Rex wants to simplify the Offense vs. Pats

VinnyPatrollie

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/news/story?id=5573158

Rex wants to simplify the O, but can it really get any more basic? I know he's partly talking about all the multiple shifts that Shotty seems to love, but really, how vanilla does it have to get to allow Mark to be confortable and proficient? Seems like if this guy is EVER going to be a competent NFL QB, it's time to let him play, win or lose, rather than reigning him in even further. Personally, as a rival fan I'm tickled pink the Jets FO failed to bring in a reasonable veteren backup and have to live or die with the Sanchize. By the time they realize he's just a better looking Matt Leinart the window of opportunity of this stacked team may have closed. It seems to me it best to find out what you have right now.

Rex wants to simplify the O, but can it really get any more basic? I know he's partly talking about all the multiple shifts that Shotty seems to love, but really, how vanilla does it have to get to allow Mark to be confortable and proficient? Seems like if this guy is EVER going to be a competent NFL QB, it's time to let him play, win or lose, rather than reigning him in even further. Personally, as a rival fan I'm tickled pink the Jets FO failed to bring in a reasonable veteren backup and have to live or die with the Sanchize. By the time they realize he's just a better looking Matt Leinart the window of opportunity of this stacked team may have closed. It seems to me it best to find out what you have right now.

You see, it would be this mat that you would put on the floor...and would have different conclusions written on it that you could jump to.

He probably means less motion...which was probably Schotty trying to compensate for Rex's "keep it so simple anyone can see it coming" philosophy...that doesn't work well against good defenses either Rex.

I just want to see the offense play well...Try to pummel the non-Wilfork part of the Pats DL with some runs...then pummel the Wilfork part of the DL with some runs...sprinkle in some Edwards ripping Butler/McCourty once in a while...try to fit in some short passes to Cotchery, Keller, and Edwards so that the Pats can't focus too much on the run...and hope that does the job.

Basically...do the same sh*t we would do if the offense could execute it.

Rex wants to simplify the O, but can it really get any more basic? I know he's partly talking about all the multiple shifts that Shotty seems to love, but really, how vanilla does it have to get to allow Mark to be confortable and proficient? Seems like if this guy is EVER going to be a competent NFL QB, it's time to let him play, win or lose, rather than reigning him in even further. Personally, as a rival fan I'm tickled pink the Jets FO failed to bring in a reasonable veteren backup and have to live or die with the Sanchize. By the time they realize he's just a better looking Gay Matt Leinart the window of opportunity of this stacked team may have closed. It seems to me it best to find out what you have right now.

Fixed.

First off, sanchez is notthing like Leinart.

Second off, i agree with the idea of letting sanchez prove himself. Let him air the ball out. Simplifying the offense is regressing.

Third off, any man who is "tickled pink", is a queer...

Its not just about making it easier for Sanchez.

There are clearly concentration problems that the unnecessary shifts and pre-snap wrinkles could be contributing to... for example, all the dropped passes and the 3 false start penalties by our veteran O-lineman AT HOME.

When your offense is getting multiple false starts at home, and its the veterans/probowlers doing it... there is something going wrong, very wrong.

Rex might be saying "simplify" but what I hope he means is "cutting out all the unnecessary dumb sh*t, that has us beating ourselves on every play."

He probably means less motion...which was probably Schotty trying to compensate for Rex's "keep it so simple anyone can see it coming" philosophy...that doesn't work well against good defenses either Rex.

I just want to see the offense play well...Try to pummel the non-Wilfork part of the Pats DL with some runs...then pummel the Wilfork part of the DL with some runs...sprinkle in some Edwards ripping Butler/McCourty once in a while...try to fit in some short passes to Cotchery, Keller, and Edwards so that the Pats can't focus too much on the run...and hope that does the job.

Basically...do the same sh*t we would do if the offense could execute it.

If it was "Schotty trying to compensate for Rex" then why did Schotty introduce these aspects of his offense 3 years before Rex was hired?

Is Sanchez going back to the red light-green light thingy? LMAO.....

If it was "Schotty trying to compensate for Rex" then why did Schotty introduce these aspects of his offense 3 years before Rex was hired?

Because Pennington was smart/experienced enough to run it as such?

Let me guess....Not at all, right?

Motion is part of many offenses...Experienced QBs and their offenses handle it...Our n00b and his gang did not for this one past game....treating these things as if they're new concepts our crazy coordinator is playing with while ruining us is dumb.

Wtf are you guys going to say when we run a no-huddle and Sanchez bombs there? It's Schotty's fault? Eventually you have to realize that these are the growing years of the team's young QB...shi*t like this will happen...and it's not because the coordinator is trying to confuse him with new things...if you look around the league top QBs do these things with ease....it's something Sanchez will have to deal with until he has it mastered.

Rex might be saying "simplify" but what I hope he means is "cutting out all the unnecessary dumb sh*t, that has us beating ourselves on every play."

No. What he means is 'here's a little no-content piece of ersatz football strategy so you retards can go fake like you have a clue what you're writing about.'

Believe it or not, we have one of the more complex offenses around because of all those shifts.

