Please fire or demote Shotty, Thank You.

ECURB

Fire Shotty?  

113 members have voted

1. 1. Should the JETS fire or demote Shotty?

• Yes
    • No

Folks, lets not sugercoat this.

We have a Offensive side of the ball problem.

Our D has won games this year where because of low Offensive production most teams would have lost, if not for a great D.

Reasons?

All conjecture, but some of my thoughts.

Rhythm, or lack of it. The 2010 Jets dont seem to getting into a Offensive rhythm. Here I blame Schotty. If a D stacks up vs the pass, then pound and ground. I have always felt Schotty has this 'Oh, yo uwant me to do that, OK, I will fool you' mentality.

Well sometimes its good to go after what the D is showing you. You dont have to earn the mad scientist tag every week.

Sanchez having issues with Zone Coverage. Here I blame Sanchez and Schotty.

Its painfully obvious last 2 games that Mark has been hanging onto ball and dumping off alot. The zone is either confusing him or scaring him to point of being afraid of making a mistake. I also blame Schotty for not adjusting gameplan to go to pound and ground to force the opposing Ds to put more on D Line after run started to hopefully be effective.

Star Power WR Corps. OK, we have great WRs/TEs. But it seems Schotty feels pressure to get them involved. Well its football 101 that when the run game starts working, the WRs will loosen up and they will get their catches. When you have arguably the best OL in NFL, it seems odd not to feature the run game and force Ds to stop. For them to stop it will loosen up the zone coverage in pass game.

With out rungame, it seems we should be running on 1st down more than throwing.

We have been having too many 2nd and 10s. With out rungame the odds are high if we run on 1st down it will be 2nd and 7 or 6 in most cases, which makes for more choices on 2nd down.

Brad Smith needs to throw the ball once in awhile if the WildCat is to be effective.

Rex may need to reassert himself philisophically more like he did in 2009. They need to get the rhythm of the ground and pound established again. The Pass game will take care of itself if we do that.

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My memory is kinda foggy but I thought the last time they ran a play that involved a pass to Greene was week 1, after that he only came in on certain running plays. I just don't think Greene is used enough in the offense. Considering how awful the offense looked I think we need to get back to ground and pound a little to help Sanchez regain his composure.

What I'm trying to say that much of that is his fault. A starting level RB has more to do on the field than run the ball well, which he didn't even do yesterday.

After my senior year in HS one of the kids in my graduating class asked me to teach his brother how to pitch. His brother was somewhat talented...talented enough to play HS ball at least...so I decided to do it. I put this kid on a diet, I gave him some workouts to work on his core strength, threw a ton of long toss, tried to teach him to follow through his throws so he got proper extension, worked on spotting the ball to all quadrants, and all that little stuff. When we worked the kid looked good. He worked on using his body and legs better and basically, you saw conscious effort lead to positive results. I finally let him on the mound to throw to a couple friends and myself. He started off alright as I only made truly hard contact maybe twice...same for one of his friends, who he actually managed to strike out. One of my friends was an a$$hole about it, and decided to really swing the bat balls out. First pitch...rocked. OK cool...try again. 2nd pitch...rocked. 3rd pitch...rocked. Frustration started setting into my pupil, and mechanics started falling apart. He wanted to just blow it by my friend, who kept swinging away because there's no shot of this kid blowing it past him like that.

0-2 on job choices thus far.

What I hate about Shotty is his inability to call a bunch of short route plays where Sancheze just releases the ball fast. Stop being so conservative, those plays generate alot if the match is good (i.e. see Pats). He's always looking for the big play. How bout just convert on 3rd Down!

What I hate about Shotty is his inability to call a bunch of short route plays where Sancheze just releases the ball fast. Stop being so conservative, those plays generate alot if the match is good (i.e. see Pats). He's always looking for the big play. How bout just convert on 3rd Down!

Slant passes are a big part of this offense. Catching them hasn't been a big part of the WRs game this year.

He doesn't call them when they are most needed (to move the chains) and always seems to decide on a down the field play. Where is this ground and Pound?

I think its time for Rex to flex his philoshpy more strictly. Maybe Shotty thought Halloween was opposite day and though Rex meant pass when he said run.

Holmes catches a ball that is reeled in 99% of the time by a NFL WR and if our punter knows down and distance, this discussion for the most part does not even exist. Sanchez doesn't stare down Cotch (granted he was rolling out to the sideline) and sees a wide open Edward's also completely changes the game.

We would be saying how we found a way to win during a defensive battle. The Jets crapped the bed yesterday and all teams will have 1 or 2 of those games a year.

Holmes catches a ball that is reeled in 99% of the time by a NFL WR and if our punter knows down and distance, this discussion for the most part does not even exist. Sanchez doesn't stare down Cotch (granted he was rolling out to the sideline) and sees a wide open Edward's also completely changes the game.

We would be saying how we found a way to win during a defensive battle. The Jets crapped the bed yesterday and all teams will have 1 or 2 of those games a year.

Big plays don't HAVE to happen if the playcalling allows for infinite opportunities like all good playcalling allows. That's how offense works.

Know what's hacky? Insisting that pinning poor performances on coaching is dumb. That's hacky.

That's true. Problem is that insisting that Schottenheimer invent an offense that can be quarterbacked by a little Mexican girl, while original, isn't very practical. Dude's golfing without clubs here.

Big plays don't HAVE to happen if the playcalling allows for infinite opportunities like all good playcalling allows. That's how offense works.

