I'm just going to call it now...

SenorGato

Wow, this thread did it for me. I've come here before, but decided not to register, but this thread takes the cake and I just have to. Are there really Jet fans that feel you are taking this game .... "for granted?" Like you think you should win this easy???? :blink:

How on earth do you expect this to be an easy game for you? One, your best player is sitting at home. Two, your best O-lineman (league's best center) has a bad wing, which will decrease his skills. Third, you're playing against a team that has won three straight against you, including a hard fought, kick-each-other-in-the-teeth matchup at the same place last year. Oh, and let's see, we now have a true #1 receiver (although, Ginn did play like one against you, didn't he :P ), and despite what you think of our defense at this point - no matter what, it's improved over last year due to better players and better scheme.

You really think Edwards is going to have some breakout game against us?? Against Vontae?? Good luck w/ that!

I'm not saying you can't win against us, as I'd be doing the same thing I'm now making fun of you guys for doing. But if you think this is going to be some cakewalk (and I know it's not all of you thinking this way), you're in for a rude awakening Sunday night. Wow, just WOW!!!

Not a bad first post. I fail to see where you've seen massive amounts of fans taking this game for granted though. Most agree its going to be a dogfight.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, this thread did it for me. I've come here before, but decided not to register, but this thread takes the cake and I just have to. Are there really Jet fans that fear you are taking this game .... "for granted?" Like you think you should win this easy???? :blink:

How on earth do you expect this to be an easy game for you? One, your best player is sitting at home. Two, your best O-lineman (league's best center) has a bad wing, which will decrease his skills. Third, you're playing against a team that has won three straight against you, including a hard fought, kick-each-other-in-the-teeth matchup at the same place last year. Oh, and let's see, we now have a true #1 receiver (although, Ginn did play like one against you, didn't he :P ), and despite what you think of our defense at this point - no matter what, it's improved over last year due to better players and better scheme.

You really think Edwards is going to have some breakout game against us?? Against Vontae?? Good luck w/ that!

I'm not saying you can't win against us, as I'd be doing the same thing I'm now making fun of you guys for doing. But if you think this is going to be some cakewalk (and I know it's not all of you thinking this way), you're in for a rude awakening Sunday night. Wow, just WOW!!!

I really don't think it's going to be a cakewalk. In fact I think you have one of the few teams that can match up with us physically and probably get some yards on the ground against us. Our run defense has been crazy good so far. I expect that to change Sunday.

The Dolphins are good, don't get me wrong. But I don't see us losing this game, it will be hard fought either way but coming off that huge performance last week, I think we're ready to really make a statement in the division by getting a road win.

Edwards could have a breakout game (personally don't expect him to) and what makes you think he'll even be on Davis? Who is a very good player.

I don't think the Saints will be there either to be honest.

I do like Atlanta to win that division, but can't help but think the Saints find a way into the postseason the way they've started out. There's no Super Bowl hangover for that team.

I say the NFC playoff teams end up being the Packers, Falcons, 49ers, Saints, Bears and Redskins.

I do like Atlanta to win that division, but can't help but think the Saints find a way into the postseason the way they've started out. There's no Super Bowl hangover for that team.

I say the NFC playoff teams end up being the Packers, Falcons, 49ers, Saints, Bears and Redskins.

Oh they'll make the playoffs, Brees is FAR too good for them not to. But I don't think they'll do much damage this season. Much tougher defending a title.

If I had to make a prediction for the NFC title game I'd go with Packers-Falcons with my darkhorse being Dallas.

Not a bad first post. I fail to see where you've seen massive amounts of fans taking this game for granted though. Most agree its going to be a dogfight.

Maybe I went overboard w/ that, but I did read it a couple times. One actually said the team better not take it for granted, and another or more alluded to it. I guess I was just shocked that a fan of either team at this point could think that way.

Frankly, I'm not sure what my team is going to be at this point. Like what I see so far, and I know our offense is better than what we've seen so far, but I could just as easily see us at 2-2 in two weeks as 4-0. I look forward to Sunday night to get a better feel for where we are.

Same for you guys quite frankly. I think the dirty little secret in the NFL is the Pats defense blows! They have two stars, and nine pieces of garbage. You guys exposed them badly, especially in the second half. I think you'll see teams do that all year now. Thanks for that, I guess. ;)

Point being, let's see what Sanchez and Co. do against our new-and-improved defense. I think after Sunday, we'll know a lot about BOTH teams and what's in store for the next 13.

