Put Cromartie On Brandon Marshall

SoFlaJets

Cromartie excelled yesterday in the "Revis spot" that he worked at all training camp yesterday. He's tall and has that unreal reach and if Revis even plays I think it's still a better match up. Look, Marshall will catch his 6-8 balls for 50 yards anyway but with Revis battling that hamstring Cro will limit his effectiveness-I have total faith in him taking over against any team's #1 WR especially after watching him on Moss yesterday

I honestly was goint to start a thread similar to this. You are one smart guy, Jimmy. I love this matchup. I feel like Cromartie is getting a better feel of this defense. Let's not forget, he played a complete different one in San Diego. He's starting to look really good out there.

I say we sit Revis out until he is 100% healthy. NO WAY we take the risk. Our next games are Miami (Brandon Marshall), Vikings (Berrian/Harvin), Buffalo (Lee Evans) and then Denver (Eddie Royal). After that we have a bye. There really is no legit #1 besides Marshall. Am I right? I can't see us taking this risk.

I honestly was goint to start a thread similar to this. You are one smart guy, Jimmy. I love this matchup. I feel like Cromartie is getting a better feel of this defense. Let's not forget, he played a complete different one in San Diego. He's starting to look really good out there.

I say we sit Revis out until he is 100% healthy. NO WAY we take the risk. Our next games are Miami (Brandon Marshall), Vikings (Berrian/Harvin), Buffalo (Lee Evans) and then Denver (Eddie Royal). After that we have a bye. There really is no legit #1 besides Marshall. Am I right? I can't see us taking this risk.

and Cromartie is actually a BETTER matchup against Marshall with his height advantage over Revis. Marshall rarely goes deep so let Cro smother him and force Henne to either try and sneak them in there he's NOT that good or try and go high-Antoinio has friggin monkey arms reach-this is our best matchup and Wilson on Bess is also a good Jets matchup. Again Ghost Antonio Cromartie worked all summer playing that very position that he had to fill in for Revis and by every account I read was a shut down status performer

and Cromartie is actually a BETTER matchup against Marshall with his height advantage over Revis. Marshall rarely goes deep so let Cro smother him and force Henne to either try and sneak them in there he's NOT that good or try and go high-Antoinio has friggin monkey arms reach-this is our best matchup and Wilson on Bess is also a good Jets matchup. Again Ghost Antonio Cromartie worked all summer playing that very position that he had to fill in for Revis and by every account I read was a shut down status performer

It's funny how things change. Just last week we were worried about what's going to happen all season. We beat the Pats and then we go face Miami. If we win against them, we'll be in the lead in the AFC EAST and will be 2-0 without playing Buffalo yet.

It's funny how things change. Just last week we were worried about what's going to happen all season. We beat the Pats and then we go face Miami. If we win against them, we'll be in the lead in the AFC EAST and will be 2-0 without playing Buffalo yet.

I wasn't worried Ghost-i was the guy who got told to take off my green colored glassed and that Denial isn't a only river in Egypt when I posted my "It's Only One Game" thread

You guys are so wrong wrong wrong!

Marshall set that record for catches in a game ON Antonio Cromartie. Cro isn't good against tall, long armed WR's like Moss, he's good against straight line runners, one dimensional players like Moss who like Cro rely on speed.

Marshall will **** Cro up with hook routes, he'll juke him out, break his tackles and just destroy him after the catch. It would be FUGLY!

Of course, Cromartie is going to be on Marshall. Cro does well against tall WRs like him. Revis plays tall & short receivers well. A guy like Welker & Steve Smith would eat Cro up.

wait SMC-all off season we sat here arguing with every single Dolphins fan about "wait until Marshall has to go to Revis Island" it was a forgone conclusion that it would be Revis all along-it still may be too...Revis on a guy who runs those shorter routes suits him to a "T"

You guys are so wrong wrong wrong!

Marshall set that record for catches in a game ON Antonio Cromartie. Cro isn't good against tall, long armed WR's like Moss, he's good against straight line runners, one dimensional players who like Cro rely on speed.

Marshall will **** Cro up with hook routes, he's juke him out, break his tackles and just destroy him after the catch. It would be FUGLY!

it wasn't a Rex Ryan style man up defense though IJ...but you are right. Does anybody else think that Cromartie needs to have somebody tell him what size spikes to wear? I mean he's slipping and sliding all over the place

Cromartie is a terrible matchup on Marshall.

Cro's a good guy to put on a tall deep threat like Moss. Cro actually has a good history going against Moss. But Marshall is a physical player, and Cro just simply is not. This is a dream matchup for Revis, who absolutely excels against these over-hyped possession receivers. Revis jams the line, disrupts patterns, blankets in small space, and tackles soundly when a catch is made. Cro gives space, and tackles poorly.

If Revis can't go, I think the Jets would largely have to be like every other team in the league and double-team Marshall. I'd be inclined to put Wilson on him -at least he's physical- with a heavy dose of safety help. Have Cro kinda float between Fasano and Bess.

Cromartie is a terrible matchup on Marshall.

