I'm just going to call it now...

SenorGato

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No spin moron, that's what happened. I live in reality pal. You live in your mother's basement and get your rocks off by annoying people on the internet.

The Vikes were 2/5 in red zone scoring opportunities last week. The Dolphins held the Vikes to 10 points, from the goal line. Did you even see the game? Didn't think so.

I think Braylon WANTS to have a big game.

It's up to shottenheimer though. Will he 'fake everyone out' and call run the whole game? The Vikings couldn't pass, but Rex/Shott need to be SMART and determine if that was Miami's D or if the Vikings simply have NO OL. (I suggest the latter)

If I'm Shott, I'd do a double-double-fake. I'd say "we're going to use Braylon...but not much because the Vikings couldn't pass against them". Then at gametime I'd use a LOT of Braylon. The bad news is, I never see what I hope for.

If Greene goes for 130 yards he'll probably have 4 fumbles along the way.

He had a jittery opening week.

He rushed for 53 against the Pats and didn't fumble once.

So far this season, he's lost as many fumbles as Ronnie Brown and Ricky Williams.

That's where I stopped reading. The Dolphins didn't shut down anything. They allowed more than 380 yards of total offense and the Vikings lit up their front seven to the tune of 4.73 yards per carry in the running game. The Vikings shot themselves in the foot. The Dolphins did not, under any logical measure of comprehension, "shut down the Vikings."

The Vikings had five trips to the red zone and only scored once. Granted one of those trips came when the Ricky Williams fumbled the ball right back to the Vikings after they picked off Favre but that still leaves four red zone trips with only seven points to show for it.

The two main reasons for this were lousy decision making by Favre and poor play calling by the Vikings. How many picks did Favre throw in the red zone, two, three? I didn't see any great play by any member of the Dolphins secondary, I just saw Favre being a bonehead and making stupid passes. And the goal line stand the Dolphins had in the fourth quarter that their fans are fellating each other over all week was due as much to the fact that the Vikings stupidly called five straight running plays up the middle as it had to do with any quality of play by the Dolphins defense.

I guarantee that if the Jets see the red zone five times Sunday night they will come away with significantly more than seven points my friend.

+1 :Wave:

Are you saying Greene doesn't have fumbling issues?

Nothing devastating.

He led the NFL in post season rushing yards last year without a fumble. He knows how to do it. Jittery start this year, followed it up with good ball security.

Aren't you rooting for the Jets this week?

If he was wise he wouldn't. The Dolphins schedule is going to get tougher and their team will get weaker when Brown inevitable rips his knees to shreds.

The Jets have Holmes, Pace and Revis coming back. That's 3 of our top 6 (at least) players. We'll get better and beat down our schedule and the Dolphins will get worse and struggle through that schedule.

Yeah, I did. I thought it was a joke. You were serious? 3 Int's and you didn't see Miami's secondary "make any great plays"?

I have to ask: Did you watch the game? Did you not see Favre stare down receivers? Did you not see him throw into triple coverage? Did you not see him make a terrible pass short and straight to the cornerback who had blanket coverage on the receiver Favre hadn't taken his eyes off of from the time he broke huddle to the time he threw the pass?

Dude, stop. Green for 130 yards?! He hasn't even run for that through 2 games, yet he's magically gonna start ripping off long runs like he's Adrian Petersen? Just stop before you embarass yourself more. And deep bombs to Clowney?! Stop Clowning me man, the guy has already been cut once by the Jets this year, yet he's gonna be a deep threat all the sudden? Eh, no.

Clowney had a deep catch in the same game last season. You don't expect it, which is how it will happen. He is a deep threat, terrible WR but a deep threat.

Greene? Why would you be so shocked, did you watch the game against the Pats. He was running very well and his average was hit mostly by short yardage and goaline work, not to mention he was brought in to close out the game at the end. Look at the play by play...

He's going to breakout soon. I think this will be the game. We still run the ball with the the best of them, it's only a matter of time.

As for TX, yes he may fumble (Not four times) but he'll get his yards and he'll do damage. Watch.

I have to ask: Did you watch the game? Did you not see Favre stare down receivers? Did you not see him throw into triple coverage? Did you not see him make a terrible pass short and straight to the cornerback who had blanket coverage on the receiver Favre hadn't taken his eyes off of from the time he broke huddle to the time he threw the pass?

Come on Kleck, we all know it's not like Brett Favre to throw stupid interceptions.

1) Yes

2) Yes (they are in a weak division)

Weak division? Are you ******* kidding me? Green Bay might be the best team in the league and Chicago, with Martz on board look like they finally know how to get the best out of Cutler.

They're coming 3rd in that division. They're just not that good and their QB is a ******* train wreck.

