Darrelle Revis Holdout: MERGED

JonEJet

I dont care how they do it. All i care about is them winning games. Bugg put it the best they don't hand out trophies for cap management.

besides the fact that the cap has never gone down, and the owners are pushing for an 18 game season,

there might not even be a cap in the future.

Right give him anything he wants this year, don't worry about him holding out again next year, the new CBA, or the rest of the team. :blink:

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Which does not mean you were not trying to get $1 million anyway.

Ok? I dont get it man. Of course he's trying to get the most he can. My only arguement this entire time has been that he wont sit out the whole season, was never planning to, and will accept less than Aso money if he's not offered it by Sept 13. Thats it.

Right give him anything he wants this year, don't worry about him holding out again next year, the new CBA, or the rest of the team. :blink:

It's not ideal but what is the alternative?

Play without Revis, go 8-8 and bone their 1 decent chance for a Super Bowl in the last 15 years.

sorry to say Brooklyn but the dude in your sig doesn't look any better than last year. The only way this team gets er done is with Revis and an all-time defense.

Play without Revis, go 8-8 and bone their 1 decent chance for a Super Bowl in the last 15 years.

sorry to say Brooklyn but the dude in your sig doesn't look any better than last year. The only way this team gets er done is with Revis and an all-time defense.

LMAO Wow such an optimist. After 2 preseason games Sanchez "doesn't look any better than last year" hahaha

LMAO Wow such an optimist. After 2 preseason games Sanchez "doesn't look any better than last year" hahaha

not to mention how he looked garbage on HK, reports out of practice yesterday, etc. He's not gonna get alot of work in the rest of the preseason...

we can hope he becomes Drew Brees... and it might happen, 5 years from now. in 2010 he's still a kid.

If I thought the Jets didn't need this player, I wouldn't support signing him. But they need him.

not to mention how he looked garbage on HK, reports out of practice yesterday

we can hope he becomes Drew Brees... and it might happen, 5 years from now. in 2010 he's still a kid.

Huh? Reports I heard was he threw 2 50 yd TD passes to Braylon at practice this week. Not that that even matters, its practice. Talk to me by Game 5 about whther or not he improved.

Ok? I dont get it man. Of course he's trying to get the most he can. My only arguement this entire time has been that he wont sit out the whole season, was never planning to, and will accept less than Aso money if he's not offered it by Sept 13. Thats it.

That's what you believe and that's fine, but that does not make anything that was said/used in negotiations irrelevant.

You act as if the agents are working apart from Revis and that nothing that gets reported regarding them even matters.

That's what you believe and that's fine, but that does not make anything that was said/used in negotiations irrelevant.

You act as if the agents are working apart from Revis and that nothing that gets reported regarding them even matters.

IMHO The agents work for themselves first, and then for Revis. Just like most Agents in any form of entertainment. They're gonna do whats best for them and convince their client its right for them too.

This is just silly now.

You cannot destroy the teams future at being relevant, over 1 player, going for it for 1 year.

If you don't win it all the repercussions would be devastating.

Your logic is totally flawed, if we win the super bowl with Revis, it would not be solely because of Revis, same thing if we lose without him.

Seriously get a clue, who are the next best 2 CB's? Bailey and Aso, how are their teams doing?

How many teams won it all because of their corner, you are totally out of touch.

IMHO The agents work for themselves first, and then for Revis. Just like most Agents in any form of entertainment. They're gonna do whats best for them and convince their client its right for them too.

So let me get this straight, Revis pays huge commissions to agents that work for themselves.

They basically say the hell with what you want, we know better, we're gonna get what's best for us!

So sit there and shut up while we run the show, you have no say in it.

Revis just sits there and smiles, and apparently you would too.

Are you trying to be more ridiculous than bitonti right now? :huh:

You cannot destroy the teams future at being relevant, over 1 player, going for it for 1 year.

1 superstar taking up 10% of the cap is not destroying the team. that's what superstars in their prime cost. if you dont want superstars, draft like crap. Trade out of the round every year like belly.

1 superstar taking up 10% of the cap is not destroying the team. that's what superstars in their prime cost. if you dont want superstars, draft like crap. Trade out of the round every year like belly.

OK genius, so tell me what's 10% of the new cap?

You can't! So how do you know he only wants 10%?

You don't! So what do you know?

How do you know that? Suppose Edwards, Holmes and Harris, etc., have a year like Revis had? How do we sign them? This contract whatever it turns out to be, better not affect the signing of other players...that's been my only complaint with Revis.

OK genius, so tell me what's 10% of the new cap?

You can't! So how do you know he only wants 10%?

You don't! So what do you know?

It's best to live under the assumption that we could all be hit by a meteor tomorrow. so **** it.

The Jets with a superstar are better than without a super star. It's not some sort of curse to have the best defender in the league. It's a blessing. Pay him.

I'll take my chances that Holmes, Edwards, Cro and Harris WONT have Revis type years. Cause they aint Revis.

So let me get this straight, Revis pays huge commissions to agents that work for themselves.

They basically say the hell with what you want, we know better, we're gonna get what's best for us!

Why would he argue with them? This is my opinion of what I believe is going on behind the scenes.

Agent: "Darrelle we believe we can get you this crazy contract. Give us until such and such a date to do our thing. They know your uncle held out for a year we can use that to our advantage. Worst case scenario we'll get you a better contract and if by Sept 13 we don't have what we want step in and be the good guy who takes less than expected"

Why argue with that? It's a win/win situation. Then things got sticky, Woody and Tannenbaum started bashing him....what happens next? Media Blackout! Because Revis started getting nervous about his image. Could I be way way off base? Hell yes I definitely could but this is what I believe.

It's best to live under the assumption that we could all be hit by a meteor tomorrow. so **** it.

The Jets with a superstar are better than without a super star. It's not some sort of curse to have the best defender in the league. It's a blessing. Pay him.

I'll take my chances that Holmes, Edwards, Cro and Harris WONT have Revis type years. Cause they aint Revis.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Are you kidding me?

I think they basically say "you are the best you deserve to be paid the highest". That means more money to him and more for them. More for them. More for them. Somebody will pay. More for them.

"Hello, Fidelity? Yes, I'd like to withdraw all of the funds from my 401k and close the account. Yes, I realize that I will lose nearly half of the money to penalties and taxes, but this message board poster informed me that we could all be hit by a meteor tomorrow, so **** it. His predictions are always spot-on, I think I should follow his advice."

Archived