Eric Smith: Rex's Goon

SoFlaJets

SFJ read your edit, I'm just disagreeing w/ you, don't turn this into me thinking I'm great bc I playing freaking d3 football, hence why I made a point to say that, I said it bc you started with the bravado"you never played" bullsh*t. I was only making a point, not sticking out my own chest, like you were. With that said, I was disagreeing with you, was not meaning any disrespect. Sometimes I yell on this site as if I'm yelling w/ friends. Don't take it so peronal. And PLEASE don't think I'm in turn thinking I can brag about playing d3 football, I wasn't, just answering the question I HATE the most on this board which it the "did you ever play" bs. We're all fans and deserve our own opinions, none better than the next. Again, sorry you took it personal.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SFJ read your edit, I'm just disagreeing w/ you, don't turn this into me thinking I'm great bc I playing freaking d3 football, hence why I made a point to say that, I said it bc you started with the bravado"you never played" bullsh*t. I was only making a point, not sticking out my own chest, like you were. With that said, I was disagreeing with you, was not meaning any disrespect. Sometimes I yell on this site as if I'm yelling w/ friends. Don't take it so peronal. And PLEASE don't think I'm in turn thinking I can brag about playing d3 football, I wasn't, just answering the question I HATE the most on this board which it the "did you ever play" bs. We're all fans and deserve our own opinions, none better than the next. Again, sorry you took it personal.

so what if you played DIII football?

Now I hate hockey and haven't actually watched a hockey game since The Miracle On Ice in 1980 but I know how in the 70's The Flyers would always have a guy they would send in there to beat the sh*t out of somebody-usually the guy who was doing the most damage. Rex had to quietly tell Eric Smith to "hit that little ****er Welker" in the head. He was on Queer Street the rest of the game.

Eric Smith sent a message. Penalty was justified. If you think Welker is going to come across the middle all f*ckin game then you got another thing coming. Rex did a great job is smothering that little f*cker.

It was pure awesomeness! Now we still have unfinished business. I want the SWEEP!

If they were intentionally trying to hurt Welker, you would see them lighting him up when he was run blocking or running crossing routes without the ball. Do you guys remember Andre Waters? That was a guy who tried to hurt people, especially off the ball. What Smith did was get his forearms up too high on a dude who is 5'5" tall.

so what if you played DIII football?

You're 100% right. He asked. I should have just shut my mouth. My bad. Because it means absolutley nothing I agree. It was a pissing match and I took the bait. I just can't stand when people go with the "you never played so let me tell how it really is." I HATE THAT. I'm the last person to care, I was only trying to make a point and defending myself and others who always get that bs. Was NOT bragging bc there is NOTHING to brag about. I'm the douche I get it and deserved.

And I was making the point against myself as in, nope not DI or DII, but D3. Just another slow white kid.

You're 100% right. He asked. I should have just shut my mouth. My bad. Because it means absolutley nothing I agree. It was a pissing match and I took the bait. I just can't stand when people go with the "you never played so let me tell how it really is." I HATE THAT. I'm the last person to care, I was only trying to make a point and defending myself and others who always get that bs. Was NOT bragging bc there is NOTHING to brag about. I'm the douche I get it and deserved.

And I was making the point against myself as in, nope not DI or DII, but D3. Just another slow white kid.

Dude, you said it like 10 times, I was just busting balls.

Eric Smith isn't talented enough to be a goon.

You don't need talent to be a goon, that's the point. The goon is a player you can afford to lose. And on a side note, Eric Smith makes up for a lot of his deficiencies by simply laying the wood and outworking the other guy. He's the man.

Tbh this thread is depressing. Are you ******* serious right now? If we are talking cheap hit to knock players out of the game you need serious ******* help.

There is NO WAY Smith is trying to do anything other than lay an extremely hard, LEGAL hit on an extremely good WR.

Anqoun Boldin says, "Whatever Biitch."

You never wanna see someone seriously injured, but this is football and you want to beat the other team up, that is how you win games. Beat the other team into submission until they can't stop you anymore. Aint nothin wrong with roughin welker up as long as it isn't blatantly dirty, and Smith's hit was not dirty at all, he finished the hit he was going to give welker if he caught the ball or not. Welker was a bit over dramatic, I think he was penalty fishing. He was tossing and turning on the ground like he was luke skywalker getting electrocuted by the emperor. lol.

Me and Max have been plotting Hess Station's downfall for over a year now-it was an elaborate trap that was set and timed out to perfection-he finally took the bait and WE RUINED HIM FOREVER. He is now one of "those guys" who will be forever labled with the tag "well I played sports so 'I' know best". Max doesn't pay me the big bucks for nuthin'. Now I need to change my profile (if I could figure out how) to SFJ: "Max's Goon"

Now I hate hockey and haven't actually watched a hockey game since The Miracle On Ice in 1980 but I know how in the 70's The Flyers would always have a guy they would send in there to beat the sh*t out of somebody-usually the guy who was doing the most damage. Rex had to quietly tell Eric Smith to "hit that little ****er Welker" in the head. He was on Queer Street the rest of the game.

I feel you. Hopefully its not on a down in which the penalty keeps their drive alive and gives them 7 points (caught by Welker mind you) because we want to pound chest instead of receiving punts.

Archived