they're just not a championship team

neckdemon

Uhhh yeah... they didn't win a championship. So like the previous poster said, obv. they weren't a championship team. How their performance, beating two hall of fame QBs back to back on the road is not impressive is beyond me. And, you could just as well say it about the Steelers... the Jets made halftime adjustments that worked, and the Steelers were no shows for the second half. Did they score a single point in the 2nd half? I don't think so.

you wanna trey to make that sh*t performance look better be my guest. i give them a big fat stinking F for that game. i dont give a sh*t if they came out and almost mad eit game in the 2nd half. that first half of play might just be the worst i'v ever seen a team play in the afc championship game. they flat out sucked dick and i'm not giving them a pass because they showed up for the 2nd half. in the end they lost...an dthey lost because they were completely abused for an entire 30 minutes of football. they weren't ready to play. and how the **** are you not ready to play in the afc championship game?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You don't see anything wrong? Not even a little something? The Jets were underdogs? Don't you think Vegas wishes they didn't **** that up? Since you love favorites so much, the Packers were a whopping 2.5 over the Steelers. I never said the Packers were no good. I said I thought the AFC was stronger. I'm not even sure I was wrong, but I'll eat crow there if it makes you feel better. I actually took the Pack in the game for what it's worth. You seemed to think the Raiders, Chiefs and Colts would all make it to the second round and still don't see what's wrong with your post.

How would both the Raiders and Chiefs make it into the playoffs at the same time? That doesn't even make any sense.

You were mentioning who would be favorites, and I gave it to you. You discounted the NFC, and I told you I thought the NFC was better. But most importantly, and not only in this thread, plenty of people discounted the Pack, while I had considered them the best team in the league late in the year. I expected the Pats to lose and not make it to the AFCC.

Anyways, I mostly bumped this to bust your balls a bit. People always bump threads but I almost never do this type of thing, and since it's the offseason, I figured what the hell. It wasn't just this board, very few people took me seriously when I picked the Pack towards mid/late of the season. I guess I was a little annoyed, and this was the only post I could remember. Obviously I can't post work comments, they would have been spoken.

Still, I think you and I both want to see the Jets win and don't care about the other teams. But what are we going to do all off-season on here?

listen....my point is that a team that can win a championship doesn't have a half like that against an opponent in the championship game. they just flat out got dominated....and looked like boys among men out there. this years team most def can not win a championship. i know it's hard to go on a 3 game run on the road and win it. but they were completely outclassed that whole first half. it was embarrassing how bad they actually were.

Your point is they didn't win, so you are right. Of course teams that have bad playoff games don't win titles. Nobody thought the Jets were favorites, just that they had a shot. They took out the 1 seed. They had a shot. For the record the Colts were humiliated in the first half against the Pats the year they won, but that's a different kind of team. I don't understand how you can be so embarrassed when you don't think they were that good in the first place. It's not like the team that won is such a lock. The Packers were probably as unlikely to win as the Jets going into the playoffs. Especially if the NFC was truly the stronger conference. It had to at least be close.

Your point is they didn't win, so you are right. Of course teams that have bad playoff games don't win titles. Nobody thought the Jets were favorites, just that they had a shot. They took out the 1 seed. They had a shot. For the record the Colts were humiliated in the first half against the Pats the year they won, but that's a different kind of team. I don't understand how you can be so embarrassed when you don't think they were that good in the first place. It's not like the team that won is such a lock. The Packers were probably as unlikely to win as the Jets going into the playoffs. Especially if the NFC was truly the stronger conference. It had to at least be close.

i never said i didn't think they were good. and whether i thought they were good or not. i never expected them to comeout and get dominated that ******* badly. they looked like they didn't even deserve to be on the field. i'm not embarrassed at all.....but they should be. and the difference is the colts came back and won that game. the jets didn't.

Of the last 10 SBs, the NFC won 4, and the AFC cheated on 3 of them. If not for the cheating maybe it's 7 NFC wins. I certainly refuse to count the 3 cheating wins at any rate. So I'll be generous and put it at 4-3 for the NFC.

During regular season games the AFC does usually win, but that's hard to really use because nobody really cares about the bad teams. It should really only matter who wins for the playoff teams vs other playoff teams inter-conference. I don't have the numbers and even Sperm is probably too lazy to bother with this, but I'd imagine it's roughly even with the home team winning at a better rate.

