Darrelle Revis Holdout: MERGED

JonEJet

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't see how anything changed haha How does woody saying things are "status quo" change anything? what did people expect he would say "Yes we have a deal Revis will be in camp tomorrow and play against the Redskin...SURPRISE!!"

And Cowlishaw didnt back down AT ALL. He said it would be weird if the source was wrong.

When did he back off? Just because you misinterpreted his tweet means he's backing off? He said 3 people have different sources that are saying the same thing. If a deal wasn't getting done soon it would be very strange. How does that mean he's backing off?

When someone starts saying "if they are wrong" they ususally know, they're wrong.

I think someone was having some fun with Colishaw.

Sounds more and more like this is dead in the water... Unless I see something substantial by 8pm tonight, Im going to assume Cowlishaw, ESPNRADIO, Pitt local TV, and Fanhouse were all misled.

Perhaps Team Revis got this into their heads, as a way of sending a message that they'll come of the unreasonable $16.2/$162 demands, for the new unreasonable demands of $15.2/$152 with $65 million guaranteed.

No one said he signed. There were reports of a supposed deal, no one said he signed. They said he was close to signing.

If Florio's caving theory is right, and you take the fact that a report came out of Revis' hometown - you would have to assume it was Revis' side caving.

This is all VERY wishful thinking tho.

I don't see how anything changed haha How does woody saying things are "status quo" change anything? what did people expect he would say "Yes we have a deal Revis will be in camp tomorrow and play against the Redskin...SURPRISE!!"

And Cowlishaw didnt back down AT ALL. He said it would be weird if the source was wrong.

Its almost 2pm Wednesday...The day Revis was supposed to sign. The only reports that have come out so far claim that no meeting has taken place, and that the impasse remains at a standstill. I knew it was stupid getting my hopes up. If this thing were really happening within the next 24 hours, more then 3 or 4 sources would know something by now, Id assume.

For what it's worth (which probably isn't much), Fatcesa is reporting that anyone who thinks Revis is close to signing doesn't know what they're talking about.

He's adamant that nothing is happening in the short term.

Just sayin' for anyone interested in Fatso's take.

I would love to see him eat his words like he eats everything else.

Its almost 2pm Wednesday...The day Revis was supposed to sign. The only reports that have come out so far claim that no meeting has taken place, and that the impasse remains at a standstill. I knew it was stupid getting my hopes up. If this thing were really happening within the next 24 hours, more then 3 or 4 sources would know something by now, Id assume.

Keep listening to the Jets Beat writers. They're obviously in the know on this one.

For what it's worth (which probably isn't much), Fatcesa is reporting that anyone who thinks Revis is close to signing doesn't know what they're talking about.

He's adamant that nothing is happening in the short term.

Just sayin' for anyone interested in Fatso's take.

I would love to see him eat his words like he eats everything else.

So there is hope...

I agree. I'm not saying he is going to sign today and Cowlishaw NEVER said definitely Wednesday. He said Wednesday or Saturday and then another source said Thursday...all these sources are confusing haha All I'm saying is to take Woody's comments and say that "thats it, there is no deal" is dumb. And to read Cowlishaws tweet as him backing down doesnt make sense.

What's not to understand...

Calishaw is starting the "if Im wrong scenario"

Generally when someone starts back tracking like that...they already know they are wrong.

No he's not. How the **** can you continue to misinterpret this?

He is pointing out that multiple news outlets are reporting the same information and that said information is more than likely coming from more than one source and that the likihood of it being wrong is shrinking by the minute.

That is in no way backing off.

Keep listening to the Jets Beat writers. They're obviously in the know on this one.

How bout Mort? Schefter? Schein? If this thing really were so close, dont you think some of these well-connected NFL reporters would have heard something about it by now? Not saying Revis wont sign before the season...I hope he does. But Im beginning to seriously doubt the few positive reports I'v heard... And will just about disregard them if something substantial doesn't surface at some point this afternoon or evening.

How bout Mort? Schefter? Schein? If this thing really were so close, dont you think some of these well-connected NFL reporters would have heard something about it by now? Not saying Revis wont sign before the season...I hope he does. But Im beginning to seriously doubt the few positive reports I'v heard... And will just about disregard them if something substantial doesn't surface at some point this afternoon or evening.

I understand what you're saying. But there's no denying that something is happening. Everyone you listed fell under the Media Blackout. That means news is going to leak from unlikely sources, that's why randoms are coming out of the word work with stuff.

You think they're all just playing games with Jets fans? You think Cowlishaw wanted to get involved with this?

I understand what you're saying. But there's no denying that something is happening. Everyone you listed fell under the Media Blackout. That means news is going to leak from unlikely sources, that's why randoms are coming out of the word work with stuff.

You think they're all just playing games with Jets fans? You think Cowlishaw wanted to get involved with this?

You act as if this would be the 1st time a source is/was wrong. Sources (especially the odd, 3rd party ones) are wrong more often then they are not.

No he's not. How the **** can you continue to misinterpret this?

He is pointing out that multiple news outlets are reporting the same information and that said information is more than likely coming from more than one source and that the likihood of it being wrong is shrinking by the minute.

That is in no way backing off.

Im just saying notice Calishaw isnt denying the fact that his sources could be wrong. That wasnt the case a few days ago.

No, if I'm wrong, it's my fault, not someone else's.

That to me, seems like he knows he's probably wrong here.

Couldnt agree more. You're gonna hear this news from weird places. Cowlishaw himself said he didnt even ask about it, it fell into his lap. Just because they cover the Jets or the NFL doesnt mean theyre gonna get inside scoops first. In fact it probably works to their disadvantage in a *media* blackout.

Archived