Put Cromartie On Brandon Marshall

SoFlaJets

A guy at my work came up to me and said all the Vikings WR's were stuck on "Davis Island"... I just shook my head and walked away before i got fired for doing sumin stupid lol

Greg Camarillo and Bernard Berrian.

Hold on....

wait......

pause......

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH HAHAHH HAH HAHAHHAHA HAHAHAHAHA!

Cromartie excelled yesterday in the "Revis spot" that he worked at all training camp yesterday. He's tall and has that unreal reach and if Revis even plays I think it's still a better match up. Look, Marshall will catch his 6-8 balls for 50 yards anyway but with Revis battling that hamstring Cro will limit his effectiveness-I have total faith in him taking over against any team's #1 WR especially after watching him on Moss yesterday

I am too busy to do the research, but they both played in the same division for a while and from what I heard Marshall would own Cro. Like I said, just what I have read, didn't really follow that division well enough to know the history.

I love how in the first half of last game 99% of this board was talkin all types of sh*t on cromartie, but now hes amazing again lets put him on Brandon Marshall yeah!! LOL

But seriously Cromartie on Marshall is a good matchup but no matchup is better than Revis on Marshall or Revis on anyone for the matter. With revis holding out and now playing the injury card its easy to quickly turn against him. The fact of the matter is Revis is the best CB in football regardless and Cromartie and Revis is the best CB combo in the NFL. The more Cromartie plays and adjusts to the system the more he will be able to use all his athleticism and ballhawking skills. Our defense is the best and hopefully our offense rises to the level they played at yesterday so we can win a mother ****in superbowl! Jets all day!

Ok, put Cro on Marshall and give him Safety help, Marshall isnt going to have a game like welker did @ foxboro last year.

None of the Dolphins receiving threats scare me besides Marshall. if you remember, last season in game 2 we held the phins to 108 total yards but due to our retarded special teams and butter fingers greene we lost. But the good news is that Ted Ginn isn't there to save the dolphins this year nor is jason taylor there to have a fumble return TD.

We didn't blitz alot against the pats because the patriots have so many weapons blitzing would be suicide, but this week expect Rex to blitz over and over again not letting brandon marshall get down field and forcing henne to throw quickly. Our run defense has been absurdly good; Ray Rice was invisible in the opener even with jenkins out for virtually the entire game. The dolphins managed only 13 pts against THE BILLS (intentional safety gave them 2) and their offense only got them 7 against the vikings (7 on a defensive score) I dont expect them to score more than the patriots did which was 14.

I don't think this a good matchup, Marshall has abused Cromartie in the past and the Phins will be looking for him more because of Revis being out. A couple of PI's on Cromartie and it can be a disaster IMO. This will be a huge for Cromartie and this defense, Phins are a tough team.

You guys are so wrong wrong wrong!

Marshall set that record for catches in a game ON Antonio Cromartie. Cro isn't good against tall, long armed WR's like Moss, he's good against straight line runners, one dimensional players like Moss who like Cro rely on speed.

Marshall will **** Cro up with hook routes, he'll juke him out, break his tackles and just destroy him after the catch. It would be FUGLY!

That’s just not true Irish.

In the 18 catch game Cromartie only gave up 4 for 43 yards. Cromartie has matched up very well against Marshall in the past, and will again Sunday. Here’s an article from ESPNNY

rMarshall, Cromartie may renew rivalry

September, 20, 2010

Sep 20

1:11

PM ET

By Tim Graham

New York Jets cornerback Darrelle Revis could miss some games because of his left hamstring. Those injuries are tricky for any player, let alone one who plays a reactionary position and must be able to stop, start, pivot, accelerate and brake with the receiver he's guarding.

If Revis can't play against the Miami Dolphins on Sunday, then a pair of familiar faces likely will square off in Sun Life Stadium.

Dolphins receiver Brandon Marshall and Jets cornerback Antonio Cromartie probably will renew their old AFC West rivalry. They're both physical and athletic, and they have a history.

Marshall had a gargantuan game against the Cromartie and the San Diego Chargers in 2008, but Cromartie generally has held his own.

In the two seasons since Cromartie's fantastic 2007 All-Pro campaign -- a period when many observers cited a substantial drop in his play -- he has done a good job handling one of the NFL's most dangerous receivers, according to research by ESPN Stats & Information.

Brandon Marshall vs. Antonio Cromartie

2008 Game Targets Catches Yards TDs

Week 2 5 4 43 1

Week 17 2 1 9 0

2009 Game Targets Catches Yards TDs

Week 6 2 2 22 0

Week 11 0 0 0 0

Source: ESPN Stats & Information

Marshall went bananas against the Chargers in Week 2 of 2008. Jay Cutler targeted Marshall 20 times. They connected for 18 receptions, 166 yards and a touchdown.

Cromartie defended Marshall on five of those plays. Marshall had four catches for 43 yards and the touchdown, a 6-yarder.

Since then, the Chargers kept Marshall in check. His best day was six catches for 55 yards.

In their past three meetings, Cromartie has been targeted only four times. Marshall has three catches for 31 yards and no touchdowns.

And who the hell is "everybody else"??? lmao.

Marshall IS everybody else. Stop acting up. Bums. We're going to kick your a$ this weekend.

You're almost as bad as these Jet fans turning there back on an injured Revis.

I'm not trying to be a dick, but how the Hell can you say that without bursting out in laughter? Rex Ryan has never beaten the Phins as a head coach, Sanchize hasn't either, yet, you think the Jets are gonna go on the road with a "who's who" injury report and "kick Miami's asses?:rolleyes:

Yeah, it's concerning. We know how much stronger the Dolphins WR corps is than the Patriots. Plus, the Dolphins offense has been simply electric through the first two weeks. Henne is just a terror. Definitely something to worry about.

He shredded you guys at home last year, but don't worry about him, our WR's or the defense. Just come on down and, don't forget to eat your Wheaties.

I'm not trying to be a dick, but how the Hell can you say that without bursting out in laughter? Rex Ryan has never beaten the Phins as a head coach, Sanchize hasn't either, yet, you think the Jets are gonna go on the road with a "who's who" injury report and "kick Miami's asses?:rolleyes:

Yes. And you are trying to be a dick.

Archived