Have to happen?? Those should have been automatic scores as well as the 31 yd completion that Sanchez threw at Edwards ankles. There are far better OC's than Schotty but yesterday was all about our skill players botching 95% of those "infinite" oppurtunities that are supposed to be available against a team that played a good defensive game. Schotty is not a top OC by any means but yesterday was all on the offense skill position players.

That's true. Problem is that insisting that Schottenheimer invent an offense that can be quarterbacked by a little Mexican girl, while original, isn't very practical. Dude's golfing without clubs here.

It's his 4th set of clubs. Dude still can't break 100 consistently and he's been at it for over 4 years.

Again, no it isn't. In the span of one year, with only 2 additions to a unit, you saw a defense go from being ranked 16th to 1st. Why do you think that is? Did the players on the field just up and decide to play better?

Yes, scheme did play apart in the improvements I'm sure. That said, offense is not defense and defenses do not rely on one single player (especially this D) like an offense does on it's QB.

Know what's hacky? Insisting that pinning poor performances on coaching is dumb. That's hacky.

Just on a common sense level it's not as hacky as pretending the players didn't f*ck up the last game and easily could have won it if they just made a play or two when they were in a position to do so...which they were in at least once or twice.

It's his 4th set of clubs. Dude still can't break 100 consistently and he's been at it for over 4 years.

For the 200th time ignore this question:

Which of those Chad Pennington, Kellen Clemens, rookie Mark Sanchez offenses underperformed?

The one time this offense had a legit game changing QB they started 8-3, and fnished 9th in points scored despite the QB sh*tting the bed the last 5 games of the season.

It would be one thing if people were complaining about, oh, I dunno, the fact that he killed the running game by telegraphing everything, lining up 2 TE/FB on nearly every run. But they're not. They're just making excuses for the fruit. Firing Schottenheimer doesn't even close the gap between Sanchez and whoever the second-worst quarterback in the world is.

It would be one thing if people were complaining about, oh, I dunno, the fact that he killed the running game by telegraphing everything, lining up 2 TE/FB on nearly every run. But they're not.

Sure they are. Not in regards to the running game but definitely in regards to the passing game.

They're just making excuses for the fruit. Firing Schottenheimer doesn't even close the gap between Sanchez and whoever the second-worst quarterback in the world is.

Sanchez has sucked balls the past 3 games, yet doing away with a guy that switches on the Corky Thatcher switch once the clock's winding down is most certainly a pretty large part of a possible solution. If there's one thing Jet fans should be experts at, it's spotting a sh*t coach. It's honestly not that hard to do. If a guy looks like he can't call, he probably can't. To be honest this entire debate is starting to remind me of the Mangini debates with Ray Ray's weekly infamous rants.

If there's one thing Jet fans should be experts at, it's spotting a sh*t coach. It's honestly not that hard to do. If a guy looks like he can't call, he probably can't. To be honest this entire debate is starting to remind me of the Mangini debates with Ray Ray's weekly infamous rants.

In all fairness, people like Ray Ray are the reason you can't trust most Jet fans to be experts about anything.

It would be one thing if people were complaining about, oh, I dunno, the fact that he killed the running game by telegraphing everything, lining up 2 TE/FB on nearly every run. But they're not. They're just making excuses for the fruit. Firing Schottenheimer doesn't even close the gap between Sanchez and whoever the second-worst quarterback in the world is.

LOL. You're DBAKE with 50 higher IQ points.

someone please insert one of those cool flash media inserts that shows buddy ryan trying to knock out Jeff Fisher on the sideline. That should be Rex going after Schottie yesterday. zero points gets you knocked the eff out on the sideline!!!!

someone please insert one of those cool flash media inserts that shows buddy ryan trying to knock out Jeff Fisher on the sideline. That should be Rex going after Schottie yesterday. zero points gets you knocked the eff out on the sideline!!!!

No, that would be Kevin Gilbride - the guy who has directed the Giants' offense to a top-10 ranking in each of the last 3 years.

I want to know who is the 11 that voted NO?

I voted No.

How does it make the team better? Its hard to call a game when your QB is teh suck.

I could see it now. The Jets fire Schotty, Callahan gets promoted, Sanchez throws 4 INT's in Callahan first game and we lose to Detroit, 27-0. It would be too perfect.

No, that would be Kevin Gilbride - the guy who has directed the Giants' offense to a top-10 ranking in each of the last 3 years.

ahhh yes, I knew it was one of those tennessee titan/houston oiler guys. You seem to be pretty good with attaching video to posts, go ahead and attach that clip for me. Thanks.

I voted No.

How does it make the team better? Its hard to call a game when your QB is teh suck.

I could see it now. The Jets fire Schotty, Callahan gets promoted, Sanchez throws 4 INT's in Callahan first game and we lose to Detroit, 27-0. It would be too perfect.

The option says fire or demote.

So what happens if they only demote him? ;)

I voted No.

Well if you have a crystal ball and thats what it says...great!

Otherwise Sanchez throwing 4 INT's under Callahan is just a figment of your imagination!

The reality is that Schotty has time and again come up short.

His play calling defies common sense.

Well if you have a crystal ball and thats what it says...great!

Otherwise Sanchez throwing 4 INT's under Callahan is just a figment of your imagination!

The reality is that Schotty has time and again come up short.

His play calling defies common sense.

Your inability to recognize sarcasm defies common sense.

...And they haven't gotten that? Thet team is 5-2 coming off a season they went to the AFC Championship game with a rookie QB and the coaching is the issue?

Still makes no sense.

Accept that they had a sh*tty game. It happens.

I have half a decade of proof that Shotty sucks.

Archived