My first time at the new stadium

BP

ROFLMFAO! What a fricking joke! I mean a complete and utter joke this new stadium is. the inner part (watching the game xp) was nice! but other than that..lol..garbage..absolute garbage! I miss the old stadium.

Thank goodness for the new state of the art stair system on the leaving the stadium! bwahahahaha! what a joke! I miss the old ramps! BADLY! the tunnel to get over to lot B was packed with cattle at the end of the game.

I had a good time because I enjoyed the company I was with. Roger, Vinny..Tyson..and all who I saw. but I must say the game xp was much more fun at the old stadium. I am very happy I didnt buy PSL's ROTFLMFAO!

I held off posting early this morning after getting home from the game. As far as the new stadium goes you can keep it. The roads leading into the parking lot all backed up for at least an hour. The parking sucks. The spots are small the tailgate space is limited. I sat in the 200 section level 50 yard line nice seats with a PSL of $15k each. To get to the 200 level many steps or 1 escalator. The corridors are small. The bathrooms had 1 door in 1 door out. Sure its plush and nice indoor eating and seating but it all comes with a price.

Maybe I will need to get used to it but I wont be buying a PSL anytime soon or at least this season. Enjoy guys!

Parking sucks.You would think with a billion spent someone would have thought about improving road access. Guess not.

It's said they can evacuate the new Yankee Stadium in under 7 minutes-exits galore. It took a half hour to 45 minutes to get out of there at game's end. It was claustrophic and scary. All fine and good to have all these BS food concessions, but since most football fans tailgate, WGAF? Did anyone designing this place think about getting 80K people out of their seats, or was the only goal to set up as mnay retail bottlenecks as possible?

Did this happen to anyone else;

Tailgated in Lot B with the crew I usually do, seats were at the opposite side of the stadium. Which was fine, we'd rather walk to our seats and tailgate with friends. But on the way out it was mobbed and instead of fighting traffic to walk out the same gate we walked in at, we left out the nearest gate and proceeded to our car. So with Lot B in site we get to a security/policy barricade telling us there's abosulutley no way we could walk past to our cars that we can see. We must walk around the whole stadium because it was the players exit.

Kidding me? Walk all the way back around after the 45 minutes it took me to get out. I could see my car!

It wasn't all a waste though, in our efforts to still find a short cut we found ourselves in the Ravens Family section of the stadium. Met Ray Rice, Flacco and Heap, and asked every one of them to give us the nod to walk through the players exit. No dice, but hilarious telling Ray Rice was glad I didn't draft him in fantasy.

Did this happen to anyone else;

Tailgated in Lot B with the crew I usually do, seats were at the opposite side of the stadium. Which was fine, we'd rather walk to our seats and tailgate with friends. But on the way out it was mobbed and instead of fighting traffic to walk out the same gate we walked in at, we left out the nearest gate and proceeded to our car. So with Lot B in site we get to a security/policy barricade telling us there's abosulutley no way we could walk past to our cars that we can see. We must walk around.

Kidding me?

It wasn't all a waste though, in our efforts to still find a short cut we found ourselves in the Ravens Family section of the stadium. Met Ray Rice, Flacco and Heap, and asked every one of them to give us the nod to walk through the players exit. No dice, but hilarious telling Ray Rice was glad I didn't draft him in fantasy.

Exiing last night was scary. Can recall seeing AC/DC and GNR/Metallica at the old stadium with huge crowds, and it was nowhere near that bad. Been to Solider Field, ND, mess of arenas and stadiums like Carolina, Old Foxboro, Wrigley, Fenway, Shea(Billy Joel, The Who/The Clash), Camden,what ever Joe Robbie is called, Yankee Old and New. This new stadium is the worst for easy in, easy out. Last night getting out of there was scary. They have to open more exits. If there is an emergency people are going to get hurt.The entire stadium seems like a collection of stands and stores that are designed to force you to buy something because you cannot get anywhere anyway.

I have a ticket for Sunday for my son, but he broke his ankle and is on crutches for a few weeks. Simply he cannot go. It wouldn't be safe.

