It's All About Cromartie Now

SoFlaJets

Are we better off with Mevi$, yep, but dont think for a second that Rex wont make Cro look like a beast.

I think you have to play the wait and see approach. Cromartie is an alien athletically and for some reason detractors overlook the fact that Norv took him off press coverage last year, or the hip, but unless he was knowingly pulling a Vince Carter in the AFC Championship, there's definitely a reason or two to be treading carefully. Yet Rex instills confidence like no other and it's hard to believe that he wouldn't play to his strengths, which make him a top 3-4 corner when he's on. I think we'll be OK.

I think you have to play the wait and see approach. Cromartie is an alien athletically and for some reason detractors overlook the fact that Norv took him off press coverage last year, but unless he was knowingly pulling a Vince Carter in the AFC Championship, there's definitely a reason or two to be treading carefully. But Rex instills confidence like no other and it's hard to believe that he wouldn't play to his strengths, which make him a top 3-4 corner when he's on. I think we'll be OK.

Rex knows how to utilize what he has-just like we all watched Belichick (and wished we had a coach who would) make those adjustments, Ryan does the same thing. Like I said RJF, we won't be playing Revis ball anyway so Cromartie doesn't have be Darrelle Revis-Ryan will just do something different-just like he did when Jenkins went down last year.

but I don't expect Ryan to play Revis ball anyway JiF-just like how we played a different style of defense when Jenkins went down, we'll do the same w/o The Diva out there. Look, we all know it's a copycat league anyway and every team is going to use the Colts idea of sacrificing the #1 WR and try to beat the Jets out of the slot-no Revis? Fine we'll still be playing a Rex Ryan defense and we all know they are pretty damn good schemes

If Rex can have the 6th best defense in the league in Balt w/ Ray Lewis and Ed Reed missing significant time, I'm pretty damn sure he can have a top rated defense with all the talent we have here without Mevi$.

As great as Mevi$ is, Cro is a freak and in the right situation will show it. And a player like him, is definitely in the right situation w/ Rex. Its like Sapp said, listen to Rex, know your role and his schemes will do the rest.

I think you have to play the wait and see approach. Cromartie is an alien athletically and for some reason detractors overlook the fact that Norv took him off press coverage last year, but unless he was knowingly pulling a Vince Carter in the AFC Championship, there's definitely a reason or two to be treading carefully. But Rex instills confidence like no other and it's hard to believe that he wouldn't play to his strengths, which make him a top 3-4 corner when he's on. I think we'll be OK.

No doubt. And dont think for a second that guys like Bart Scott dont rip Cro for that weak sh*t he pulled. I guarantee (and wouldnt be surprised if we see it on Hard Knocks) that they replay that Greene TD and straight up say, we aint having that sh*t here buddy.

And the reports have been that Cro is laying wood. I read somewhere that he laid Greene out on the LOS the other day.

Not Jets' PLAYER fan-Revis is out for the year with a torn ACL as far as I'm concerned. The last guy we had playing #1CB has never been able to do what Antonio has done. Cro has never missed a game in his NFL career and is a grateful person for what the Jets org. has done for him. I'm ready to move on and paddle away from Revis Island...next stop on the tour? Al-CRO-traz baby!! Go Jets!!!!!

Al-CRO-traz !!!

Love that, SFJ!

Like I said RJF, we won't be playing Revis ball anyway so Cromartie doesn't have be Darrelle Revis-Ryan will just do something different-just like he did when Jenkins went down last year.

I think it depends. If Pre-hip Cromartie shows up, (and per reports he has thus far), I don't think we'll have to do much differently. Rolling coverage won't be as much of a luxury, but the improvements in literally every other area of the defense should more than make up for that.

Agreed.

If he shows up, that will be great.

But right now, both sides say he's not going to. So, until new information comes out, Cromartie is the best corner on our team.

I'm moving on as if he's out with an ACL or something. I want to talk Jets football at this time of year not about some spoiled 24 year old who has let sh*t go to his head. I'm tired of that.

I'm moving on as if he's out with an ACL or something. I want to talk Jets football at this time of year not about some spoiled 24 year old who has let sh*t go to his head. I'm tired of that.

Does that mean you wont be starting anymore Revis threads? ;)

Not gonna disagree with you there. Revis is definitely an arrogant kid...he sure carries himself like it.

The thing that sucks though is that he's really that good.

Does that mean you wont be starting anymore Revis threads? ;)

It depends on what comes out in the next few days...hopefully the next one I post says; BREAKING Revis Signed!!!!!!!!! In the meantime how much can be said about it that hasn't already been said? Unless of course I want to argue with Bit and Direjet for a whole other day-it's getting old bro-Twitter too is a lousy place to try and have a football discussion on when half the people there are talking about their new Blackberries and sh*t...

Archived