Chiefs DE Jackson could lose starting job?

Integrity28

Chiefs DE Jackson could lose starting job?

Kent Babb of the Kansas City Star suggests that 2009 No. 3 overall pick Tyson Jackson is in danger of losing his starting job.

According to Babb, Jackson has had a "poor camp" a year after what Matt Williamson of ESPN Scouts Inc. described as an "all-around awful" rookie season. Wallace Gilberry would be the next man up if Jackson is benched. Gilberry offers more pass-rush ability, but Jackson was supposed to be the cornerstone of the Chiefs' line. He's already looking like a bust.

I remember loving this kid in the draft... honestly, I'm shocked by this.

Goes to show you... Gholston's happen.

I remember loving this kid in the draft... honestly, I'm shocked by this.

Goes to show you... Gholston's happen.

Not a fair statement. Gholston busted out of position where Jackson is busting at his all american position. Jackson= even bigger bust.

Not a fair statement. Gholston busted out of position where Jackson is busting at his all american position. Jackson= even bigger bust.

Gholston is the bigger bust. At least Jackson saw the field in meanigful action and wasn't a healthy scratch.

+1. He was projected as a late first rounder early second. This years Bust to be: Tyson Alualu, DE, Jax. Picked 10th overall and a projected 2nd rnd pick haha.

Actually, from everything I've read, Alualu, despite being a bit banged up, has been playing very well opposite Aaron Kampman. Alualu actually plays with fire and energy, he's not the type to bust out. I'd bet on him just being mediocre for a half dozen years, before I'd ever bet on him busting out.

If they cut him I'd hope we signed him. He'd probably start here. I doubt he loses his job for his whole career.

I don't mean that as a big fan...I'm meh on him and felt the same way about him coming out of college...it's just that many DL are like pitchers in baseball...they take a while...last year he was a pretty decent starter for them. He's just one of those guys people couldn't wait to label a bust.

Archived