Darrelle Revis Holdout: MERGED

JonEJet

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Granted Woody could be lying. But no guestion he has better inside info than anyone else.

Jets owner: No new developments in Revis saga By Steve Wyche NFL.com

Senior Writer

Published: Aug. 25, 2010 at 12:54 p.m. Updated: Aug. 25, 2010 at 01:05 p.m.

Jets owner Johnson: Revis holdout remains 'status quo'

ATLANTA -- I just spoke with Jets owner Woody Johnson at the Special League Meeting on Wednesday, and he told me that to his knowledge, there is nothing new with the Jets and holdout cornerback Darrelle Revis.

I asked him if there have been any recent meetings or negotiations and he told me that the team and Revis' reps have promised not to publicly discuss the matter but he said, again, to his knowledge, there have been no new developments.

Lastly, I asked him if he expects Revis to report anytime soon. Johnson said, to his knowledge, things remain "status quo."

There have been conflicting reports in the past few days regarding Revis' holdout. The New York Daily News reported Wednesday that the two sides are close to coming to terms on a new deal.

The Dallas Morning News reported that Revis' agents and the Jets were supposed to meet Tuesday night, but the Daily News said there are strong indications that such a meeting never took place.

Yes but multiple ones saying the same thing.

Im not sure how we can be sure there are multiple sources. How can we be sure one of Revis's good friends didn't overhear part of a conversation and started spreading what he heard... Cowlishaw first saw the #s on Sunday or Monday and was shocked at how high the guaranteed money was, so shocked he didnt report it because he figured it was too high. Two days later Pitt Radio is announcing a deal is in place for about $65m guaranteed. Could be confirmation that Cowlishaw's report is correct, or could be that one source gave both news outlets the same false info. We just won't know until (if) he signs this week.

There is NO WAY he sits out this year, I dont even think theres a chance of him missing a single regular season game.

Im pretty sure there's a way. We'd like to not believe it, but judging by everything he and his agents said to the media before the blackout... Doesn't seem like he's going to come play for anything short of a boatload of guaranteed money.

Im pretty sure there's a way. We'd like to not believe it, but judging by everything he and his agents said to the media before the blackout... Doesn't seem like he's going to come play for anything short of a boatload of guaranteed money.

Havent heard a single thing out of Revis's mouth since this holdout began. If he was saying this stuff himself, id be more inclined to believe it but he's not. It's his agents doing business.

Havent heard a single thing out of Revis's mouth since this holdout began. If he was saying this stuff himself, id be more inclined to believe it but he's not. It's his agents doing business.

Before TC started he went to the media constantly talking about not being the next Leon, etc. etc. Translation: I want a boatload of guaranteed money, and wont be risking injury till I get it.

He employs them to do HIS business.

He said himself he want's more than Aso, his agents say he wants $16.2/$162.

You are right, that's such a crooked line there. :blink:

media blackout.

LOL

The article doesnt even make sense. The guy is asking him about the Mevi$ situation and Johnson is telling him that the matter isnt to be publicly discussed.

The only quote he gave him was everything is "status quo" in terms of Mevi$ and making it into camp. Unless "status quo" = no Mevi$. I dont see how anything could be "status quo". Status quo, IMO, would mean Mevi$ is in Green and White and practicing with the team.

Wyche in fact, gained nothing out of this so called interview. I realize this is just trolling but the article is gawd awful.

He wasn't "constantly talking." He did one press conference.

Oh, yeah...that really changes things. Let me revise my statement. He held one press conference saying he didn't want to be the next Leon/ Translation: I want a boatload of guaranteed money, and wont be risking injury till I get it.

He employs them to do HIS business.

He said himself he want's more than Aso, his agents say he wants $16.2/$162.

You are right, that's such a crooked line there. :blink:

Right and why do they hire these agents? Because they don't know how to negotiate. I would think that these agents have a timeline from him before he accepts the Jets best deal. But for now he is told to keep quiet.

He wasn't "constantly talking." He did one press conference.

Not true. He had multiple on the spot interviews along with a press conference where he made comments about his contract and needing to get paid to take care of his family.

Not to mention he lied to his team and faked an injury.

LOL

The article doesnt even make sense. The guy is asking him about the Mevi$ situation and Johnson is telling him that the matter isnt to be publicly discussed.

The only quote he gave him was everything is "status quo" in terms of Mevi$ and making it into camp. Unless "status quo" = no Mevi$. I dont see how anything could be "status quo". Status quo, IMO, would mean Mevi$ is in Green and White and practicing with the team.

Wyche in fact, gained nothing out of this so called interview. I realize this is just trolling but the article is gawd awful.

Exactly. This article is nothing but a waste of time.

Not true. He had multiple on the spot interviews along with a press conference where he made comments about his contract and needing to get paid to take care of his family.

Not to mention he lied to his team and faked an injury.

He also said he didn't have to be the highest paid CB in the NFL but notice how nobody remembers that.

Right and why do they hire these agents? Because they don't know how to negotiate. I would think that these agents have a timeline from him before he accepts the Jets best deal. But for now he is told to keep quiet.

Revis said that's what he wants, with his own mouth, in his own words.

He also said he would hold out the whole year.

According to you that time line ends today so he can play in pre-season game 3 right?

Archived