I'm just going to call it now...

SenorGato

Braylon Edwards will go 5/100/2 on Sunday night.

I think he's a big factor in Sunday's game. He was the deciding factor in last year's games even close, especially the first game. I even think the Dolphins got Marshall because he saw what Edwards did for our offense with our young QB.

This is my Pothead theory:

The Jets (and therefore Edwards) are a very image conscious people nowadays I hear. One way to win over Jets fans is to make a big play in a win against the Dolphins.

How's he going to do it you say?

Our best passing play against the Dolphins D will be a play action bomb. If it's not done on the first play we'll have to run it down their throats and throw a bunch of slants and crap until some kind of rhythm is worked up enough to get a bomb off...Oh well, both can work. Either way, our best deep threat is Edwards, and he probably really wants to send a message in this game.

Keller should have a good day too, but I think Dansby will give him more trouble than Davis/Smith will give Edwards.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

since we are making predictions how about this one...

the Jets win handily on Sunday night and don't need Braylon to do it.

Thats pretty bold, bit. The phishies are a bunch of dickheads but I don't think they're a bad football team. Their D could give us some problems, but I still think we win in a close one with our D prevailing.

The DOlphins have allowed one defensive touchdown this year. Good luck with that.

(I realize the real number is 2, but one of those drives began on the 1 yard line after a Ricky Williams' fumble.

lol wow the WHOLE year?? Beasts. They did hold it down against those offensive juggernauts, the Bills.

lol wow the WHOLE year?? Beasts. They did hold it down against those offensive juggernauts, the Bills.

And the Vikings, whose WR's currently are:

1) Bernard Berrian, who makes Braylon look like Jerry Rice when it comes to drops issues.

2) Percy Harvin, who sounds like a senile old man based on his injuries. Migraines and a hip injury....really?

3) Greg Camarillo, a Dolphin castoff. Enough said.

I agree with the OP, Braylon will have a really good game. He did it last year, as you'll recall, when he made his Jets debut on the road against Miami. And that was with Sanchez basically staring him down the whole game, like a little kid who just got a new toy and only has eyes for it.

Make all the excuses you want. The Dolphins shut down the Vikings by constantly pressuring the quarterback and taking advantage of the mistake they forced him to make. Adrian Peterson had a lot of room to run on us, but we made the plays when it counted. Our defense is stellar.

And I'd hardly call Greg Camarillo a cast-off. He was a very good receiver for us. In fact, he was the only receiver in the NFL (minimum 50 attempts) not to drop a pass all year in 2009. We needed to fill the nickle role after Will Allen was lost for the year and Benny Sapp has filled in adequately. He has been better for us than Camarillo has been for the Vikings.

Braylon's big game was also against Sean Smith who basically ushered opposing receivers into the end zone from 50 yards out. And Vonte Davis had his share of growing pains. Congrats, he torched a pair of rookie corners and Gibril Wilson who was also beaten like a mule all year.

Make all the excuses you want. The Dolphins shut down the Vikings by constantly pressuring the quarterback and taking advantage of the mistake they forced him to make. Adrian Peterson had a lot of room to run on us, but we made the plays when it counted. Our defense is stellar.

And I'd hardly call Greg Camarillo a cast-off. He was a very good receiver for us. In fact, he was the only receiver in the NFL (minimum 50 attempts) not to drop a pass all year in 2009. We needed to fill the nickle role after Will Allen was lost for the year and Benny Sapp has filled in adequately. He has been better for us than Camarillo has been for the Vikings.

Braylon's big game was also against Sean Smith who basically ushered opposing receivers into the end zone from 50 yards out. And Vonte Davis had his share of growing pains. Congrats, he torched a pair of rookie corners and Gibril Wilson who was also beaten like a mule all year.

How is what I stated excuses? If you're going to make outlandish statements (like comparing Vontae Davis to Nnamdi Asomugha as I believe you or one of your friends did in another thread, and which I'm guessing you would agree with), they must be tested against the cirumstances. Sorry, I'm not impressed that you shut down the Bills and the banged up Vikings offense and neither is anyone else. Both of those teams are playing like total dogsh**.

How is what I stated excuses? If you're going to make outlandish statements (like comparing Vontae Davis to Nnamdi Asomugha as I believe you or one of your friends did in another thread, and which I'm guessing you would agree with), they must be tested against the cirumstances. Sorry, I'm not impressed that you shut down the Bills and the banged up Vikings offense and neither is anyone else. Both of those teams are playing like total dogsh**.

Watch the Dolphins-Bills game. They threw at Vontae three times and didn't complete one of them. Is that not how team's treat Asomugha?

The DOlphins have allowed one defensive touchdown this year. Good luck with that.

(I realize the real number is 2, but one of those drives began on the 1 yard line after a Ricky Williams' fumble.

I think you guys have a very solid D... But most good Ds could shut down the 2 teams you shut down... Pretty idiotic statement.

Braylon Edwards will go 5/100/2 on Sunday night.

