Defensive players unhappy with Rex

Integrity28

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

post game press conference

I got piss drunk yesterday trying to drown sorrows and dealing with 2 Dolphag fans watching the game in my house, but I dont remember that when I saw the presser after they left. Then again, I think I only saw a 2 minute or so presser, do you have a different one?

Which is weird considering this thread because in the presser that I saw he said the D stepped it up and did better but there was no mention of the thinking about benching Sanchez.

When did he say that?

post game press conference

I could be thinking of something different, but wasn't it more along the lines of answering 'at any point in today's game did you think of benching sanchez' with the response 'ya i thought about it.' I'm pretty sure I've heard him have that same exact response a few times before, most notably last year at buffalo and at new england. I could be mistaken though.

Why not pull Sanchez in games where we can't score with him?

I mean he's not going to feel like his starting job is being threatened, by a 40 year old backup.

It may have helped us win a few of the games we lost, and it may have sparked Sanchez for the next game.

Kind of like pulling your starting goalie, it works wonders sometimes.

We ran plenty. Every first down was a run up the gut for -1 to 3 yards. Same thing for most of the second downs.

A better plan would have been to vary up the running plays if they're going to run every first down, use more Shonn Greene, and also maybe pass a few times on 1st down. If you want to help the QB you run on 3rd down and pass on 1st. If you want to set your QB up to fail you have him pass only on 3rd downs and take him out repeatedly from under center.

LOL! I was being sarcastic.

I cant hear it at work. Thanks, I'll check it when I get home.

I could be thinking of something different, but wasn't it more along the lines of answering 'at any point in today's game did you think of benching sanchez' with the response 'ya i thought about it.' I'm pretty sure I've heard him have that same exact response a few times before, most notably last year at buffalo and at new england. I could be mistaken though.

I think he did last season.

Still, this thread and that press conference are not adding up. Rex said the D stepped up and played a good game. Why would he then go and rip the D in the locker room?

I cant hear it at work. Thanks, I'll check it when I get home.

I think he did last season.

Still, this thread and that press conference are not adding up. Rex said the D stepped up and played a good game. Why would he then go and rip the D in the locker room?

I have to imagine it's just Ellis' frustrations adding up; he's clearly a very emotional player and sometimes when a recorder is stuck in your face something like this will happen. I find it very hard to believe Rex would berate the defense after this, but if he did he was clearly in the wrong. If he did I'm sure he'll let em know they played a good game sometime this week, but it does seem a bit contradictory.

Damn...all this carnage from 2 losses in a row.

If the Jets had lost but played competitively, I don't think all this concern and outcry from the fanbase would be warranted.

But the Jets offense simply did not even show up against the Pats. Same thing against the Dolphins.

It's pathetic when you find yourself praying for a pick-six from your defense because you lost all hope for the offense to score.

If the Jets had lost but played competitively, I don't think all this concern and outcry from the fanbase would be warranted.

But the Jets offense simply did not even show up against the Pats. Same thing against the Dolphins.

It's pathetic when you find yourself praying for a pick-six from your defense because you lost all hope for the offense to score.

Im pathetic then cause I hoped for 1 all game yesterday.

TBH The Jets players and coaches should have just kept an even keel all season. dont get too high when you're winning and dont get too low when you're losing. it seems they're taking both to the extremes now. and the fall is that much harder after you've been pumping your chest all season about a pink elephant..lol

Absolutely. Things would not be so bleak if the team had been quiet after last seasons suprise run.

9-4 and in the drivers seat for a play-off birth would not be bad at all if fans had not bought into the "we're the best team in the league BS". I understand those type statements are part of instilling confidence in your team and selling tickets but we have been smoke and mirrors since the Bills game and are lucky we are not 5-8. One has to wonder if the players and staff bought into that hype.

The bigger issue is the problems that surfaced during the smoke and mirror wins have not been corrected. Offensive line suddenly cannot protect our QB as well as it had been. Our QB looks as bad as he ever has during his two seasons. Our running game disappears for entire games. We don't and can't trust our FG kicker. Our WR's seem to have a case of the drops in big spots. Now we can add to those issues the fact that we appear completely unprepared for big games.

Must suck a little to be an offensive player on a team that's coached like this; Rex basically tells them all the time that the defense is more important than they are, and he doesn't expect them to have the same success even though we arguably have more talent on offense than we do on defense right now. The message he's constantly sending seems to be, "you're not that important, just don't lose the game for the defense by turning it over." Maybe if Rex knew anything about offense and had higher expectations for it, some of the sh*t would get corrected.

Or you can look at it as his way of sending a subtle message to Sch!TTY and the offensive unit in general. If the D was called out even though they did a tremendous job, what does thAt say about the O?

You gotta remember that the Jets front office bent over backwards to keep Sh!tty. So there is a lot of politics that are going on behind the scenes that we will never know about. Personally, I think Rex is dying to make a change but his hands are tied. remember, he brought on Cavanagh - not Sh!tty. Remember the stories about the confrontation between Rex and Sh!tty after the 1st game. There is a lot of things that go on behind the scenes and in the world of politics, lots get said with intended messages that may not be visible to the public.

Or you can look at it as his way of sending a subtle message to Sch!Tty and the offensive unit in general. If the D was called out even though they did a tremendous job, what does thAt say about the O?

You gotta remember that the Jets front office bent over backwards to keep Sh!tty. So there is a lot of politics that are going on behind the scenes that we will never know about. Personally, I think Rex is dying to make a change but his hands are tied. remember, he brought on Cavanagh - not Sh!tty. Remember the stories about the confrontation between Rex and Sh!tty after the 1st game. There is a lot of things that go on behind the scenes and in the world of politics, lots get said with intended messages that may not be visible to the public.

Or you can look at it as his way of sending a subtle message to Sch!Tty and the offensive unit in general. If the D was called out even though they did a tremendous job, what does thAt say about the O?

It's hard to know how much of this is true, but I have alluded to this in the past as well. You kind of get the feeling Woody really likes Schitty, and Woody is a ******* idiot. He is the poster child for lack of upward social mobility and the silver spoon economy.

It may be a blessing for everyone that gets out of here. We are now the Oakland Raiders East. And not even the current Raiders that are good, but the ones from 3 years ago. This franchise will never get anywhere with Woody as the owner if he truly won't let his HCs pick their coordinators, and there is a lot of circumstantial evidence of this being the case. I don't think Mangini wanted either doofus he was stuck with either.

It's hard to know how much of this is true, but I have alluded to this in the past as well. You kind of get the feeling Woody really likes Schitty, and Woody is a ******* idiot. He is the poster child for lack of upward social mobility and the silver spoon economy.

It may be a blessing for everyone that gets out of here. We are now the Oakland Raiders East. And not even the current Raiders that are good, but the ones from 3 years ago. This franchise will never get anywhere with Woody as the owner if he truly won't let his HCs pick their coordinators, and there is a lot of circumstantial evidence of this being the case. I don't think Mangini wanted either doofus he was stuck with either.

I'm calling B.S. If Woody was so in love with Schitty, than why didnt he promote him to HC after Mangini?

Archived