Eric Smith: Rex's Goon

SoFlaJets

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Me and Max have been plotting Hess Station's downfall for over a year now-it was an elaborate trap that was set and timed out to perfection-he finally took the bait and WE RUINED HIM FOREVER. He is now one of "those guys" who will be forever labled with the tag "well I played sports so 'I' know best". Max doesn't pay me the big bucks for nuthin'. Now I need to change my profile (if I could figure out how) to SFJ: "Max's Goon"

And you know how much I hate "those guys"! All my life "that guy" has plagued me. In fact there he was tonight at the gym. The double looks in the mirror i-pod blasting dancing to himself, OOOOOOH smile and nod to the ladies playa, you OWN this place. God how I hate "that guy". Sigh, but being part of this group in any way shape or form will now transform me. As I will forever wear this Scarlet D on my chest I will forever say to myself, "God, I am awesome" everytime I look in the mirror...Hess Station=Awesome.

And you know how much I hate "those guys"! All my life "that guy" has plagued me. In fact there he was tonight at the gym. The double looks in the mirror i-pod blasting dancing to himself, OOOOOOH smile and nod to the ladies playa, you OWN this place. God how I hate "that guy". Sigh, but being part of this group in any way shape or form will now transform me. As I will forever wear this Scarlet D on my chest I will forever say to myself, "God, I am awesome" everytime I look in the mirror...Hess Station=Awesome.

LMAO

signed,

Max's Goon

If they were intentionally trying to hurt Welker, you would see them lighting him up when he was run blocking or running crossing routes without the ball. Do you guys remember Andre Waters? That was a guy who tried to hurt people, especially off the ball. What Smith did was get his forearms up too high on a dude who is 5'5" tall.

Remember Stan Blinka driving a forearm to John Jefferson's (then on the Packers) head as he ran a crossing pattern in front of him? They weren't even throwing the ball to the guy and they ended up carrying him off the field. Good times.

You don't need talent to be a goon, that's the point. The goon is a player you can afford to lose. And on a side note, Eric Smith makes up for a lot of his deficiencies by simply laying the wood and outworking the other guy. He's the man.

You need to be talented enough to throw a cheap shot on purpose, and frankly I don't think Smith is in that league.

Remember Stan Blinka driving a forearm to John Jefferson's (then on the Packers) head as he ran a crossing pattern in front of him? They weren't even throwing the ball to the guy and they ended up carrying him off the field. Good times.

Stan Blinka-now THAT'S a name I hadn't heard in a generation.

Archived