Exiing last night was scary. Can recall seeing AC/DC and GNR/Metallica at the old stadium with huge crowds, and it was nowhere near that bad. Been to Solider Field, ND, mess of arenas and stadiums like Carolina, Old Foxboro, Wrigley, Fenway, Shea(Billy Joel, The Who/The Clash), Camden,what ever Joe Robbie is called, Yankee Old and New. This new stadium is the worst for easy in, easy out. Last night getting out of there was scary. They have to open more exits. If there is an emergency people are going to get hurt.The entire stadium seems like a collection of stands and stores that are designed to force you to buy something because you cannot get anywhere anyway.

I have a ticket for Sunday for my son, but he broke his ankle and is on crutches for a few weeks. Simply he cannot go. It wouldn't be safe.

I wish I could tell you it would be alright, but I can't.

To quote my brother after that whole mess getting out of there, "It makes it really tough to be a fan of this team after all this."

Absolute boondoggle:

The ramps are an absolute joke. To get from the upper deck, you had to walk about 6 miles back and forth to get down, while people from the lower decks are also trying cram in. They had one escalator running for thousands of people and it was a massive crush. One worker said it was for safety reasons and another said that the escalator was broken. Simply put, if there was an emergency of any kind, hundreds of people will die in a stampede. We can no longer make fun of the insane design of Gillette Stadium, because we have apparently copied it. Give me the spirals and the escalator straight to each level. This is progress? Someone deserves to be flogged for this fiasco.

Where are the bigger, better bathrooms that Woody was crowing about? The bathrooms are small and had lines 6 deep inside and about 50-75 waiting outside. Disgraceful and woefully inadequate.

My seats suck balls. I am in the 6th row of the upper deck (officially row 12, but rows start at 6 in my section). It's like watching ants on the field. After sitting in the mezzanine and lower section for 25 years, it is a radical change. I don't like the view from the lower section behind the goal line, but I'm seriously considering going for the mezz PSL, which I have been opposed to from day one. My son says he like the perspective of seeing the whole field, but I hate it. I'd rather watch on TV.

Absolute boondoggle:

The ramps are an absolute joke. To get from the upper deck, you had to walk about 6 miles back and forth to get down, while people from the lower decks are also trying cram in. They had one escalator running for thousands of people and it was a massive crush. One worker said it was for safety reasons and another said that the escalator was broken. Simply put, if there was an emergency of any kind, hundreds of people will die in a stampede. We can no longer make fun of the insane design of Gillette Stadium, because we have apparently copied it. Give me the spirals and the escalator straight to each level. This is progress? Someone deserves to be flogged for this fiasco.

Where are the bigger, better bathrooms that Woody was crowing about? The bathrooms are small and had lines 6 deep inside and about 50-75 waiting outside. Disgraceful and woefully inadequate.

My seats suck balls. I am in the 6th row of the upper deck (officially row 12, but rows start at 6 in my section). It's like watching ants on the field. After sitting in the mezzanine and lower section for 25 years, it is a radical change. I don't like the view from the lower section behind the goal line, but I'm seriously considering going for the mezz PSL, which I have been opposed to from day one. My son says he like the perspective of seeing the whole field, but I hate it. I'd rather watch on TV.

Agree TV for me. I miss the old stadium.

Absolute boondoggle:

Craig there is no way you can sit up there. It is just brutal. The LL EZ is the best PSL value imo. The mezz sidelines are probably the best seats overall.

Absolute boondoggle:

They have enough poured concrete in those stupid tunnels to make another Hoover dam. and the bathrooms in the upper level! LMAO! what a joke! it was a lot more fun at the old stadium.

I didnt think I was going to like my first game at the new stadium but I was wrong. Had a great tailgate with Tony, Rusty and usual crew. Our seats were great... what a view of the play, the lines to the bathroom were short, the beer was cold and after the game I had no problem stumbling up the stairs and falling into bed! SCREW YOU WOODY and your new stadium and the lousy execution you dislayed on the field! Shotty your play calling sucks and is predictable even with all the tricky stuff before the snap of the ball. Thank god I did not buy a PSL

Archived