How would both the Raiders and Chiefs make it into the playoffs at the same time? That doesn't even make any sense.

You were mentioning who would be favorites, and I gave it to you. You discounted the NFC, and I told you I thought the NFC was better. But most importantly, and not only in this thread, plenty of people discounted the Pack, while I had considered them the best team in the league late in the year. I expected the Pats to lose and not make it to the AFCC.

Anyways, I mostly bumped this to bust your balls a bit. People always bump threads but I almost never do this type of thing, and since it's the offseason, I figured what the hell. It wasn't just this board, very few people took me seriously when I picked the Pack towards mid/late of the season. I guess I was a little annoyed, and this was the only post I could remember. Obviously I can't post work comments, they would have been spoken.

Still, I think you and I both want to see the Jets win and don't care about the other teams. But what are we going to do all off-season on here?

I call bullsh*t.

I didn't discount the NFC. You said the AFC was much weaker. With interleague play it was fairly easy to see that was false. You said the Pats were the class of the AFC, but now you say you expected them to lose.

I don't give a sh*t that you bumped it. I'm not going to cry when somebody proves me wrong, but you were the one making the definitive statements. For some reason you seemed to think the horrific AFC west was strong enough that the Raiders and Chiefs would both beat the Jets along with the Colts. You said that the Steelers and Ravens were barely better than the Jets. I wouldn't bump a thread like that without expecting crap for it. You gave me sh*t, now you're getting it back. Isn't that what you want all offseason or do you want to look at more picture of Mark's unmade bed?

Of the last 10 SBs, the NFC won 4, and the AFC cheated on 3 of them. If not for the cheating maybe it's 7 NFC wins. I certainly refuse to count the 3 cheating wins at any rate. So I'll be generous and put it at 4-3 for the NFC.

During regular season games the AFC does usually win, but that's hard to really use because nobody really cares about the bad teams. It should really only matter who wins for the playoff teams vs other playoff teams inter-conference. I don't have the numbers and even Sperm is probably too lazy to bother with this, but I'd imagine it's roughly even with the home team winning at a better rate.

How did the AFC cheat?

Objectively I think you are nuts.

The Jets have to be underdogs to the Steelers? Why? The Raiders? Get bent. They will twist the Raiders into pretzels. Chiefs too. IMO the AFC is stronger than the NFC. Baltimore kicked the crap out of NO. The Steelers lost to the Saints, but beat the Falcons. Packers lost to the Pats and 'phins and barely beat the Jets. Philadelphia was absolutely bitchslapped by the Titans. The Pats are the class of the league, but I don't care why we lost, other than the Pats we haven't been smacked around like the Titans 37-19 against the Eagles. They didn't shoot themselves in the foot, they blew their whole ******* leg off.

Why use imagination? I gave you the games of the top teams interleague the first time. That was my point in the first place. I had to edit in that it was the Titans that demolished the Eagles. In a league where teams go from great to sh*t and back in a season or two the 10 year super bowl record is a lame way to judge. Might as well use the pro bowl.

I call bullsh*t.

I didn't discount the NFC. You said the AFC was much weaker. With interleague play it was fairly easy to see that was false. You said the Pats were the class of the AFC, but now you say you expected them to lose.

I don't give a sh*t that you bumped it. I'm not going to cry when somebody proves me wrong, but you were the one making the definitive statements. For some reason you seemed to think the horrific AFC west was strong enough that the Raiders and Chiefs would both beat the Jets along with the Colts. You said that the Steelers and Ravens were barely better than the Jets. I wouldn't bump a thread like that without expecting crap for it. You gave me sh*t, now you're getting it back. Isn't that what you want all offseason or do you want to look at more picture of Mark's unmade bed?

There is a difference between expected wins and setting the books. You don't mention a favorite and then just go back and say so and so won so they were a favorite. That is retarded. You set a line based on what a reasonably educated guess would put a better team on paper.

The Jets were underdogs in every single game. They probably would have been underdogs to the Chiefs and Raiders as well, because those teams would have had the home game, and the home team is generally favored because it is one of the factors. The Jets also could easily have lost to the Chiefs, as Arrowhead is hell to play in. The Ravens took care of that problem, but look at what happened to the Saints at Qwest.