Yeah, I did. I thought it was a joke. You were serious? 3 Int's and you didn't see Miami's secondary "make any great plays"?

You were playing Favre on one of his days when he's way off the mark, all the Jet fans on here know what thats like cause he did it the second half of the year when he was on the Jets. YOU could pick him off when he plays like that. Face it that Vikings Offense is nowhere near what it was last year.

Weak division? Are you ******* kidding me? Green Bay might be the best team in the league and Chicago, with Martz on board look like they finally know how to get the best out of Cutler.

They're coming 3rd in that division. They're just not that good and their QB is a ******* train wreck.

When it's all said and done, the Bears will be a 8-8 football team.

GB wins the division and the Vikes will get a WC.

Saints and Vikes in a rematch in NFC Championship game.

Even so, 8-8 is pretty decent for a 3rd place in what you called a "weak division". I completely disagree though, I watched the Bears sunday and they're a completely different team. Getting the ball out of Cutlers hands fast and getting a lot of pressure on defense.

They're better than you're giving them credit for.

If the NFC Championship game is a rematch I will do a Tom Shane and get a tatoo saying I love Brett Favre on my chest.

Even if the Bears end up 8-8 as you say, that's pretty solid for a 3rd-place team. At minimum, based on what you say above, that division would have a 10-6 Green Bay team at the top, a 9-7 Vikings team in 2nd place and an 8-8 Bears team in 3rd, with 2 teams making the playoffs from the NFC North.

No matter how you splice it, saying Minnesota plays in a weak division is borderline retarded. Its the top division in the NFC and, at worst, the 3rd best in the NFL behind, possibly, the AFC North and AFC East in no particular order.

No way. That team is going to implode, I actually like Favre because he loves the game but it was a mistake to come back. He's not the same player he was last year especially missing Rice and Harvin, unless his migraines go away soon.

Even if the Bears end up 8-8 as you say, that's pretty solid for a 3rd-place team. At minimum, based on what you say above, that division would have a 10-6 Green Bay team at the top, a 9-7 Vikings team in 2nd place and an 8-8 Bears team in 3rd, with 2 teams making the playoffs from the NFC North.

No matter how you splice it, saying Minnesota plays in a weak division is borderline retarded.

Like your style.

I don't think the Saints will be there either to be honest.

Some team will make a run towards the end of the season. I highly doubt it will be the Vikings who I expect to be close to finished by midway through the season. They have nice chance to re-group though with the Lions and a bye. Still wouldn't be shocked to see Detroit beat them.

Green Bay look outstanding, I'd expect them to be there. Atlanta look pretty good, Ryan is coming on. They're a dangerous team. One of those teams coming out of the horrible NFC west will win a playoff game, they normally do. Then you have Philly with Vick 2.0, Dallas who WILL improve - the Skins, the Bears - All look much improved this season.

Anyways, it will not be a rematch. I'd put money on neither team getting back.

How are the Vikes going to do against the Pats this year? They're already 0-2, they're going to need some wins to get in place to even get a wild card. Think that's one of them? Brett Favre probably matches up better against the Pats secondary than most.

They'll have competition for that spot with at least two teams from the east, and one each from their own division and the south. Probably five teams battling it out for two spots. I really don't see the Vikes being strong candidates for postseason berth right now. Not at all.

And if they were that fortunate, to get to the NFC Championship game they'll have to beat the #1 or #2 seed on the road. blink.gif

Weak trolling attempt here.

No matter how you splice it, saying Minnesota plays in a weak division is borderline retarded. Its the top division in the NFC and, at worst, the 3rd best in the NFL behind, possibly, the AFC North and AFC East in no particular order.

Yup.

I'd rank it

AFC North

AFC South

NFC North

AFC East

Wow, this thread did it for me. I've come here before, but decided not to register, but this thread takes the cake and I just have to. Are there really Jet fans that feel you are taking this game .... "for granted?" Like you think you should win this easy???? :blink:

How on earth do you expect this to be an easy game for you? One, your best player is sitting at home. Two, your best O-lineman (league's best center) has a bad wing, which will decrease his skills. Third, you're playing against a team that has won three straight against you, including a hard fought, kick-each-other-in-the-teeth matchup at the same place last year. Oh, and let's see, we now have a true #1 receiver (although, Ginn did play like one against you, didn't he :P ), and despite what you think of our defense at this point - no matter what, it's improved over last year due to better players and better scheme.

You really think Edwards is going to have some breakout game against us?? Against Vontae?? Good luck w/ that!

I'm not saying you can't win against us, as I'd be doing the same thing I'm now making fun of you guys for doing. But if you think this is going to be some cakewalk (and I know it's not all of you thinking this way), you're in for a rude awakening Sunday night. Wow, just WOW!!!

Archived