You just said that Schotty's pre-snap nonsense was folded into the offense because Schotty needed to do something to counter Rex's lets tell them what is coming philosophy. As if to imply Schotty had to do something to compensate for Rex.

I point out that you are wrong, because the pre-snap garbage has been part of the offense longer than Rex has been coach - and you randomly insinuate Pennington was smart enough to run the offense?

Pennington's ability to run the offense has nothing to do with the point I corrected you on. I don't expect you to acknowledge that though...

Wtf are you guys going to say when we run a no-huddle and Sanchez bombs there? It's Schotty's fault? Eventually you have to realize that these are the growing years of the team's young QB...shi*t like this will happen...and it's not because the coordinator is trying to confuse him with new things...if you look around the league top QBs do these things with ease....it's something Sanchez will have to deal with until he has it mastered.

Good edit.

I am not contesting that Sanchez has a long way to go. My point is, and has always been, that Sanchez will get there sooner with a different Offensive Coordinator.

Here's the thing... I feel that Sanchez has the potential to get much, much better under the right OC.

I feel that we've already seen the best of Schotty with Pennington and Favre... and it wasn't very good. So, that being the case, it makes no sense to me to draft a QB that has the potential to be great... and pair him with an OC that has only managed to be average with 2 very good QBs previously.

I do not think firing Schotty fixes everything, but I do think its a step towards faster growth for Sanchez and the rest of the offense.

You just said that Schotty's pre-snap nonsense was folded into the offense because Schotty needed to do something to counter Rex's lets tell them what is coming philosophy. As if to imply Schotty had to do something to compensate for Rex.

Dude...you can't run a 1950's running offense as a straight up 1950's running offense in 2010. Rex wants ball control and bruised opponents...The OL was unlikely to bruise the Ravens DL going into the game....that means we were not going to be controlling the ball too often...if you can't outmuscle someone like Rex clearly hopes to do on offense...then wtf else can you do? Move guys around so that you can set up a big passing play down field...There is a PURPOSE to moving guys around at the line of scrimmage.

I point out that you are wrong, because the pre-snap garbage has been part of the offense longer than Rex has been coach - and you randomly insinuate Pennington was smart enough to run the offense?

Um...did Pennington not run the offense with the moderate success that a guy like Pennington is capable of?

Pennington's ability to run the offense has nothing to do with the point I corrected you on. I don't expect you to acknowledge that though...

I think your point was too small for me to care. Also, I might have been saying that to get a reaction similar to the one you're giving. Maybe.

Good edit.

I am not contesting that Sanchez has a long way to go. My point is, and has always been, that Sanchez will get there sooner with a different Offensive Coordinator.

Here's the thing... I feel that Sanchez has the potential to get much, much better under the right OC.

I feel that we've already seen the best of Schotty with Pennington and Favre... and it wasn't very good. So, that being the case, it makes no sense to me to draft a QB that has the potential to be great... and pair him with an OC that has only managed to be average with 2 very good QBs previously.

I do not think firing Schotty fixes everything, but I do think its a step towards faster growth for Sanchez and the rest of the offense.

You feel that we've seen the best of Schottenheimer...then you go ahead and name the two QBs he DIDN'T go to the AFCCG with?

Ooooook. This is why your crowd with the Schotty hate makes no sense to me. Otherwise, I'd totally go out with you.

Dude...you can't run a 1950's running offense as a straight up 1950's running offense. Rex wants ball control and bruised opponents...The OL was unlikely to bruise the Ravens DL going into the game....that means we were not going to be controlling the ball too often...if you can't outmuscle someone like Rex clearly hopes to do on offense...then wtf else can you do? This is especially true since the Jets CAN NOT count on their QB to carry them anywhere....

Um...did Pennington not run the offense with the moderate success that a guy like Pennington is capable of?

I think your point was too small for me to care.

Also, I might have been saying that to get a reaction similar to the one you're giving. Maybe.

Hey, if "moderate success" is what you aspire to... :P

... and like clockwork, of course you say you are "doing this to get a reaction." Heh. Isn't that what everyone on the interwebz says when they try to back out of being wrong?

Hey, if "moderate success" is what you aspire to... :P

... and like clockwork, of course you say you are "doing this to get a reaction." Heh. Isn't that what everyone on the interwebz says when they try to back out of being wrong?

I'm not everyone. I'm SenorGato. I'm not wrong.

Like I said...gotta do something to modernize an offense that the boss wants run like it's still the 50's.

You feel that we've seen the best of Schottenheimer...then you go ahead and name the two QBs he DIDN'T go to the AFCCG with?

Ooooook. This is why your crowd with the Schotty hate makes no sense to me. Otherwise, I'd totally go out with you.

Heh.

The offense we ran on our run at the end of last year, was not the pure version of Schotty's offense. It was well documented in the press last year that Rex imposed his will on the offense, so the play calling philosophy and design heavily influenced by Rex.

It has also been well documented that Rex was backing off this year, and letting Schotty run with it again.

Seriously, as a football fan... you really didn't throw-up in your mouth a little when the Jets first offensive play of the season was a reverse to Braylon?

