The New Orleans Saints / Hurricane Katrina Drinking Game

The Gun Of Bavaria

I'm creating a new drinking game for all of America. Whenever the Saints are on national TV, every reference to Hurricane Katrina must be followed by a shot. Guaranteed every one of us will be drunk by halftime.

Jesus Christ already, enough with the Hurricane Katrina references. It's 2010.....what's next, references to Drew Bree's Great - Great Grandpa during the Battle of New Orleans?

Andrea Kramer : We talked to Drew Brees today and he mentioned that when Maj. Gen. Benjamin Franklin Butler and his Union forces landed at New Orleans, Jeremiah Brees had no idea where his family was and was unable to locate them until a Western Union Telegram arrived stating they had sneaked through Union lines and fled to Little Rock.

The media always goes for this sappy BS. The Saints winning the Super Bowl did not raise the 3000 Katrina dead nor rebuild any homes nor neighborhoods. Sports is still the toy and candy departments in the store of life, though it costs a lot more than they used to. The NFL use this Saints/Katrina nonsense as marketing and it's crap.

As with the Yankees going to the World Series in 2001, had a dear friend who died on 9/11. and happened to be a Yankee fan. But so what; he's still dead. That run was a pleasant distraction, but not some life-saving miracle.

People still bitch about 9/11, how is that any different?

9/11 was a terrorist attack. Katrina was a natural disaster where everyone knew it was coming. If you can't see the difference I don't know what to tell ya.

And New Yorkers really don't b**** about it. They went in and took care of it, and are past it. I've been to New Orleans to help out the last 2 years and there's still a good bit of apathy and "when's someone going to help us?" kind of feeling down there in the Lower 9th and 8th Wards.

Furthermore, the Giants didn't really use their 2007 Super Bowl victory as some sort of healing for 9/11, although the 2001 Yankees did somewhat because it had just happened.

The Saints used Katrina 7 years after the fact.

Sorry if the above is too political. If it is, blame GOB, not me. :lol:

9/11 was a terrorist attack. Katrina was a natural disaster where everyone knew it was coming. If you can't see the difference I don't know what to tell ya.

And New Yorkers really don't b**** about it. They went in and took care of it, and are past it. I've been to New Orleans to help out the last 2 years and there's still a good bit of apathy and "when's someone going to help us?" kind of feeling down there in the Lower 9th and 8th Wards.

Furthermore, the Giants didn't really use their 2007 Super Bowl victory as some sort of healing for 9/11, although the 2001 Yankees did somewhat because it had just happened.

The Saints used Katrina 7 years after the fact.

Sorry if the above is too political. If it is, blame GOB, not me. :lol:

Natural Disaster/Terrorist attack, both are equally devastating. I dont care if they mention it a million times. None of you would be saying sh*t if it were your city. Try a little empathy.

Natural Disaster/Terrorist attack, both are equally devastating. I dont care if they mention it a million times. None of you would be saying sh*t if it were your city. Try a little empathy.

If I were living in New Orleans, I'd be living in the part that isn't destroyed. The only areas that are bad off are the 8th and Lower 9th wards, and those places were trashed BEFORE Katrina.

And as I said, New York has gotten over 9/11 and moved on. New Orleans clearly hasn't. Again, its been SEVEN years.

And no, terrorist attacks and natural disasters are not at all equal. What preparation did the people on those planes or buildings have? People were told to get the hell out of New Orleans WEEKS before the hurricane hit.

I do have empathy. I have it for the people who were in the Superdome during the storm, not the ones were in there last night because they ain't the same people.

I also have empathy for the people from Mississippi and Alabama who were hit even harder during Katrina yet seem to have been forgotten about.

If I were living in New Orleans, I'd be living in the part that isn't destroyed. The only areas that are bad off are the 8th and Lower 9th wards, and those places were trashed BEFORE Katrina.

And as I said, New York has gotten over 9/11 and moved on. New Orleans clearly hasn't. Again, its been SEVEN years.

And no, terrorist attacks and natural disasters are not at all equal. What preparation did the people on those planes or buildings have? People were told to get the hell out of New Orleans WEEKS before the hurricane hit.

Nobody orders evacuations of a city for a hurricane WEEKS ahead of time. The science of tracking hurricanes is still inexact.

And I don't think anyone has gotten over 9/11.

In fairness to New Orleans, every time I watch a Hawaii Rainbows football game, one of the "Ford Tough Keys to Victory" is ALWAYS "Has the team recovered from Pearl Harbor?"

As per the media, in the wake of SaintS' Super Bowl victory, the Louisiana dead of Katrina rose for their graves, reanimated like the zombie scene James Bond movie with the guy from the 7 Up commercial and Jane Seymour.

Also that scene in "Titanic" with the old lady tossing a million dollar jewel into the North Atlantic-TRUE STORY!

Poll-BETTER NAKED CHICK-20-year old Jane Seymour or Tit-anic Kate Winslet. VOTE NOW!

Archived