This really isnt that complicated. The Dolphags D isnt great, but they are definitely opportunistic. They made plays when they had to. Was their competition great, no. But does that really matter. A win is a win is a win, and they came up big when they needed it most. What more can you ask from you D?

Does that make them great, no. They havent truly been tested, but is that their fault?

Maybe I went overboard w/ that, but I did read it a couple times. One actually said the team better not take it for granted, and another or more alluded to it. I guess I was just shocked that a fan of either team at this point could think that way.

Frankly, I'm not sure what my team is going to be at this point. Like what I see so far, and I know our offense is better than what we've seen so far, but I could just as easily see us at 2-2 in two weeks as 4-0. I look forward to Sunday night to get a better feel for where we are.

Same for you guys quite frankly. I think the dirty little secret in the NFL is the Pats defense blows! They have two stars, and nine pieces of garbage. You guys exposed them badly, especially in the second half. I think you'll see teams do that all year now. Thanks for that, I guess. ;)

Point being, let's see what Sanchez and Co. do against our new-and-improved defense. I think after Sunday, we'll know a lot about BOTH teams and what's in store for the next 13.

You probably read that from the likes of Madmike and Klecko. One of which is a retard and the other a Klecko.

I agree with the rest of your post. Both teams have been impressive enough and we'll see which of them is surely for real afterwards.

I really don't think it's going to be a cakewalk. In fact I think you have one of the few teams that can match up with us physically and probably get some yards on the ground against us. Our run defense has been crazy good so far. I expect that to change Sunday.

The Dolphins are good, don't get me wrong. But I don't see us losing this game, it will be hard fought either way but coming off that huge performance last week, I think we're ready to really make a statement in the division by getting a road win.

Edwards could have a breakout game (personally don't expect him to) and what makes you think he'll even be on Davis? Who is a very good player.

I'll say this, whoever wins definitely makes a HUGE statement and has the early path to the division title. Frankly, not too impressed by the 2010 Pats.

I think Davis will be on your best receiver as much as possible. We'd be stupid to do otherwise. I like to think of Davis as a second-year Revis, but only time will tell. He just keeps getting better and better, and I remember Revis being the same way.

If Edwards can get on Allen, he'll have a chance to outleap him at times, but Allen is pretty physical. Now, if he gets on Sean Smith, it could be trouble for us, and if I'm Sanchez I'm looking for and trying to get that matchup. Smith has talent, and makes some plays, but he's just as likely to pick you up in a limo and drop you off in the endzone.

Couldnt agree more. But for every Jet fan saying this will be a cakewalk, which it definitely wont be and to think so is dumb, there is a Dolphin fan WAY to hyped up about their defense to this point as well. Is it improved yes, has it been truly tested? I dont think so not against the Bills and THIS YEARS Vikings team.

This really isnt that complicated. The Dolphags D isnt great, but they are definitely opportunistic. They made plays when they had to. Was their competition great, no. But does that really matter. A win is a win is a win, and they came up big when they needed it most. What more can you ask from you D?

Does that make them great, no. They havent truly been tested, but is that their fault?

Fair point, but some of these smackheads are acting like the Dolphins are the 85 Bears.

1) Yes

2) Yes (they are in a weak division)

Really?

I'm honestly shocked by this.

I've seen both of their games and came away not impressed. I think Favre has finally hit the wall, and outside of a strong D-Line, the defense was unimpressive. Barring a huge turnaround when they get healthy, I look at this team like the (2003?) Raiders, who were right there the year before, but just got one year too old.

Fair point, but some of these smackheads are acting like the Dolphins are the 85 Bears.

And this surprises you? The Dolphags trolls make it seem like they were in the AFC Champ game last year and not the Jets. These guys have acted like they are SB favorite after going 7-9.

Couldnt agree more. But for every Jet fan saying this will be a cakewalk, which it definitely wont be and to think so is dumb, there is a Dolphin fan WAY to hyped up about their defense to this point as well. Is it improved yes, has it been truly tested? I dont think so not against the Bills and THIS YEARS Vikings team.

Oh, very true about many of our fans and our defense. Don't get me wrong, I love what we've done so far, and I HOPE it's the norm, but we won't know for sure until we play the next three games (Jets, Pats, Packers). Your offense is solid and can run, and we all know what the Pats and Packers can do w/ the ball through the air.