The Pats on paper were the #1 seed and the best team. You yourself claimed they were in a class above everyone else. On paper, I had them at favorites.

But on paper doesn't mean something will happen. In reality I expected them to lose at some point before the SB. I had mentioned this, and even agreed with IJ who said the Jets would win in the playoffs against the Pats. But the Jets were clearly the on paper underdogs. If you knew the Jets would win so much you should have bet on them, since it'd be easy money for you, but I digress.

The Packers were favored in the SB. I suspect those other NFC teams I mentioned would have been favorites as well. The only AFC team that would have been favored over those 4 teams is the Pats.

I'm not sure where you are misunderstanding things, but hopefully that clears things up for you. For the record I don't care about getting "sh*t" myself. The NFC won as I expected and was favored. The Steelers beat the Jets in the re-match. What I expected happened. What I expected to be the lines on paper also occurred.

Obviously I would have preferred the Jets to win but they didn't. They were not good enough. They need home games, and to be better prepared. Maybe in 2012, since 2011 won't have football.

The Jets blew up the Pats in a playoff game. The season was a huge success at that point, IMO.

thats the problem. we are so used to mediocrity and watching the pats sh*t on us that we beat the pats once in the play-offs and alot of people consider it a huge success. it wad fun to watch. but in the end didn't mean much since we came into pittsburgh and looked like we didn't belong there. it was a good season.....i enjoyed it......right up until the part where they didn't even put up a fight against the steelers in the firts half. i never expected this team to go into a game like that looking completely unprepared to play. what was it exactly that bart scott couldn't wait for? mendenhall to run through them like they were barely there?

thats the problem. we are so used to mediocrity and watching the pats sh*t on us that we beat the pats once in the play-offs and alot of people consider it a huge success. it wad fun to watch. but in the end didn't mean much since we came into pittsburgh and looked like we didn't belong there. it was a good season.....i enjoyed it......right up until the part where they didn't even put up a fight against the steelers in the firts half. i never expected this team to go into a game like that looking completely unprepared to play. what was it exactly that bart scott couldn't wait for? mendenhall to run through them like they were barely there?

It sucks, but as a fan what can you do? Teams come out flat. These guys haven't been Jets for 40 years...for as much as they can be informed of the Jets crappy history, they havent lived it like us.

Yeah..but that's the SOJ for you. Only the Jets will fail to show up in Championship games like that. How do you not get up to play these games? It really looked like none of them wanted to be there.

you called this team mediocre... wrong

Eh. They had just come off of playing two highly-charged emotional games on the road against iconic QBs and simply ran out of gas. That Sanchez played well (for the most part), and the team wasn't freaked out in those spots was a great, huge sign, IMO. The team matured in those three games and got caught with a right hook from the opening whistle against Pitt. That they took them to the end is also a great sign.

jets proved this thread right imo. they cameinto the championship game and didn't even compete at all in the first half. thney came out with absolutely no sense of urgency and got manhandled. sure they made it a game in the 2nd half. but in the end couldn get a key stop to give the offense one more chance. are they a goo dteam? yep. but they aren't a championship team so far. championship teams don't have first half performances in the afc championship game like the jets had. it was disgraceful. if anything is slapdick it was the jets first half play in that game. and their first quarter play all ******* season long.

So. What does that have to do with next season when they win the Super Bowl.

The Packers were bounced from the Playoffs last year. The Steelers didnt even make it to the playoffs, with Ben for 16 full games. The premise of this thread is ridiculous, and I'm not trying to be a dick. The Jets were the only team in both conferences to make it to the final 4 from last season.

Its year 2 in a new system, a new culture, and a baby QB. This team should be coming into its own, and it will. Rex is bringing this team a SB.

There is a difference between expected wins and setting the books. You don't mention a favorite and then just go back and say so and so won so they were a favorite. That is retarded. You set a line based on what a reasonably educated guess would put a better team on paper.

The Jets were underdogs in every single game. They probably would have been underdogs to the Chiefs and Raiders as well, because those teams would have had the home game, and the home team is generally favored because it is one of the factors. The Jets also could easily have lost to the Chiefs, as Arrowhead is hell to play in. The Ravens took care of that problem, but look at what happened to the Saints at Qwest.

