What should we expect out of Sanchez Sunday night?

Jetsfan80

In week 1, handcuffed by an ultra-conservative gameplan, Sanchez had, other than perhaps his 5-INT performance against Buffalo, his worst offensive output of his young career. Last week, Sanchez had probably his best game as a pro against the Patriots.

If last week was his ceiling and week 1 was his floor, should we be expecting a performance somewhere in the middle this week? Miami has a good but not great defense, and last time the two teams met in Miami the game turned into a bit of a shootout.

Stats-wise, I would say that Sanchez ends up with a stat-line such as this: 16/29, 190 yds, 2 TD's, 2 INT's. What do you think will happen?

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In week 1, handcuffed by an ultra-conservative gameplan, Sanchez had, other than perhaps his 5-INT performance against Buffalo, his worst offensive output of his young career. Last week, Sanchez had probably his best game as a pro against the Patriots.

If last week was his ceiling and week 1 was his floor, should we be expecting a performance somewhere in the middle this week? Miami has a good but not great defense, and last time the two teams met in Miami the game turned into a bit of a shootout.

Stats-wise, I would say that Sanchez ends up with a stat-line such as this: 16/29, 190 yds, 2 TD's, 2 INT's. What do you think will happen?

I personally think you'll see a more conservative gameplan. AP went wild on the Phins last weekend, and I think it'd be smart for the Jets to try and replicate that success on the ground while keeping Sanchez open to some play action roll-outs.

I expect him to be somewhere in the middle.

Your stat line looks good, but I really hope he does not throw 2 picks!

To be fair, I predict the first one will occur on a pass intended for David Clowney (who will be starting the game for at LEAST 1 play), and the 2nd will be in garbage time at the end of the 1st half.

I personally think you'll see a more conservative gameplan. AP went wild on the Phins last weekend, and I think it'd be smart for the Jets to try and replicate that success on the ground while keeping Sanchez open to some play action roll-outs.

1. He didn't have any TD's and was stuffed at the goal line a number of times.

2. AP is not a Jet, and nobody on your team compares..

1. He didn't have any TD's and was stuffed at the goal line a number of times.

2. AP is not a Jet, and nobody on your team compares..

That's fine. I'm not criticizing your defense, but the fact that AP ran for 140 yards says something. The bills got about 60ish or so so my guess is your run D is somewhere in the middle of that. I'm not talking about scoring rushing TD's on you all day and running all over you. I'm saying if I'm an offensive coordinator I try to run the ball and get good production out of it as I feel it's a good way to attack Miami. I'd rather do that then let your team blitz the crap out of us and rush our QB.

But hey, spin it anyway you want it.

That's fine. I'm not criticizing your defense, but the fact that AP ran for 140 yards says something. The bills got about 60ish or so so my guess is your run D is somewhere in the middle of that. I'm not talking about scoring rushing TD's on you all day and running all over you. I'm saying if I'm an offensive coordinator I try to run the ball and get good production out of it as I feel it's a good way to attack Miami. I'd rather do that then let your team blitz the crap out of us and rush our QB.

But hey, spin it anyway you want it.

Not spinning, but you're right. Apparently, and this is my biggest surprise this year, our corners are playing lights out. Vontae is playing really well and Jason Allen has decided to finally live up to his 1st round pick ability. Guy played outstanding the last 2 games. 2 int's against Favre (the 3rd was called back by a defensive penalty) and a dropped pick 6 against the Bills.

Running on us may have it's up side, hard to tell though. When AP's running, it's difficult to tell whether it's his skill or the defense not doing their job.

Not spinning, but you're right. Apparently, and this is my biggest surprise this year, our corners are playing lights out. Vontae is playing really well and Jason Allen has decided to finally live up to his 1st round pick ability. Guy played outstanding the last 2 games. 2 int's against Favre (the 3rd was called back by a defensive penalty) and a dropped pick 6 against the Bills.

Running on us may have it's up side, hard to tell though. When AP's running, it's difficult to tell whether it's his skill or the defense not doing their job.

And with the way your pass rush has been playing, I'd rather not have Sanchez rushed into something. Even with Dansby there I think I'd rather use the middle of the field (LB's) to work the passing game. I'm not cool with having Cotchery and BE (when he's in) trying to ruin deeper routes on your CB's. AP is a freak and he gains so many extra yards with just sheer ability, but I think that if we can run successfully, it's only going to help Sanchez. Going to South Beach with a pass first mentality would be retarded. Which is why I don't think we need to open up the passing game like we did against NE. NE is terrible against the pass so it makes sense to open it up there.

