"Who cares about this year? Sanchez will be a top 10 QB going forward"

serphnx

No trolling, but I will provide some facts for the debate.

Sanchez currently is:

Ranked 32nd in completion percentage at 54.7%

Ranked 25th in YPA

Ranked 24th in passer rating at 80.5%

Ranked 15th in yards at 1,991

The completion percentage is legit and something that needs to be worked on for sure, but the other stuff? Meh. His YPA and passer rating stats are a direct result of his low completion percentage. When you consider that he's 7 spots higher in YPA than in completion percentage, that tells you his yards per completion is a hell of a lot better than a good number of QBs. With the correction of his completion percentage, that number should easily sore. Passer rating is way too heavily reliant on comp %, Chad Pennington is proof positive of that. As far as total passing yards, I'm not too concerned. Again, this is not a guy who people are saying is the best QB in the league today, but has the ability to be a top QB going forward. Given the fact that this guy is a second year NFL player who had 16 total college games under his belt, he's playing pretty damn well.

The completion percentage needs to be fixed for sure. There's not too much to be upset with beyond that right now, all things considered.

He actually...

Is completing 55.1% of his passes, has a 6.9 YPA (Tom Brady is at 7.2), has 2306 passing yards (Brady - 2362), and a passer rating of 82.8.

No mention of his 15 TD's against 7 int's? Shocking!

QB's generally slump in their second year, but instead Sanchez is about 20 points passer rating-wise ahead of where he finished last season. Remember when the trolls used to cite the rookie QB's lack of late game comeback wins? Good times! I guess now that Sanchez is winning every game in the last drive that that one no longer works.

And of course, the thread is about the future and not this year, as made extremely clear to even the most simple minded in the thread's title. The idea is that he's improved significantly in his second season, and has already passed quality 3rd year QB's like Matt Ryan and Joe Flacco, despite his lack of college experience. Hence the high ceiling that he seems to be approaching. He's playing beyond his years buying time with his feet while looking downfield and making plays. Most young QB's just run in those situations, Sanchez is at his best throwing in those spots.

No trolling my a$. :rolleyes:

Just a moment of sanity. I really don't know that I agree that Sanchez has 'passed' Ryan. Ryan's having a pretty damned good year himself right now. Not to take anything away from Sanchez, mind you.

Just a moment of sanity. I really don't know that I agree that Sanchez has 'passed' Ryan. Ryan's having a pretty damned good year himself right now. Not to take anything away from Sanchez, mind you.

Not sure I agree with it, either, I was just referring to the opening post in the thread. ;)

The offense coaches have done an incredible job developing this guy...I know that's sinful to say, but it's just something that goes amazingly ignored on this board. Obviously Sanchez does his part and his work, but no kid just shows up to the NFL knowing what it takes to prepare, to lead, to play...Those guys and the Jets as a whole have put this guy into a position to succeed and it's paid big dividends already.

Hey, they can't develop him if he doesn't have the stuff. This thread is about innate natural talent of which he has plenty.

You stupid bastard, I bet when you go outside people punch you in the mouth everytime you talk, and that's why you're on here all the time.

He doesn't get punched so much .... but they drag him inside for swirlies a lot.

Archived