The Pats on paper were the #1 seed and the best team. You yourself claimed they were in a class above everyone else. On paper, I had them at favorites.

But on paper doesn't mean something will happen. In reality I expected them to lose at some point before the SB. I had mentioned this, and even agreed with IJ who said the Jets would win in the playoffs against the Pats. But the Jets were clearly the on paper underdogs. If you knew the Jets would win so much you should have bet on them, since it'd be easy money for you, but I digress.

The Packers were favored in the SB. I suspect those other NFC teams I mentioned would have been favorites as well. The only AFC team that would have been favored over those 4 teams is the Pats.

I'm not sure where you are misunderstanding things, but hopefully that clears things up for you. For the record I don't care about getting "sh*t" myself. The NFC won as I expected and was favored. The Steelers beat the Jets in the re-match. What I expected happened. What I expected to be the lines on paper also occurred.

Obviously I would have preferred the Jets to win but they didn't. They were not good enough. They need home games, and to be better prepared. Maybe in 2012, since 2011 won't have football.

I misunderstand? Your argument is all over the map.

You were the one that put stock in the Vegas line, not me. FWIW, the Jets should have been favored over the Colts, Chiefs and Raiders and there is no way the Raiders would have been favored. I agree the Pats should have been favored. They were, on paper, the best team in the league, just as the Falcons were the class of the NFC. That's the point.

Keep patting yourself on the back because "what you expected to happen, happened" when you said outright that the Jets WOULD NOT BEAT THE COLTS. They pounded the Colts because the Jets are the better team. They should have been favored. Complaining that they didn't get a home game is like complaining that before the 2004 playoffs the Red Sox weren't a championship team because they finished behind the Yankees. They were still better than all the other teams and they ended up winning.

Every year you can stand up and say "the Jets won't win!" because the odds are against them. Then you can bump posts and say you were right, but the odds are against everybody. You "knew" the Pats would lose, but would any of your arguments about the Jets not being championship ready apply to them? They all applied the Packers who you "expected to win". It's about getting hot at the right time. The Packers did, the Jets couldn't sustain it.

FWIW, I did put my "easy" money on the Jets vs. the Colts. If they had played the Chiefs or Raiders I'd have put a ton. I didn't bet the other two games because I honestly didn't believe the Jets should have been favored.

Same old Jets fans. The only two choices are not mediocrity and winning the super bowl. You were happy until you weren't. How many years did Steelers fans feel that way about Cowher? How long was Peyton Manning a choker? The answer isn't to whine and start over like those idiots in San Diego, it's to enjoy the ride and wait and pray for the magical run. There a lot of good teams, but it still takes magic to be the one that wins the super bowl.

Same old Jets fans. The only two choices are not mediocrity and winning the super bowl. You were happy until you weren't. How many years did Steelers fans feel that way about Cowher? How long was Peyton Manning a choker? The answer isn't to whine and start over like those idiots in San Diego, it's to enjoy the ride and wait and pray for the magical run. There a lot of good teams, but it still takes magic to be the one that wins the super bowl.

The whole premise of this thread is ridiculous. Were the Packers a Championship team last year?

sorry but you don't get to the conference championship by accident. They are championship team. Do you appreciate how difficult it is to win in the NFL. I dare you to name a league that is as competitive as the NFL.

The Jets need to tweak a few things, but they are definitely capable of winning the superbowl

sorry but you don't get to the conference championship by accident. They are championship team. Do you appreciate how difficult it is to win in the NFL. I dare you to name a league that is as competitive as the NFL.

The Jets need to tweak a few things, but they are definitely capable of winning the superbowl

you don't get to the championship game and play that badly if you belonged there. sorry but the jets are good......but they aren't capable of winning a superbowl as is. maybe they will be next year...hell i hope they are.

What is this supposed to mean? Do you think other leagues have 10 champions a year or something? It's tough to win in anything when there's money because the level of competition is so high.

Do you honestly think it's easy to win in Golf? Tennis? Every high level competition is difficult to win in.

People and teams do win though. Some more often than others. The Steelers can say they're a championship team because they've won it. I don't know how you can say you're a championship team when you haven't won anything since '69, and I'm a Jets fan!