That's actually a pretty fair prediction. He had two decent games against us last year. I expect this game to be close, and Miami winning of course. With all the guys the Jets have hurt, I just can't see us losing this one. Not at home.

Still the same old stale delusion from a Dolphins fan.

And the last three times the Dolphins and Jets have played have been what? A figment of my imagination? I stopped doing hallucinogens years ago, so I'm pretty sure we won those games.

I said we should win this game. We're at home, it's the Jets first road game, our defense is better than last year, we have Brandon Marshall now, and the Jets are banged up. So yeah, if we lose I'll be disappointed. Vegas agrees with me.

The irony of this post is delicious coming from a Jets fan..

Other than a horrible, Hochuli-like call that costs us the game, there is no excuse. The Dolphins should win this game.

It's so funny that dolphin fans actually think they have a good team. Their talent level compared to the Jets is just pitiful.

If the Jets throw the ball 29 times this game, they lose.

This is going to be a Ground and Pound type game. Nacho’s stats will be low. Fins CB’s are playing very well, run D sucked last week.

Some deep play actions perhaps, but this week Sanchez is going to look like Chad

And the last three times the Dolphins and Jets have played have been what? A figment of my imagination? I stopped doing hallucinogens years ago, so I'm pretty sure we won those games.

I said we should win this game. We're at home, it's the Jets first road game, our defense is better than last year, we have Brandon Marshall now, and the Jets are banged up. So yeah, if we lose I'll be disappointed. Vegas agrees with me.

Jets 31

Dolphins 10

This game will be over by halftime.

It's so funny that dolphin fans actually think they have a good team. Their talent level compared to the Jets is just pitiful.

You're hilarious. I bet you do stand-up for a living. I bet your act consists of you standing on stage and pissing all over yourself. I would pay to see that, actually.

Why did you stop at three? Why not look at the whole decade ?

If you are hanging your hat on Vegas's line for this game just a quick FYI.....last week Vegas had New England as favorites to win the game.

You're hilarious. I bet you do stand-up for a living. I bet your act consists of you standing on stage and pissing all over yourself. I would pay to see that, actually.

The only thing better than when dolphins get all exited about their team is when (as they do every year) to get exposed as mediocre. There are 18 year old guys who will be going to the game Sunday that haven't seen a dolphins team that was a legit super bowl contender in their lifetimes. They've seen more blacked out playoff games than AFC championship games haha. The dolphins and their fans are jokes and there will be only one super bowl contender playing on sunday.

Vegas was wrong about the Jets last week too.

If you are hanging your hat on Vegas's line for this game just a quick FYI.....last week Vegas had New England as favorites to win the game.

Why stop at the whole decade? Why not compare Super Bowl wins, division titles, Hall of Famers,hot women who reside in our respective states ans penis size?

You said Dolphins fans were delusional. Why? Because the Phins have beaten the Jets three straight and someone on message board expects them to do it again?

Why stop at the whole decade? Why not compare Super Bowl wins, division titles, Hall of Famers,hot women who reside in our respective states ans penis size?

You said Dolphins fans were delusional. Why? Because the Phins have beaten the Jets three straight and someone on message board expects them to do it again?

You're delusional because you're serial overraters of your team and for buying into those last 3 wins that mean nothing.

The Vikings were also 6 point favorites.

The only thing better than when dolphins get all exited about their team is when (as they do every year) to get exposed as mediocre. There are 18 year old guys who will be going to the game Sunday that haven't seen a dolphins team that was a legit super bowl contender in their lifetimes. They've seen more blacked out playoff games than AFC championship games haha. The dolphins and their fans are jokes and there will be only one super bowl contender playing on sunday.

Miami hasn't had a blackout since 2000. So yeah, kinda blows that theory out of the water.

The only thing better than all of that jargon I stopped reading after the first sentence (to avoid blacking out) is the attitude of Jets fans every year proclaiming themselves Super Bowl Champs in the off-season.

Face it dude, neither of our teams have done anything relevant in a LONG TIME. At least we know our team's limitations. I'd be shocked if you heard or saw one fan predict a Super Bowl for this team this year.

Archived