I'm not everyone. I'm SenorGato. I'm not wrong.

Like I said...gotta do something to modernize an offense that the boss wants run like it's still the 50's.

Like I said... Schotty's offense, with the pre-snap confusion, has been here since before Rex.

You can't be ******* serious insinuating that Schotty added these wrinkles to compensate for something Rex says to the press.

Haha... oh, man. You dipsh*t.

The offense we ran on our run at the end of last year, was not the pure version of Schotty's offense. It was well documented in the press last year that Rex imposed his will on the offense, so the play calling philosophy and design heavily influenced by Rex.

Yes yes...I heard...and not only that...it changed everything! Sure he wasn't calling the plays...sure he wasn't designing these ultra detailed game plans...sure most of what he did was tell Sanchez to stop throwing INTs every other throw...the Credit all goes to him...The Great Leader!

It has also been well documented that Rex was backing off this year, and letting Schotty run with it again.

Yes, and so far he's being judged on one game against the best D in the league. I don't have patience for garbage like that...except I do...because I keep getting drawn into these Schottenheimer talks.

Seriously, as a football fan... you really didn't throw-up in your mouth a little when the Jets first offensive play of the season was a reverse to Braylon?

It was a dumb playcall...but if we'd run and gotten stuffed you guys would call that a dumb play too...and if we'd gone deep and nothing happened or the Ravens were ready for it then you'd complain about that...If we'd have won you wouldn't even remember...and if you did remember it wouldn't be the sign of the apocalypse that you portray it as.

You really think Rex sat there last year, went through the offensive playbook, and told Schottenheimer what plays not to call? Because I mean I have an ancient Elven ring I was planning to put on the market, but a guy like you might come up with better uses if you're willing to pay the slightly reduced price I'm willing to give you.

Motion is part of many offenses...Experienced QBs and their offenses handle it...Our n00b and his gang did not for this one past game....treating these things as if they're new concepts our crazy coordinator is playing with while ruining us is dumb.

We had to change the offense when Brett was the QB because he didn't like all the shifts either ;)

Dude...you can't run a 1950's running offense as a straight up 1950's running offense in 2010. Rex wants ball control and bruised opponents...The OL was unlikely to bruise the Ravens DL going into the game....that means we were not going to be controlling the ball too often...if you can't outmuscle someone like Rex clearly hopes to do on offense...then wtf else can you do? Move guys around so that you can set up a big passing play down field...There is a PURPOSE to moving guys around at the line of scrimmage.

Having a guy in motion or an occasional mixing it up mid-snap-count is one thing. This is just stupid. It's designed to fool people and it isn't fooling anyone. All the defense has to do is show blitz and Sanchez will audible. The pre-snap motion of the defense is fooling our offense a hell of a lot more than the other way around.

I'd rather have these guys work on running crisper routes and be more creative in other ways than practicing and memorizing the excessive, faggoty pre-snap dance steps. The penalties and mental errors and easy drops suggest it's confusing our own players more than the defense.

Having a guy in motion or an occasional mixing it up mid-snap-count is one thing. This is just stupid. It's designed to fool people and it isn't fooling anyone. All the defense has to do is show blitz and Sanchez will audible. The pre-snap motion of the defense is fooling our offense a hell of a lot more than the other way around.

I'd rather have these guys work on running crisper routes and be more creative in other ways than practicing and memorizing the excessive, faggoty pre-snap dance steps. The penalties and mental errors and easy drops suggest it's confusing our own players more than the defense.

In other words, you're hoping the Jets improve on their post-snap activities because their pre-snap doesn't help post-snap.

There's your problem right there...Sanchez isn't very good right now.

You guys want the reigns taken off of him, no? Then let the motion be.

Also...believe it or not...they're probably working on running crisper routes AND those pre-snap motions...An offense needs pre-snap motions against a really good D...that's how you throw them off and force them to show coverages and all that...It's going to be there...I suggest you get over it and let them work.

When Sanchez can execute the offense then all this whining will cease...not anytime sooner. Handing around blame as cheaply as you guys do is part of why this organization had to do so much just to be taken seriously just by their fanbase...Now they're working on the rest of the league.

Brett Favre is a Grade A douchebag.

Pot, kettle.

I can appreciate the "contrarian" routine to an extent. Now you are just being a jackass, and not in the "shenanigans" capacity, but in the "something tells me this guy got swirlies in high school" sorta way.

An offense needs pre-snap motions against a really good D...that's how you throw them off and force them to show coverages and all that...It's going to be there...I suggest you get over it and let them work.

The ultimate reason offensive teams shift and go into motion is to exploit a weakness the QB sees after all the movement.

Payton Manning is the master at this.

Unfortunately for Sanchez, he is not at that level yet and all that movement has hurt the Jets more than help them.

Pot, kettle.

I can appreciate the "contrarian" routine to an extent. Now you are just being a jackass, and not in the "shenanigans" capacity, but in the "something tells me this guy got swirlies in high school" sorta way.

Excellent story chap.

Now I just have one observation to make from that story:

u-mad___camron.jpg

You keep ignoring the big picture of what I'm saying so you can have these moments. I enjoy them too.

Archived