Are the Raiders a championship team? The Ravens?

That was just me being facetious as a Sanchez homer. You can find other posts going back 2 seasons where I post that Rodgers is a top QB in the NFL. I had him on fantasy 2 years ago and he did really well for me.

But then this entire thread is like that, so I suppose I have to tip my hat to you for pulling that up.

/tips hat

That was just me being facetious as a Sanchez homer. You can find other posts going back 2 seasons where I post that Rodgers is a top QB in the NFL. I had him on fantasy 2 years ago and he did really well for me.

But then this entire thread is like that, so I suppose I have to tip my hat to you for pulling that up.

/tips hat

lol... i saw you responded in my notifcation and i was all ready to admit to being an ahole..

You dont fluke your way into 2 championship games in a row. Thats a sign of something. Thats being a legit contender. Year after year the Colts would get bouned in that game yet they were always considered a championship caliber team. The Pats havent even sniffed a playoff win in 3 years yet they are considered a championship caliber team. Bill Cowher, Tony Dungy, etc...all somehow became these near legendary coaches by always falling short and then becoming legends because they finally won one. If this holds true for all these teams why not the Jets? They need to be more consistent in the regular season and I can even see questioning them at the end of week 17, but once they beat the Pats I think they legitimized the franchise.

The possibility of us missing the playoffs next year scares the hell out of me. Not because I see it happening, but because this fanbase is insane. They are not satiated by anything but a Superbowl. I get it, but you're grading the Jets by the past 42 years instead of the past TWO years which is really what matters now - Rex and Mark - 2 years, 4 playoff wins.

The possibility of us missing the playoffs next year scares the hell out of me. Not because I see it happening, but because this fanbase is insane. They are not satiated by anything but a Superbowl. I get it, but you're grading the Jets by the past 42 years instead of the past TWO years which is really what matters now - Rex and Mark - 2 years, 4 playoff wins.

You're 28 years old. I have been watching Jet futility since before you were born. as have a lot of Jets fans. 41 years is a long ******* time dude.

You're 28 years old. I have been watching Jet futility since before you were born. as have a lot of Jets fans. 41 years is a long ******* time dude.

Yep, but getting impatient because we are going to die soon doesn't help. Steinbrenner tried that and it didn't work until he laid off a little. Enjoy the ride and when they finally break through hopefully we will still have our memory.

You dont fluke your way into 2 championship games in a row. Thats a sign of something. Thats being a legit contender. Year after year the Colts would get bouned in that game yet they were always considered a championship caliber team. The Pats havent even sniffed a playoff win in 3 years yet they are considered a championship caliber team. Bill Cowher, Tony Dungy, etc...all somehow became these near legendary coaches by always falling short and then becoming legends because they finally won one. If this holds true for all these teams why not the Jets? They need to be more consistent in the regular season and I can even see questioning them at the end of week 17, but once they beat the Pats I think they legitimized the franchise.

the pats win the division pretty much every year for the last decade, and have won 3 superbowls in that time. the colts win their division almost every year and have won a superbowl recently. those 2 teams also have 2 of the best qb's to ever play the game......thats why they are legitimate championship caliber teams. the jets haven't won the division since they did it on the 3rd tiebreaker during a 9-7 season. the jets also haven't played in a superbowl since the 60's. the jets just go to the championship game and didn't bother to actually compete for half of the game. sorry but you can't put the jets in the elite tier of teams that the pats and colts reside in right now....they just haven't proven that they belong there. yet. they are in the tier right below them. almost there, but not quite yet.

Maybe so.

But, barring the invention of a time machine, stoicentry is right. What the Jets are doing right now is all that matters.

I get it. Trust me, I get it.

I know I'm only 28, but technically speaking, I think it's impossible to be a bigger LOSER than I am when it comes to NY Sports. I will put my record as a loser up against yours any day.

My teams are the Jets, Mets, Knicks and Islanders. So, think about it this way: I've been a fan since about age 9 or 10... which would put it at 1992. The Isles won when I was 2, Mets won when I was 4. But since I've been a fan, it's been 19 years of losing. 19X4 = 76 seasons without a championship! SEVENTY SIX!

