The Jets really need an NFL free safety.

SenorGato

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay. What if we're playing in the Super Bowl and right before Sanchez takes a snap out of the shotgun spread a piece of the Jerrytron falls out of the sky and anvils him? What's our audible? What if there's a lightning storm and somehow Rex's and Schottenheimer's brains get switched into each other's body? Now what's your plan? Because, after all, such stupidly implausible contingencies do bear discussion, right? Hypothetical bullsh*t is still bullsh*t.

You're right. Hypothetically figuring if an NFL player overvalues his worth is equally likely to your silliness. Incidentally, in that thread you figured a "fair" contract for Ferguson was between $11-12M. No player in history has ever figured he was worth more than some fans think he's worth.

Either way, you are full of crap. I never projected Ferguson's demands to be $15M.

Dude, I think he is exaggerating the number so that we don't have 20 responses saying "just pay him". If the guy is asking for a ridiculous number we have to replace him.

I didn't think even an IQ of 80 was required to understand this. More Aten arguing over nothing for the sake of arguing. Nothing to see here.

At least I don't deny it.

Whatever, man.

I didn't think even an IQ of 80 was required to understand this. More Aten arguing over nothing for the sake of arguing. Nothing to see here.

Right. This is arguing over nothing, and projecting Lowery at safety in the event that Pool demands 6 mil a year in free agency is serious business.

Right. This is arguing over nothing, and projecting Lowery at safety in the event that Pool demands 6 mil a year in free agency is serious business.

Ryan allegedly wanted to give Lowery a shot at safety this past summer. Revis holding out put the kibosh on that.

The $6M number was thrown out as a number that was well above what the Jets would ever pay him. Everyone reading this thread can understand that. If you can't, it's on you.

Ryan allegedly wanted to give Lowery a shot at safety this past summer. Revis holding out put the kibosh on that.

The $6M number was thrown out as a number that was well above what the Jets would ever pay him. Everyone reading this thread can understand that. If you can't, it's on you.

Yes, I just don't understand. Enlighten me. A billion is a number well above what the Jets would ever pay him. So is 4M per. Why 6? Also, why 12-13, 12-14, 13-15, etc. for Ferguson? If I didn't know better, I'd think that you were actually trying to ballpark it and not in fact just throwing numbers out there at random. Then again, I've got an 80 IQ and just don't understand stuff.

Yes, I just don't understand. Enlighten me. A billion is a number well above what the Jets would ever pay him. So is 4M per. Why 6? Also, why 12-13, 12-14, 13-15, etc. for Ferguson? If I didn't know better, I'd think that you were actually trying to ballpark it and not in fact just throwing numbers out there at random. Then again, I've got an 80 IQ and just don't understand stuff.

$6M is actually a number that has been paid to other safeties, genius. It is an exaggeration because it is an outlandish number for the Jets to pay Pool, not an outlandish number for any team to pay any safety.

I'm thinking now that Aten is a misspelled abbreviation for attention.

Figure threatens to lower his men's pay by 5 bucks extra per in that scenario. Then he's stuck figuring out whether the tank itself is enough or if he needs backup. Regardless this entire scenario is totally realistic and warrants discussion.

Lower pay? I thought he would increase pay and then charge the men $5 each for 10 minute tank rides. Gotta be able to get some p***y with a Sherman tank in 1876.

Lower pay? I thought he would increase pay and then charge the men $5 each for 10 minute tank rides. Gotta be able to get some p***y with a Sherman tank in 1876.

Of course he lowers their pay. Dudes with rifles or muskets or whatever the **** become obsolete when you're fighting Injuns with a tank. Plus everyone knows that Custer was brash and had a ton of soldiers going into their contract year (with character concerns no less).

Pool and Leonard are fine. Once Revis comes back and takes the other teams #1, Cromartie should have little trouble with covering other teams #2 WR and this secondary will be very tough to pass against.

BTW, the Jets don't play a traditional "free/strong" safety. They are interchangable and simply split the field. Because the Jets blitz their LBers so much, on most pass plays, they are picking up the coverage of RBs and TEs that become their responsibiltiy on their side of the field.

What if Custer had a Sherman tank? Discuss.

Figure threatens to lower his men's pay by 5 bucks extra per in that scenario. Then he's stuck figuring out whether the tank itself is enough or if he needs backup. Regardless this entire scenario is totally realistic and warrants discussion.

Of course he lowers their pay. Dudes with rifles or muskets or whatever the **** become obsolete when you're fighting Injuns with a tank. Plus everyone knows that Custer was brash and had a ton of soldiers going into their contract year (with character concerns no less).

27088d1258511571-lee-ermy-show-fragmentation-round-hijack-deniro.jpg

Archived