Mark Sanchez: Winningest QB in Jets Postseason history

Greenranger

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First QB in franchise history to win postseason games in back-to-back years.

Only Jet QB to win 3 playoff road games.

Only Jet QB to with a playoff game with a 4th quarter comeback.

He's 24. The haters like Aten, DBatesman, Kleckinau, Jif, etc. can lament his presence but the Jets aren't getting rid of him. Rex, Schitty (or any other OC), and the coaching staff will do everything they can for him to improve his game.

This is a win business it will be hard for Rex and Tanny to look at Sanchez as anything but a winner. That's NFL reality.

I see we've moved from giving Sanchez credit for playing well enough to win games we didn't actually win to labeling him "a winner" for playing poorly enough to lose a game we didn't actually lose.

Sanchez just played in, and won, his 52nd game after leaving Mission Viejo HIGH SCHOOL. How many games after HS was it before any QB currently enshrined in Canton wasn't making big mistakes and playing inconsistently? Let alone being 3-1 in post season play-offs. I'm guessing 75 - triple digits.

He's frustrating as hell, gets geeked out there a lot, but has had the stones to pull it together for a victory drive now on many occasions. The consistency will come. Saying he doesn't have the goods is real short sighted.

I'm just glad Braylon Edwards has mad ups. That jump and catch to get us the short feel goal was amazing.

Yeah Crush, but I still cringe when I think of Sanchez thinking to himself at the snap "ok... I've got to throw this one high..."

I see we've moved from giving Sanchez credit for playing well enough to win games we didn't actually win to labeling him "a winner" for playing poorly enough to lose a game we didn't actually lose.

I see you're infatuated with moral losses and moral victories.

First QB in franchise history to win postseason games in back-to-back years.

Only Jet QB to win 3 playoff road games.

Only Jet QB to with a playoff game with a 4th quarter comeback.

He's 24. The haters like Aten, DBatesman, Kleckinau, Jif, etc. can lament his presence but the Jets aren't getting rid of him. Rex, Schitty (or any other OC), and the coaching staff will do everything they can for him to improve his game.

This is a win business it will be hard for Rex and Tanny to look at Sanchez as anything but a winner. That's NFL reality.

Please...he's awful. A good Qb and that game isnt even close.

I'm thrilled he doesnt get jilted by the big moment, but he's awful.

Weak.

When Sancho wins 2 SB's he will be the most winning Jet playoff QB.

That's just stupid.

Sanchez wins ONE SB and he'll be the most winning Jet playoff QB by your standard. Namath only has 2 playoff victories. Sanchez doesn't need to win 2 titles to surpass Namath.

So you are saying he's not necessarily permanently awful, got it. :P

Maybe. I personally think we've seen what you're going to get from Sanchez in terms of overall ability, but he can definitely get better at learning the game to where he isnt as awful as he is right now.

Lets hope that happens during this week and we see a different product against the Pats because that effort, will not be enough to beat them.

Maybe. I personally think we've seen what you're going to get from Sanchez in terms of overall ability, but he can definitely get better at learning the game to where he isnt as awful as he is right now.

Lets hope that happens during this week and we see a different product against the Pats because that effort, will not be enough to beat them.

I agree, and I think he gets better with time.

He only had 16 college games under his belt, and he's made great strides in 2 seasons.

For who, Mark? That might be a good idea. His little petite fragile body is probably better off in that sport. He clearly isnt very good at Football.

No, for you. You're focusing on artistic merit rather than bottom line

If you can't see that it was a mechanical flaw last night then I don't know what else to say. He was consistently high on his throws. That's like a wild pitcher.

Last, Sanchez is 6'2" and 225 lbs. I wouldn't call that petite and fragile. That's about the size of the chicks you date.

It is kinda funny today how people remember things. At the half last night, people were ready to kill Sanchez. Some would have even advocated bringing in Brunell. But today, he's being referred to (here and other sites) as elite, probably a top-ten QB next season, Montana-esque. No one runs as hot and cold as a Jets fan.

This is just dumb. Based on what? He's in the 2nd year in the NFL and improved off his first year? Why do you think that he's reached his peak already? A 2nd yr player can't get better. It makes no sense.

I think it's you they want to get rid of. Haters gonna hate. ;)

Seriously, way too often Sanchez just blows horribly until the last possession when we must score or walk away without the W. But if he's got to pick one possession to show up that would be the one I'd choose. There are plenty of (generally thought to be) better QB's who are the exact opposite.

Exactly. Sanchez is pretty much the Anti-Chad. And you know what, while I'd much rather Sanchez be great from beginning to end, the kid is still young and if I had to pick one option or the other, I'd pick what we've got from Sanchez right now. The Jets for too long have had teams that collapse at the end of games, having a guy who plays his best football then is invaluable. You simply can't teach that, guys even have that or they don't, and Sanchez clearly does.

