the top of the league % wise on playaction passes called on 3rd and long situations and these stats would equal fail.

1st off Cimini is an ASS!!!!!

And 2nd off Schotty needs to look in the mirror he is as much to blame if not more to blame than anyonelse for this, his play calling and route combinations were atrocious I don't have the time to look it up, but I bet the Jets were in the bottom of the league on playaction passes called % wise on 1st down and near the top of the league % wise on playaction passes called on 3rd and long situations and these stats would equal fail.

Point #1 is correct.

Sanchez struggled in ALL aspects the first 3/4 of the season. Of course his play action will struggle. LOOK at the playoffs though, we used it for TDs...

Archived