Playoff Surprises

Smashmouth

Do you think we will see some new wrinkles in the playoffs ? if so what do you think the Jets will throw at the opposition ?

On Defense --I have a feeling we will see more 4-3 alignments in the playoffs with Taylor and Pace as DE and Shawn Ellis, Pouha, Divito and Pryce in a DT rotation to keep them fresh. Its time for Taylor to go all in, we kept him relitively fresh all season. We have to get a pass rush going, everyone except the Bills seems to be able to pick up our blitzes I think its time for a slight adjustment.

On Offense -- I would like to see us run the ball exclusively with Shonn Greene like we did last year and mix in LT for maybe 5 to 7 carries and and I would also like to see some alignments with them both in the backfield to keep the defense guessing. i would also like to see Joe McKnight catch some passes in the flat in some one on one situations and see what his speed can do.

If anything the above 2 ideas can confuse the other team,

i would also like to see Joe McKnight catch some passes in the flat in some one on one situations and see what his speed can do.

If anything the above 2 ideas can confuse the other team,

That is the exact play that the Bills got the TD on. McKnight looks confident as a receiver. Why don't Jets RBs ever run a wheel route? I understood with Jones and Greene last year - they couldn't catch, but why not now?

can't we be a little more serious ?? I mean really guys this is the freakin playoffs now...... you know , the new season where we all start out 0-0. You have to think the Jets have some tricks up their sleaves if they dont I for one will be very dissapointed and very surprised.

can't we be a little more serious ?? I mean really guys this is the freakin playoffs now...... you know , the new season where we all start out 0-0. You have to think the Jets have some tricks up their sleaves if they dont I for one will be very dissapointed and very surprised.

Defense - Gholston as safety

Offense - Dbrick as TE

That is the exact play that the Bills got the TD on. McKnight looks confident as a receiver. Why don't Jets RBs ever run a wheel route? I understood with Jones and Greene last year - they couldn't catch, but why not now?

It's better if they run into the flat (or wherever their checkdown position is) and then stand perfectly still every time. Much better.

Sorry

Smash. Seriously, I think you will see more of what we did last year in the play offs, run the ball and control the clock. The surprise will be when Sanchez throws the ball during play action he will do it with much improved consistency. SURPRISE BIITCHES!!!!

On defense we will surprise them by actually getting to the

QB and pressuring him. Yes their will be pressure. SURPRISE BITTCCHES!!!!

They've run it with LT this year a couple times.

It never did work though.

You will be very disappointed and very surprised if you aren't surprised?

They've run it with LT this year a couple times.

It never did work though.

Is this one of the things that you see at the game and not on TV, or did I just miss it?

Just run Greene between the tackles. The Colts are too quick to run wide on. D'Brick and Hunter/Woody should be able to maul their smallish DEs.

On defense I'd like to see a lot of zone blitzing. Our linemen don't get much penetration anyway, so have them take turns at dropping off and getting in Manning's throwing lanes while Harris and Scott come up the middle. Try to move Manning out of the pocket where he is not as good.

I have been as critical as anyone with our team this year but now its time to be positive I should have worded my OP differently . Its possible the Jets will just use the same crap they have been using all season so what changes do YOU think they should make to confuse the other team :P

I have been as critical as anyone with our team this year but now its time to be positive I should have worded my OP differently . Its possible the Jets will just use the same crap they have been using all season so what changes do YOU think they should make to confuse the other team :P

How about Rex tells Pettine to take a step back and calls all the defensive plays himself.

OK, now this is different.

Defense - they should, start Revis as OLB. Since he cant get a INT, maybe he can get a sack. They should also start Gholston as CB, since he cant get a sack, maybe he can get an INT. I would try Brad Smith at safety, he does everything else well. And the terminator should be used at ILB, guys a thumper.

Offense - they should start Mark Brunnell over the Southern Cali Mexi Homo Model QB. Its clear how much more of the playbook Schotty is able to use with a real QB. Play Sanchez as WR, did you see HardKnocks? Kids got the best hands on the team. Then I would run the TRichcat with Cole as his option. Did you see how good he was with the ball in hands yesterday?

SURPRISE BITCHES!!!

OK, now this is different.

Defense - they should, start Revis as OLB. Since he cant get a INT, maybe he can get a sack. They should also start Gholston as CB, since he cant get a sack, maybe he can get an INT. I would try Brad Smith at safety, he does everything else well. And the terminator should be used at ILB, guys a thumper.

Offense - they should start Mark Brunnell over the Southern Cali Mexi Homo Model QB. Its clear how much more of the playbook Schotty is able to use with a real QB. Play Sanchez as WR, did you see HardKnocks? Kids got the best hands on the team. Then I would run the TRichcat with Cole as his option. Did you see how good he was with the ball in hands yesterday?

SURPRISE BITCHES!!!

JiF your an internet tough guy :blink:

You know damn well Joe McKnight is the best corner on the freakin team.

JiF your an internet tough guy :blink:

You know damn well Joe McKnight is the best corner on the freakin team.

Joe McKnight- is the secret weapon. Rex has been hiding him in his bedroom closet saving him for moments like this week.

Terminator- should play both ways like the big strong kid with a mustache on everyones Pop Warner team.

Calvin Pace- Well rested and drinking 5 hour energy with his pot smoking to prevent tiredness. He will haunt Peyton.

No one will see this coming SURPRISES BIITCVHES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't want them getting cute, particularly on offense. They came out in the no-huddle against NE and had their worst performance of the season. They had good gameplans against Pittsburgh and Chicago (on offense), and should stick to throwing patterns that have a high success rate. I expect Greene to be the starting RB, and I expect to see very little -if any- of Joe McKnight. I wish they got him involved in the offense weeks ago, but it's getting a little late to get him involved much in the playoffs. I think he's demonstrated that he can be trusted in a backup role, though. That's a major plus.

Jets need to score points against Indy. Having Sanchez in a shootout with Peyton Manning does not bode well for the Jets, but that's likely what we're going to have.

The Jets defense has not been dominant this year, but they have been good. They just need to play their game. They need to stuff whatever running game Indy tries to produce, and be creative in their blitzes. They need to send guys at Manning from every direction, without having to send everyone. It was good to rest the starting CB's against Buffalo, and get all the nickel and dime guys a full game's experience. They'll be glad to have that in their back pockets this week.

Archived