Cro's a good guy to put on a tall deep threat like Moss. Cro actually has a good history going against Moss. But Marshall is a physical player, and Cro just simply is not. This is a dream matchup for Revis, who absolutely excels against these over-hyped possession receivers. Revis jams the line, disrupts patterns, blankets in small space, and tackles soundly when a catch is made. Cro gives space, and tackles poorly.

If Revis can't go, I think the Jets would largely have to be like every other team in the league and double-team Marshall. I'd be inclined to put Wilson on him -at least he's physical- with a heavy dose of safety help. Have Cro kinda float between Fasano and Bess.

This.

Cro is very familiar with him. Marshall lit Cro up once, really bad with Cutler, but most of the times Cro wins this battle.

The only issue I have with Cro is that he doesnt tackle and B Marsh as overrated as he is, is hard to tackle.

Either way, we might not have a choice. We'll see if the Diva is ready to go for Sunday Night.

Cro is very familiar with him. Marshall lit Cro up once, really bad with Cutler, but most of the times Cro wins this battle.

The only issue I have with Cro is that he doesnt tackle and B Marsh as overrated as he is, is hard to tackle.

Either way, we might not have a choice. We'll see if the Diva is ready to go for Sunday Night.

yea he lit him up playing that cover 2 crap that Herm used to play-Rex don't play that crap

yea and so much for the whole "The Jets can NOT win without Revis" argument we heard all summer TBJ

That was always a joke! Last night was just further proof, that teams win not players.

Sure we can win, but Revis is the guy they paid/pay all this money to, to cover guys like Marshall.

Sucks that his holdout is going to effect that.

That was always a joke! Last night was just further proof, that teams win not players.

Sure we can win, but Revis is the guy they paid/pay all this money to, to cover guys like Marshall.

Sucks that his holdout is going to effect that.

yea and THAT'S what really sucks bro-this is a direct result OF the holdout-not being in game shape. I'm not ready to write him off yet though for Sunday-we'll get a cleared picture today. What the Jets should never had done though is let him practice after it first tweaked-what were they thinking?

yea and THAT'S what really sucks bro-this is a direct result OF the holdout-not being in game shape. I'm not ready to write him off yet though for Sunday-we'll get a cleared picture today. What the Jets should never had done though is let him practice after it first tweaked-what were they thinking?

He probably needed the practice though, he might have tightened up quicker without it.

I don't know for sure about that, but even if he plays, he's not going to be 100%.

Let me just kill the 75% of Revis is better than all the CB's in the league theory with this instead of Looney Tune clips.

100% of Revis is better than 75% of Revis, he should have been in camp!

If Revis is not 100%, put his a$$ on the bench for a game or two till he is back at full strength. Moss made Revis look real bad before he caught that td. He raised his hand to Brady cuz he knew he had Revis beat. It was a great catch, but he still had him beat. If Revis plays like that against Marshall, he'll get torn up. So, i say bench him till he is 100%

Lets put Cromartie on Marshall. Yes, Cromartie never fared well against Marshall but things were much different.

1) Marshall had Jay Cutler throwing the ball to him

2) Cromartie was playing off the reciever in a zone pckg and allowing marshall 3-5 yrds off seperation.

I say we put Cromartie on Marshall and slide jim leonhard to marshalls side of the field. Not a double coverage package, but more of a safety measure. All Cromartie would have to do is slow him up. Cuz if jim leonhard gets to full steam and lands a hit, its gonna either kill marshall or severely injure him. Leonhard hits like a truck and rarely slips tackles.

I

Just hope and pray that the Dolphins run the wildcat a ton, Leonhard and Poole are playing over the top and there's guys in Henne's face all day. Cromartie is AWFUL against Marshall because he is not physical and doesn't knock him off his routes. Randy Moss was a guy he can keep up with and are very similiar players. Marshall is slower but more physical and isn't afraid to go over the middle and attack passes. IMO I think I'm happier with Wilson on him to showcase his goods, since Wilson is way more of a physical bump and run guy.

Jets Will Survive Without Revis

By Steiny on 20. Sep, 2010

The primary reason to think Revis can be effectively replaced is that even without him, New York has one of the most talented secondaries in the NFL. This was true in 2009 when the Jets were the only team in the league to have three cornerbacks (Revis, Dwight Lowery and Lito Sheppard) place in the top 20 in the cornerback YPA metric. Now they did let go of Sheppard but they replaced him with Antonio Cromartie and added Kyle Wilson in the first round of the draft. Cromartie has been beaten on occasion this year but his 6.7 YPA so far in 2010 is within a yard of what would normally qualify as a top 20 ranking in that metric at the end of the season. Wilson has also struggled at times but his performance against the Patriots (15 yards allowed on four pass attempts) could very well be a sign that he is getting over his rookie blues.

Hey but he got a new deal like the Jets said he would, yay!

That's a fantastic point! LOL I would feel much better with him making comments like that.

I would rather Cro have a great year and we'll deal with it at the end of the season than having him suck like sheppard did last year.

According to Dolphins fans on PFT, Vontae Davis is the best CB in the NFl and is better than Revis :mellow: :mellow: :mellow: :mellow:

A guy at my work came up to me and said all the Vikings WR's were stuck on "Davis Island"... I just shook my head and walked away before i got fired for doing sumin stupid lol

Archived