Even for those sad souls like me who root for all 4 of the same teams, chances are they are either older (and thus have seen any of the 4 win at least once, if not more than once) or younger (and thus less total seasons).

Therefore, I'm qualified to speak here because I am a GIGANTIC LOSER. No one matches my LOSER-NESS.

And what I am telling you is this. Throw out the years before 2009. They don't affect anything now. Now it is all about this dynasty with Rex and Mark. They have had 2 seasons, and their record is a whopping 24-14 with 4 of those being playoff games. That is all that matters now. We are headed places. Rex and Mark will change this franchise forever and make us winners. Hell, they have already made us winners... no championship yet but look what they have done. Ask players which teams they would like to play for and chances are we are in the top 5 all the time. It's a new dawn and a new day.

you don't get to the championship game and play that badly if you belonged there. sorry but the jets are good......but they aren't capable of winning a superbowl as is. maybe they will be next year...hell i hope they are.

Have you come to realize how ridiculous this thread is yet? Seriously. You're not a champion, until you are a champion. The fact the Jets were the only team from either conference to return to the final 4, means that they are very much a championship caliber team that hasnt had the magical season yet. Many players and teams go through a similar process. The miracle over night teams ala the Patriots...are rare and flat out, never happen. They are just as capable of winning a SB, if not more than every team in the NFL.

the pats win the division pretty much every year for the last decade, and have won 3 superbowls in that time. the colts win their division almost every year and have won a superbowl recently. those 2 teams also have 2 of the best qb's to ever play the game......thats why they are legitimate championship caliber teams. the jets haven't won the division since they did it on the 3rd tiebreaker during a 9-7 season. the jets also haven't played in a superbowl since the 60's. the jets just go to the championship game and didn't bother to actually compete for half of the game. sorry but you can't put the jets in the elite tier of teams that the pats and colts reside in right now....they just haven't proven that they belong there. yet. they are in the tier right below them. almost there, but not quite yet.

This season was the first season that Aaron Rodgers won a playoff game. Were they a championship team last year when they go bounced round 1? Were they a championship team when they entered the playoffs as the 6 seed who obviously didnt win their division? Were the Bears a championship team since they won the division that has the the current SB champs?

How can you not put the Jets in an elite team category if they were the only team to return to the final 4? Hello. No other team did that. lol. Those 2 bad a$$ teams with HOF QB's...lost to the Jets in the playoffs.

Your rational is beyond ridiculous. Sorry. But you dont make any sense whatsoever right now. Which is surprising because you are usually very rational.

I get it. Trust me, I get it.

I know I'm only 28, but technically speaking, I think it's impossible to be a bigger LOSER than I am when it comes to NY Sports. I will put my record as a loser up against yours any day.

My teams are the Jets, Mets, Knicks and Islanders. So, think about it this way: I've been a fan since about age 9 or 10... which would put it at 1992. The Isles won when I was 2, Mets won when I was 4. But since I've been a fan, it's been 19 years of losing. 19X4 = 76 seasons without a championship! SEVENTY SIX!

Even for those sad souls like me who root for all 4 of the same teams, chances are they are either older (and thus have seen any of the 4 win at least once, if not more than once) or younger (and thus less total seasons).

Therefore, I'm qualified to speak here because I am a GIGANTIC LOSER. No one matches my LOSER-NESS.

And what I am telling you is this. Throw out the years before 2009. They don't affect anything now. Now it is all about this dynasty with Rex and Mark. They have had 2 seasons, and their record is a whopping 24-14 with 4 of those being playoff games. That is all that matters now. We are headed places. Rex and Mark will change this franchise forever and make us winners. Hell, they have already made us winners... no championship yet but look what they have done. Ask players which teams they would like to play for and chances are we are in the top 5 all the time. It's a new dawn and a new day.

+ 1, I'm 3 years older than you and share the same professional sports misery. I'm anxiously awaiting another championship that I barely remember from the Mets. I was just old enough to remember watching it with my family and seeing my father go from cursing like a Pirate to throwing me in the air in celebration after Buckner.

I'm antsy. I want the Jets to win since they are my favorite team by far on the planet but I can take solace and find patience in knowing that the right people in charge finally and it will come. I've never said that before about the Jets...ever.

Archived