Brian Schottenheimer?

s dubb

Jury is still out. He knows what he had to do differently today, and he knows it worked. I bet he's pissed he couldn't run his system of "fake them out by looking like it's just a run --- then double-fake them by actually running".

Next week, will he double-fake everyone by running all day? That would be genius!

This strategy goes back to the 1800's, and civil war General Mortimer Shottenheimer. In his last battle, he took away the troops' muskets and sent them in with slingshots. His last word were "Corporal, the enemy sees our slingshots, knows it's a trick, and instead is getting their muskets. But what they don't realize is we ONLY have slings.." thump.

Yesterday showed that he can get it done. He is not the complete idiot that I thought he was. The problem that still remains is his apparent ultra conservative nature. Was yesterday a turning point? Will he open things up more consistently going forward? If he does, he can be an asset. If he reverts back at times or even more often, he will cost games and maybe the season. My gut says he will revert back. I hope I am wrong.

I think he's been good all season.

Irish, you are kidding, right? Against the Ravens, two passes on first down in the first 58 minutes of the game? Passes to a 40 year old FB and Shonn "edward scissorhands" Greene on third and long? Virtually no downfield passes over the middle when the HOF free safety is injured and out of the game? That may have been the worst performance by an offensive coordinator I have ever seen.

Irish, you are kidding, right? Against the Ravens, two passes on first down in the first 58 minutes of the game? Passes to a 40 year old FB and Shonn "edward scissorhands" Greene on third and long? Virtually no downfield passes over the middle when the HOF free safety is injured and out of the game? That may have been the worst performance by an offensive coordinator I have ever seen.

The performance this week makes last week's performance look even worse. This week the Jets took advantage of the weak point in the d-backfield in Butler, last week we played a team with weaknesses all over the secondary and couldn't throw the ball more than five yards.

Clearly the jury on this guy is still out. I'm hoping they're all gaining trust in Sanchez (including Sanchez himself) and that they're willing and able to continue throwing the football.

If anything, this week's performance will prevent teams from stacking 8 in the box to open up the game... Sanchez yesterday proved he can throw over (and around) that. So the running game might be there at the beginning of the game now. Also, with the amount of times we used Play Action in short yardage situations yesterday, defenses will have to account for that as well, even in tight formations.

My gu says LT and Greene are in for some big #s next week.. And Sanchez has a mediocre game (something like 12 or 13 completions for 120ish yards and maybe a TD)

We also should have some fun defensively.

My early prediction is:

Jets 17

Dolphins 7

Nope, it was the gameplan, the gameplan was to not let the Ravens turnover filled defense get turnovers, which should have worked if not for stupid mistakes.

If not for some crazy, amateur like mistakes that gameplan works a charm without EVER risking the game through Sanchez turnovers, which if you remember killed us last season.

The gameplan worked, the execution did not. The players stupidity and indiscipline killed us. Simplz.

I'm Schotty's biggest hater, but he's been spot on this season.

I think Sanchez's press conference after the game said it all. Last game they were over analyzing everything. Schotty was trying to call the best play every single down and failed miserably. They took the handcuffs off and what do you know? 21/30 3 td and the biggest stat of all...ZERO INT'S!! Looked awesome yesterday and I love the 3rd and goal PASS call, I couldnt believe it!

Nope, it was the gameplan, the gameplan was to not let the Ravens turnover filled defense get turnovers, which should have worked if not for stupid mistakes.

If not for some crazy, amateur like mistakes that gameplan works a charm without EVER risking the game through Sanchez turnovers, which if you remember killed us last season.

The gameplan worked, the execution did not. The players stupidity and indiscipline killed us. Simplz.

I'm Schotty's biggest hater, but he's been spot on this season.

In theory, that could be a good argument. But that "turnover filled defense" was missing its turnover king - Ed Reed - and a starting CB. This game plan was probably devised in July. Things change and a coordinator has to make adjustments. Sometimes during a game - GOD forbid. He had more than a week to know about the Ravens definite injuries.

In theory, that could be a good argument. But that "turnover filled defense" was missing its turnover king - Ed Reed - and a starting CB. This game plan was probably devised in July. Things change and a coordinator has to make adjustments. Sometimes during a game - GOD forbid. He had more than a week to know about the Ravens definite injuries.

That game plan had Rex Ryans finger prints all over it. He wanted a close brawl and he got it. It was an undesciplined brawl and we made a ton of errors with that macho BS approach.

Against the Pats points matter, descipline matters and the team reflected that mind set.

The performance this week makes last week's performance look even worse. This week the Jets took advantage of the weak point in the d-backfield in Butler, last week we played a team with weaknesses all over the secondary and couldn't throw the ball more than five yards.

Clearly the jury on this guy is still out. I'm hoping they're all gaining trust in Sanchez (including Sanchez himself) and that they're willing and able to continue throwing the football.

That is what a coordinator is supposed to do. Take advantages of weaknesses. He finally did it.