I think he's a big factor in Sunday's game. He was the deciding factor in last year's games even close, especially the first game. I even think the Dolphins got Marshall because he saw what Edwards did for our offense with our young QB.

This is my Pothead theory:

The Jets (and therefore Edwards) are a very image conscious people nowadays I hear. One way to win over Jets fans is to make a big play in a win against the Dolphins.

How's he going to do it you say?

Our best passing play against the Dolphins D will be a play action bomb. If it's not done on the first play we'll have to run it down their throats and throw a bunch of slants and crap until some kind of rhythm is worked up enough to get a bomb off...Oh well, both can work. Either way, our best deep threat is Edwards, and he probably really wants to send a message in this game.

Keller should have a good day too, but I think Dansby will give him more trouble than Davis/Smith will give Edwards.

Your the Braylon Edwards of potheads.

I watched the highlights from the Vikings game and your defense looks outstanding with pressure. No way you have two good games like that in a row. It's letdown time. Sorry. Please make sure to call for a ride home Sunday night after drowning your sorrows in alchohol. I want you here for Monday. The Crusher cares.

Make all the excuses you want. The Dolphins shut down the Vikings

That's where I stopped reading. The Dolphins didn't shut down anything. They allowed more than 380 yards of total offense and the Vikings lit up their front seven to the tune of 4.73 yards per carry in the running game. The Vikings shot themselves in the foot. The Dolphins did not, under any logical measure of comprehension, "shut down the Vikings."

The Vikings had five trips to the red zone and only scored once. Granted one of those trips came when the Ricky Williams fumbled the ball right back to the Vikings after they picked off Favre but that still leaves four red zone trips with only seven points to show for it.

The two main reasons for this were lousy decision making by Favre and poor play calling by the Vikings. How many picks did Favre throw in the red zone, two, three? I didn't see any great play by any member of the Dolphins secondary, I just saw Favre being a bonehead and making stupid passes. And the goal line stand the Dolphins had in the fourth quarter that their fans are fellating each other over all week was due as much to the fact that the Vikings stupidly called five straight running plays up the middle as it had to do with any quality of play by the Dolphins defense.

I guarantee that if the Jets see the red zone five times Sunday night they will come away with significantly more than seven points my friend.

The Dolphins didn't shut down anything. They allowed more than 380 yards of total offense and the Vikings lit up their front seven to the tune of 4.73 yards per carry in the running game.

Psst, total yards is a meaningless statistic.

Bottom line, the Phins held the Vikings to 10 points.

I think our running game goes insane on Sunday night and I could see Edwards getting a deep bomb or two, maybe even Clowney. Other than that I expect to be sort of like the Baltimore game only not quite extremely conservative and with our running game being a lot more effective.

My prediction - Greene goes of on them for 130+ yards, LT will add another 50-60 and between them they wil get a few TD's.

Sanchez? He'll be steady but I wouldn't expect him to pass over for over 170 yards in this game because I don't think he'll need to. I expect us to go back to the offense we saw in the playoffs and against the pretty weak Dolphins offense, it should work.

I think our running game goes insane on Sunday night and I could see Edwards getting a deep bomb or two, maybe even Clowney. Other than that I expect to be sort of like the Baltimore game only not quite extremely conservative and with our running game being a lot more effective.

My prediction - Greene goes of on them for 130+ yards, LT will add another 50-60 and between them they wil get a few TD's.

Sanchez? He'll be steady but I wouldn't expect him to pass over for over 170 yards in this game because I don't think he'll need to. I expect us to go back to the offense we saw in the playoffs and against the pretty weak Dolphins offense, it should work.

Dude, stop. Green for 130 yards?! He hasn't even run for that through 2 games, yet he's magically gonna start ripping off long runs like he's Adrian Petersen? Just stop before you embarass yourself more. And deep bombs to Clowney?! Stop Clowning me man, the guy has already been cut once by the Jets this year, yet he's gonna be a deep threat all the sudden? Eh, no.

Dude, stop. Green for 130 yards?! He hasn't even run for that through 2 games, yet he's magically gonna start ripping off long runs like he's Adrian Petersen? Just stop before you embarass yourself more. And deep bombs to Clowney?! Stop Clowning me man, the guy has already been cut once by the Jets this year, yet he's gonna be a deep threat all the sudden? Eh, no.

Last year, Shonn Greene rushed for the 2nd most rushing yards for a rookie playing in his first 2 playoff games in NFL history. On the road no less. Its not out of the realm of possibility that he chooses Sunday night to have his first breakout game of the 2010 season.

If Greene goes for 130 yards he'll probably have 4 fumbles along the way.

Last year, Shonn Greene rushed for the 2nd most rushing yards for a rookie playing in his first 2 playoff games in NFL history. On the road no less. Its not out of the realm of possibility that he chooses Sunday night to have his first breakout game of the 2010 season.

Thanks to Antonio Cromartie refusing to tackle.

Archived