It is kinda funny today how people remember things. At the half last night, people were ready to kill Sanchez. Some would have even advocated bringing in Brunell. But today, he's being referred to (here and other sites) as elite, probably a top-ten QB next season, Montana-esque. No one runs as hot and cold as a Jets fan.

Sanchez sucked in the 1st half without question. It was a mechanical issue that had to be corrected.

The issue is with the Jif-Dbatesman-Aten camp that says that Sanchez is inherently awful, doesn't do anything of redeemable quality, and will never improve.

If you can't see that it was a mechanical flaw last night then I don't know what else to say. He was consistently high on his throws. That's like a wild pitcher.

Last, Sanchez is 6'2" and 225 lbs. I wouldn't call that petite and fragile. That's about the size of the chicks you date.

:rl: I owe you some rep!

Sanchez sucked in the 1st half without question. It was a mechanical issue that had to be corrected.

The issue is with the Jif-Dbatesman-Aten camp that says that Sanchez is inherently awful, doesn't do anything of redeemable quality, and will never improve.

He's not awful. he has made throws over the past 2 years that the beloved Chad Pennington could never make. all growing pains and rust from not playing in 2 weeks. I dont know what peoples expectations are with him. hes just in his second year.

Care to point out these "elite, probably a top-ten QB next season, Montana-esque" references?

Ah. Personally, I think it's a bit more than a mechanical issue. I think there is something missing in Sanchez that will always relegate him to being a mudder, a guy that has to win ugly. The dude has missed tons of passes this year, and last. Last night it was just more obvious because he was missing by a lot more than usual. I agree he can get better, though. The real argument is just how much better can he get.

Exactly. Sanchez is pretty much the Anti-Chad. And you know what, while I'd much rather Sanchez be great from beginning to end, the kid is still young and if I had to pick one option or the other, I'd pick what we've got from Sanchez right now. The Jets for too long have had teams that collapse at the end of games, having a guy who plays his best football then is invaluable. You simply can't teach that, guys even have that or they don't, and Sanchez clearly does.

Thank you.

What's really funny is that some of the most vocal Chad haters biggest gripe about Chad was that Chad couldn't do the exact type of thing that Sanchez seems to excel at. Now, those same guys want Sanchez to be a little more like Chad and have prettier stats. :face:

I could possibly care less about what Sanchez's overall QB stats look like. There is exactly one stats than means anything to and that is W/L record.

Sanchez wins. That's good enough for me.

Yeah Crush, but I still cringe when I think of Sanchez thinking to himself at the snap "ok... I've got to throw this one high..."

Come on NJ, you know damn well Taco was aiming for the numbers. Sorta like when the sights are off on a firearm, "just aim up and to the right a little" lol. Great play for sure.

Indy doesn;t call the phantom time out and everyone else here would be hating Sanchez too. LOL Folk chokes at anything 5 yards greater than what he made.

Sanchez hadn't played in in 2 weeks and because of his shoulder probably hadn't thrown many passes over 20 yds the past few days, just rusty. He was 9 of 11 in the 2nd half and led his SIXTH game winning drive if the year...haters keep hating we got our franchise QB.

If he's those measurements, I'm shocked, he looks like a fragile little China doll out there.

He's not very good. Its o.k because he wins, something I wont take away from him and credit him for often. I'm not quite sure why you are so defensive about it. I have the right to be critical of him as I do of any player on team. And even more so because he' the QB.

Being consistently high on throws, is the worst way to miss in the NFL.

This is just dumb. Based on what? He's in the 2nd year in the NFL and improved off his first year? Why do you think that he's reached his peak already? A 2nd yr player can't get better. It makes no sense.

I think in terms of his skill set, he shown you what he's got. Can he get better at the nuances of the games, probably, he seems like a sharp guy despite his inadequacies on the field. Hopefully he can learn from them, so far he hasnt shown me any reason to believe he will. My point is, yes, I think Mark is who Mark will always be. I hope I'm wrong. But I just dont see it in this kid. Sorry it offends you.

We lost yesterday did we not? At least that's what you said in the gamethread at 7-0.

The way Mark was playing, I didnt think we'd score a single point.

If he's those measurements, I'm shocked, he looks like a fragile little China doll out there.

He's not very good. Its o.k because he wins, something I wont take away from him and credit him for often. I'm not quite sure why you are so defensive about it. I have the right to be critical of him as I do of any player on team. And even more so because he' the QB.

Being consistently high on throws, is the worst way to miss in the NFL.

I think in terms of his skill set, he shown you what he's got. Can he get better at the nuances of the games, probably, he seems like a sharp guy despite his inadequacies on the field. Hopefully he can learn from them, so far he hasnt shown me any reason to believe he will. My point is, yes, I think Mark is who Mark will always be. I hope I'm wrong. But I just dont see it in this kid. Sorry it offends you.

The way Mark was playing, I didnt think we'd score a single point.

So glad that someone like u is in no way involved in ANY decision making when it comes to this team. Enjoy being miserable watching a QB who u think is 'awful' for the next 10 yrs haha

Archived