The fact was that we were playing to beat the Ravens by a point. It's easy to say they were missing Ed Reed but still look at the pressure they were getting on Sanchez when he was taking his time. Long developing plays could have caused sacks/fumbles/INT's and even an injury.

We were NEVER going to need 20+ points to win that game, it was all about making sure we didn't kill ourselves. Schotty/Rex etc removed the most likely culprit in that regard (At least judging by last year and pre-season) and put the game in the hands of others, the players who are supposed to be the strength of this team. That gameplan should have won the game. It didn't because guys like Greene, Edwards, Keller and Wilson make some of the most inexcusable errors, it was almost comical at times.

The execution killed us. If Wilson doesn't make that mistake and we win that game by a FG or a TD no one would have given a sh*t. 1-0 was the goal, not 27-10. It SHOULD have worked, and I can't empahasise that enough.

That game plan had Rex Ryans finger prints all over it. He wanted a close brawl and he got it. It was an undesciplined brawl and we made a ton of errors with that macho BS approach.

Against the Pats points matter, descipline matters and the team reflected that mind set.

I think you are right. The Jets had their game plan done for this game as soon as the schedule was announced. The fact that Reed and a starting CB were out had no impact on their thinking.

That is what a coordinator is supposed to do. Take advantages of weaknesses. He finally did it.

Okay this post was longer when I went to qoute it but whatever, I think you said something along the lines of the Pats being no worse than the Ravens in the secondary.

Maybe, but their front 7 is up there with the very best and YOU KNOW that you're going up against Tom Brady and an explosive offense when playing the Pats, not Flacco and the Ravens.

It was a game we should have won and if we played the Ravens in the playoffs, I'd say a very similar gameplan would work. Sanchez hit one of his only shots and it was called back for a ridonkulous play by Keller, we get the 4 yards for the TD there and we win. Simple.

Couldn't have said it better Slats.

The fact was that we were playing to beat the Ravens by a point. It's easy to say they were missing Ed Reed but still look at the pressure they were getting on Sanchez when he was taking his time. Long developing plays could have caused sacks/fumbles/INT's and even an injury.

We were NEVER going to need 20+ points to win that game, it was all about making sure we didn't kill ourselves. Schotty/Rex etc removed the most likely culprit in that regard (At least judging by last year and pre-season) and put the game in the hands of others, the players who are supposed to be the strength of this team. That gameplan should have won the game. It didn't because guys like Greene, Edwards, Keller and Wilson make some of the most inexcusable errors, it was almost comical at times.

The execution killed us. If Wilson doesn't make that mistake and we win that game by a FG or a TD no one would have given a sh*t. 1-0 was the goal, not 27-10. It SHOULD have worked, and I can't empahasise that enough.

That's not how you should be playing football. That's playing not to lose, not playing to win. Even if the Jets pulled it off, Sanchez' <50%, <100 yard passing performance would've raised a bunch of red flags.

The Jets should've won that game despite the majority of the offense's ineptitude because the defense and the special teams played lights out! If the team hadn't gotten four takeaways, or the punt team hadn't pinned them inside the five a couple times, the Jets get crushed with that offensive game plan. That game was not close because of that game plan. No way. It was close because the rest of the team kept it close. That was a plan destined for failure, and the lack of execution just helped it along.

Penalties, fumbles - Jets were hurt by a lot of things in that game. The offensive plan was one of them.

Okay this post was longer when I went to qoute it but whatever, I think you said something along the lines of the Pats being no worse than the Ravens in the secondary.

Maybe, but their front 7 is up there with the very best and YOU KNOW that you're going up against Tom Brady and an explosive offense when playing the Pats, not Flacco and the Ravens.

It was a game we should have won and if we played the Ravens in the playoffs, I'd say a very similar gameplan would work. Sanchez hit one of his only shots and it was called back for a ridonkulous play by Keller, we get the 4 yards for the TD there and we win. Simple.

I am sorry. I misread your original point and thought you were saying the opposite. But like I was going to say, I don't care who you are playing, unless you are pounding the crap out of someone with your running game and are up by a couple of scores, throwing two passes on first down in the first 58 minutes of a game is absurd.

You know what guys. The guy "manned up" last week, he said a lot of it was his fault. We came out this week relaxed and poised. Schotty will probably be up and down all season but one things for sure. He rebounded nicely against the Patriots in a must win game.

You know what guys. The guy "manned up" last week, he said a lot of it was his fault. We came out this week relaxed and poised. Schotty will probably be up and down all season but one things for sure. He rebounded nicely against the Patriots in a must win game.

Absolutely. I especially liked the pass on third and goal to Keller and the run on 4th and inches at the end of the game. Play to win.

Absolutely. I especially liked the pass on third and goal to Keller and the run on 4th and inches at the end of the game. Play to win.

I'm also very glad he didn't get all conservative after being ahead by 1 T.D. Rex and Schotty came with it all game. Then some good ole ground and run the b*tch down your throat for the WIN football to close things out.

Archived