I know we're better than last year, but just how much? If it's like we've seen so far, we'll win a lot of games. If it's overall average (which would be better than last year), we'll still win a lot of games if our offense ever wakes up. If not, welcome to last year.

I have to ask: Did you watch the game? Did you not see Favre stare down receivers? Did you not see him throw into triple coverage? Did you not see him make a terrible pass short and straight to the cornerback who had blanket coverage on the receiver Favre hadn't taken his eyes off of from the time he broke huddle to the time he threw the pass?

You Jets fans with your excuses for everything. 3 int's, 2 sacks, six QB hits and a strip fumble recovery for a TD, but the reason Miami won the game was Favre starring down his reievers? Ever stop to think that the reason Favre had a bad day was BECAUSE OF MIAMIS DEFENSE!

You were playing Favre on one of his days when he's way off the mark, all the Jet fans on here know what thats like cause he did it the second half of the year when he was on the Jets. YOU could pick him off when he plays like that. Face it that Vikings Offense is nowhere near what it was last year.

You get the same response as Klectard.

Oh, very true about many of our fans and our defense. Don't get me wrong, I love what we've done so far, and I HOPE it's the norm, but we won't know for sure until we play the next three games (Jets, Pats, Packers). Your offense is solid and can run, and we all know what the Pats and Packers can do w/ the ball through the air.

I know we're better than last year, but just how much? If it's like we've seen so far, we'll win a lot of games. If it's overall average (which would be better than last year), we'll still win a lot of games if our offense ever wakes up. If not, welcome to last year.

Fair enough man. Every fan base has its rational and irrational fans haha Its a big game though, wish it wasnt a damn night game! Sunday is gonna be a loooong day!

Let's be honest, EVERY team has it's share of annoying fans who overreact to everything, one way or another. Frankly, anyone making broad judgements after two weeks is ignorant of NFL history.

The DOlphins have allowed one defensive touchdown this year. Good luck with that.

(I realize the real number is 2, but one of those drives began on the 1 yard line after a Ricky Williams' fumble.

You beat the worse team in Football in Week 1 and a whack Vikings Squad with a washed up Favre...The JETS are better.

Jets wipe the floor with the fins Sunday night.

You Jets fans with your excuses for everything. 3 int's, 2 sacks, six QB hits and a strip fumble recovery for a TD, but the reason Miami won the game was Favre starring down his reievers? Ever stop to think that the reason Favre had a bad day was BECAUSE OF MIAMIS DEFENSE!

You get the same response as Klectard.

I'll say this, Sunday, Favre was under pressure most of the day for what it's worth. A lot of his throws were rushed and two of his picks may have come because of it. He was off all day. Even the last pass of the game that fell incomplete and was behind the receiver (even though Smith would have stopped it anyways), he HAD to get rid of it before he wanted to.

I hope they can keep this up.

I'll say this, whoever wins definitely makes a HUGE statement and has the early path to the division title. Frankly, not too impressed by the 2010 Pats.

I think Davis will be on your best receiver as much as possible. We'd be stupid to do otherwise. I like to think of Davis as a second-year Revis, but only time will tell. He just keeps getting better and better, and I remember Revis being the same way.

If Edwards can get on Allen, he'll have a chance to outleap him at times, but Allen is pretty physical. Now, if he gets on Sean Smith, it could be trouble for us, and if I'm Sanchez I'm looking for and trying to get that matchup. Smith has talent, and makes some plays, but he's just as likely to pick you up in a limo and drop you off in the endzone.

If Sanchez is having a lot of success getting the ball to his WR's, then this game will be a cakewalk for the Jets.

I don't envision that, though.

The Vikes moved the ball on the fish with their running game and by throwing to their TE. The Jets have a solid two-headed running attack, and their TE is their leading receiver. The Vikes also threw to Peterson a lot, and the Jets throw to LT a lot. I think you see where I'm going with this. Jets will employ a ball-control heavy attack. A minimal risk, take what they give you kinda plan, while leaning heavily on their defense and special teams.

The difference is turnovers. Farve threw three picks against the fish, Sanchez hasn't thrown one yet this year (not to cast the evil eye on him or anything... ). But that's what this game will likely come down to - who makes (and takes advantage of) the big takeaway.

Ever stop to think that the reason Favre had a bad day was BECAUSE OF MIAMIS DEFENSE!

Its possible. However, given that the Viking offense looked just as putrid the week before (granted, it was against the Saints) and put up similar production after a 10-day rest tells me part of the problem is Favre and the offense itself. It's not an either/or, its both. The Dolphin defense is good, and the Viking offense is, right now, pitiful (in the passing game, of course).

