Looking for someone who left the game early yesterday

Maxman

We have an interview opportunity with a major NY news publication. They want to talk to a few fans that left the game early and ask some questions about why they left. (Parking problems, general frustration etc). You will get your name in a very impressive publication but we need people soon

Please respond if you left early and are interested in talking to them.

Thanks!

Nobody left early? :D

I only partially left early. Relocated from the 300's to the 100 concourse on the opposite side of the stadium to watch the remainder of the game to make it easier to exit.

The upper deck is an abortion to get out from, as your choices are limited to:

- overcrowded, non-moving, non-contiguous escalator

- what seems like 20 stories of short staircases and landings

- a ramp that is on like a 3 degree decline that takes probably 20 minutes to walk down

I don't understand how they could've screwed this stadium up so badly. The old stadium was simple - there was an escalator that went directly to each of the 100/200/300 level and the spirals that allowed you to make a quick descent.

I would also imagine that many of those who are leaving early live in areas that require traveling through major traffic bottlenecks - ie. Queens/Long Island, Connecticut, etc.

I would also imagine that many of those who are leaving early live in areas that require traveling through major traffic bottlenecks - ie. Queens/Long Island, Connecticut, etc.

I think of it completely opposite... I am not going to get all caught up in that initial rush of quitters just to get stuck in traffic and miss the game.

I drive all the way from CT for every game... I am there until the bitter end.

I think of it completely opposite... I am not going to get all caught up in that initial rush of quitters just to get stuck in traffic and miss the game.

I drive all the way from CT for every game... I am there until the bitter end.

There wasn't as much of an initial rush as you would've thought, as there was a ton of celebrating near the TV's outside when I left after the game ended, presumably by the people who had left and watched the remainder of the game from there. On the jog to my car, it seemed like the lots were still mostly full and I was able to get out quickly. Had I walked, it probably would've been a different story.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe that you have a family at home. Before I had children, I didn't care what time I got home either and would even tailgate after the game if we had leftover food to let the lots and traffic clear out. Big difference nowadays.

I had a four hour drive and I stayed, not that I did not think about it. My buddy's would not let me anyway. BTW left seats right after game and got right in car to leave, cleared traffic on 3 west at 6:10 pm, got home at 10:00pm

Two hours to walk to your car and get clear of the stadium is unreal, they should have figured that out better

There wasn't as much of an initial rush as you would've thought, as there was a ton of celebrating near the TV's outside when I left after the game ended, presumably by the people who had left and watched the remainder of the game from there. On the jog to my car, it seemed like the lots were still mostly full and I was able to get out quickly. Had I walked, it probably would've been a different story.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe that you have a family at home. Before I had children, I didn't care what time I got home either and would even tailgate after the game if we had leftover food to let the lots and traffic clear out. Big difference nowadays.

It took me 2 hours 15 minutes to get home (it would take 1 1/2 hours without traffic) you are wasting your money if you have to skip the most important part of the game to save 45 minutes.

I had a four hour drive and I stayed, not that I did not think about it. My buddy's would not let me anyway. BTW left seats right after game and got right in car to leave, cleared traffic on 3 west at 6:10 pm, got home at 10:00pm

Two hours to walk to your car and get clear of the stadium is unreal, they should have figured that out better

Agree I saw this firsthand at the home opener. Its hard as hell to get out of the stadium and harder to get out of the parking lot. Max should suggest a story on this. I havent talked to a single fan who likes the new configurations. The stadium itself is nice but the rest sucks.

Is this for the same chick that wanted to interview all Jets "groupies"?

No. That was the NY Post. This is the NY Times.

True story, the girl from the Post talks to Caryn who is Uncle Tony's (Classic Harley) daughter. Caryn is nice, respectful, beautiful and successful. The girl from the Post tells me they can't use her because they needed someone skanky.

LOL, long live the Post.

I only partially left early. Relocated from the 300's to the 100 concourse on the opposite side of the stadium to watch the remainder of the game to make it easier to exit.

The upper deck is an abortion to get out from, as your choices are limited to:

- overcrowded, non-moving, non-contiguous escalator

- what seems like 20 stories of short staircases and landings

- a ramp that is on like a 3 degree decline that takes probably 20 minutes to walk down

I don't understand how they could've screwed this stadium up so badly. The old stadium was simple - there was an escalator that went directly to each of the 100/200/300 level and the spirals that allowed you to make a quick descent.

That is exactly what he is looking for. If you want to have him interview you, PM me your info (name and number) and I can pass it along. I told him a lot of people left for that reason and watched the rest from within the stadium...

He said he thought about it, but decided against it.

If the Jets had lost yesterday, these message boards would have been lit up with that any other idea was stupid.

Yeah, and the media would be all over him too.

I still don't think he'll ever do it.

Face it which is easier to come back from?

-Down 8 with 1:40 left and 2 times out

or

-Down 4 with :45 seconds left and no times out?

Typically down 8, but yesterday they made down 4 look easy.

Down 8 is no easy task either, and you have to score twice.

The Jets may have ended up doing that and leaving just enough time on the clock to lose the game too. ;)

I was not arguing for either way though, certainly there are times where letting them score will make more sense.

The question is, will Rex see it that way? Or will he feel his D will hold up and his O can pull off anything in :45 seconds?

It took me 2 hours 15 minutes to get home (it would take 1 1/2 hours without traffic) you are wasting your money if you have to skip the most important part of the game to save 45 minutes.

Again, I didn't skip the end of the game... I simply repositioned myself into a more favorable position from which to exit and still be able to watch the on-field action. The lot I park in - one that provides the easiest escape route - is on the opposite side of the stadium from my upper deck seats.

It took me over 2 hours to get home as is, and that's with beating everyone to the GWB... had I stayed in my seat, it could've easily taken over 3. If I had it to do over again, I wouldn't change a thing.

Not that I'm rushing to agree with one of the few people on here with less popular opinions than me, but I thought the same thing.

You can use a fake name! It would be really good for the site. Just give him an alias. :D

All I need is a contact #, your story is a good one....Don't make me beg....

You can use a fake name! It would be really good for the site. Just give him an alias. :D

All I need is a contact #, your story is a good one....Don't make me beg....

My story was partially fabricated and partially plagiarized from stories I read on JI. The NY Times would never be duped into printing something like that.

Archived