How about a trade with the Vikes?

NIGHT STALKER

The Vikings are suddenly short on cornerbacks

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on August 31, 2010 3:22 PM ET

Nine days from a season-opening game against the high-flying Saints, the Vikings have a problem with their secondary depth.

Judd Zulgad of the Minneapolis Star-Tribune reports that rookie cornerback Chris Cook will be sidelined at least two weeks after suffering a torn meniscus in his left knee Saturday.

Cook started the team's third preseason game. His emergence helped the team feel comfortable dealing away veteran cornerback Benny Sapp last week for wideout Greg Camarillo. The Vikings now look likely to start Lito Sheppard (who Cook had displaced) and move Asher Allen into the nickel back role.

Zulgad says the Vikings could look outside the organization to fill Sheppard's starting role, which says a lot about how they view Sheppard.

Somewhere, Saints coach Sean Payton is smiling and choosing his favorite plays featuring four wide receivers.

The only person I would want on the entire Vikings team is Peterson. Allen wouldn't fit in our defense, Hutch is getting old, and the Williams' brothers are getting up there in age.

The New York Jets are not going to TRADE Darrelle Revis this season. The idea alone is stupid.

The only person I would want on the entire Vikings team is Peterson. Allen wouldn't fit in our defense, Hutch is getting old, and the Williams' brothers are getting up there in age.

The New York Jets are not going to TRADE Darrelle Revis this season. The idea alone is stupid.

Easy tiger. This entire MEvis BS going on is stupid.

Easy tiger. This entire MEvis BS going on is stupid.

True, but you have to propose something in return that the Jets get.

You can't say, "Oh, Vikes need a CB, let's trade Revis there" but then not saying anything about what the Jets get back.

Kevin Williams as a 3-4 DE in Rex's D would make the world go: :o .

That's what it'd take...or Peterson, I guess. Peterson in NY with this OL...which I realize isn't as good as last years OL...that also would be :o .

Include Kellen Clemens so the guy can get a shot at starting in the future. He could do well there.

Even if the Jets traded Darrelle Revis (who is still under contract, by the way) to the Vikings, why would that change his contract status? He would still be seeking a re-negotiation of his contract. Trading him to the Vikes wouldn't change that.

The Vikings would need to trade for a CB who is both very good (Revis would fill that bill) and satisfied with his current contract (Revis would not fit there).

Even if the Jets traded Darrelle Revis (who is still under contract, by the way) to the Vikings, why would that change his contract status? He would still be seeking a re-negotiation of his contract. Trading him to the Vikes wouldn't change that.

The Vikings would need to trade for a CB who is both very good (Revis would fill that bill) and satisfied with his current contract (Revis would not fit there).

Any team that is going to try to trade for Revis will want to get a new contract done prior to pulling the trigger. With that being said, Revis' chance of getting traded is nearly 0%.

Archived