And all we have to go on for Miami is their performance against the Vikings and a terrible Bills team the week before.

This tells me that all we can glean from Miami so far is that they are a good defense when it comes to keeping bad offenses from putting points on the board. That's all.

If Sanchez is having a lot of success getting the ball to his WR's, then this game will be a cakewalk for the Jets.

I don't envision that, though.

The Vikes moved the ball on the fish with their running game and by throwing to their TE. The Jets have a solid two-headed running attack, and their TE is their leading receiver. The Vikes also threw to Peterson a lot, and the Jets throw to LT a lot. I think you see where I'm going with this. Jets will employ a ball-control heavy attack. A minimal risk, take what they give you kinda plan, while leaning heavily on their defense and special teams.

The difference is turnovers. Farve threw three picks against the fish, Sanchez hasn't thrown one yet this year (not to cast the evil eye on him or anything... ). But that's what this game will likely come down to - who makes (and takes advantage of) the big takeaway.

Yep, as always in tough, evenly matched games, TOs make the difference.

You're right about Sanchez, if he has success w/ his WRs. I would guess the same for Henne too if he's consistently getting the ball out to Marshall for big plays, and Bess underneth.

You're right about Sanchez, if he has success w/ his WRs. I would guess the same for Henne too if he's consistently getting the ball out to Marshall for big plays, and Bess underneth.

I don't think either team will have much success in this department. As much as the Jets might miss having a 100 % healthy Darrelle Revis out there, Cromartie on Marshall and Wilson covering Bess or whoever else he's matched up with is pretty favorable for the Jets, just as Miami is confident in their corners. Last week, Cro played great on Moss and Wilson, with safety help, did well on Welker.

I don't think either team will have much success in this department. As much as the Jets might miss having a 100 % healthy Darrelle Revis out there, Cromartie on Marshall and Wilson covering Bess or whoever else he's matched up with is pretty favorable for the Jets, just as Miami is confident in their corners. Last week, Cro played great on Moss and Wilson, with safety help, did well on Welker.

Yeah, gotta say, the Jets surprised me last week in the second half. Thought Brady would have a field day in the second half, and it was completely the opposite.

I hate the Cromartie on Marshall matchup, and I hope they put Wilson in his face a lot. At least Wilson is physical. Cromartie looks like he's trying to figure out how to tackle people without actually touching them out there. That won't cut it against Marshall. Without Revis, they're going to have to double him most of the game. May as well stick Wilson there if you're going to provide the CB with help all night, anyway.

I hate the Cromartie on Marshall matchup, and I hope they put Wilson in his face a lot. At least Wilson is physical. Cromartie looks like he's trying to figure out how to tackle people without actually touching them out there. That won't cut it against Marshall. Without Revis, they're going to have to double him most of the game. May as well stick Wilson there if you're going to provide the CB with help all night, anyway.

Cro won't have to worry about tackling him when he's blanketing him. Cro has done very well against Marshall, contrary to popular opinion.

Cro won't have to worry about tackling him when he's blanketing him. Cro has done very well against Marshall, contrary to popular opinion.

We'll see what the Jets coaches think about it on Sunday. I think Marshall gets doubled all night, and that he sees Wilson disrupting his routes at least some of the time.

We'll see what the Jets coaches think about it on Sunday. I think Marshall gets doubled all night, and that he sees Wilson disrupting his routes at least some of the time.

I don't have a problem with safety help being provided. I'm confident in Wilson being able to contain Bess. They'll probably play around with it, sometimes putting Wilson and a safety on Marshall, sometimes just Cro, and other times all-out blitzing. I trust Rex.

But in terms of Cro's ability to cover Marshall one-and-one, I don't think he'll get burnt, either.

I don't have a problem with safety help being provided. I'm confident in Wilson being able to contain Bess. They'll probably play around with it, sometimes putting Wilson and a safety on Marshall, sometimes just Cro, and other times all-out blitzing. I trust Rex.

But in terms of Cro's ability to cover Marshall one-and-one, I don't think he'll get burnt, either.

Remember, Wilson IS a rookie. Not saying he can't play, but look at our Vontae last year. Talented for sure, but he was also burnt toast a few times.

Rookie DBs rarely are lock-down or close from the start, and can be exploited, even when they are having success.

As for Cro v. Marshall, should be fun!

Go read my thread.

Archived