Read This Jets Fans If You Want To Hate Pats Even More

SoFlaJets

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Get To Know the Boston Sports Media: Gerry Callahan

Here at Mass Hysteria we understand that many of our readers are not from the Greater Boston area. As a slave to the state of Massachusetts, HZMLS will introduce you to some of our great and prolific sports reporters that give us the run down each week in print, video and the radio. The goal of these pieces is to allow you the readers to gain a better understanding of the local flavor that creates our sports scene. While some of this is factual, much of this is pure opinion, so if you don't like my writing, you can go to hell.

gerry_callahan.jpg

GERRY CALLAHAN

WEEI has labeled themselves the sports leader here in Boston, mainly because there are no other viable options for listeners to get 24/7 sports talk. Sure ESPN radio exists somewhere, but unless you live between exit 41 and 43 on the Mass Turnpike, this station doesnt come in (and would you really want to listen to Mike and Mike on the way to work?). So what all of you are forced to listen to (unless you have satellite radio) is the dynamic duo of Dennis and Callahan in the morning. The whole premise of the show is that Dennis "the moderate" debates points with Callahan "the lunatic", about news and sports, with calls from Boston listeners. This whole idea is a ******* farce, because Dennis's views are frightingly close to Callahan's, and any caller who dares to disagree usually is just screamed over with no logically argument to be found, and mocked after they hang up.

Please let me preface this conversation by saying that I turn on their show just to get a good laugh, because the two of them are piss all over themselves insane. Gerry Callahan was once a respected sports writer, who wrote great pieces over at Sports Illustrated , but left them to come back to his hometown of Boston, and the *ahem* newspaper The Boston Herald. Just to give you an idea The Herald is to journalism what TMZ is to respectable news shows.

Callahan hates everything, I mean EVERYTHING, except for the non gay military members, Jack Bauer and Ann Coulter. He hates Obama, liberals, Muslims, Manny Ramirez, Bill Belichick, you, Pedro Martinez, Ted Kennedy, and small puppies. If you get the "joy" of tuning into his show, you probably will see Callahan in either one of two modes. Mode one is ripping the sh*t out of a local sports figure who he finds slovenly or lazy, or going on a diatribe that would make Joseph Goebbels proud. Over the past week Callahan made fun of Ted Kennedy who has ******* brain cancer, sniveled that Barack Obama probably will be coming back from Turkey in a turban, and today called global warming a myth that has been debunked by many books (?). Oh, and Callahan hates blacks, though he has weaseled his way out those accusations. Check out what he said about Metco (urban kids who get to go to surbaban schools) students:

"

Callahan: "They caught him at a bus stop, right -- he was like waiting to catch a bus out of town."

Dennis: "Yeah, yeah -- he's a METCO gorilla."

Callahan: "Heading out to Lexington."

Dennis: "Exactly

Well it should make you all feel better to know that Callahan attended sensitivity training and is all better now.

Callahan's favorite TV Show 24 is a constant conversation on the show. Though no one watches 24 anymore, it seems that Gerry gets his rocks off through the anti-Muslim, conservative nutjob undertones of the show. I swear he must go home slap a Jack Bauer mask on his wife and goes to town on her.

But our friends that don't live in the area, WEEI IS NOW ONLINE! So if you want to wake up and listen to your racist, bigoted uncle on the radio, tune into Dennis and Callahan. I'm sure you didn't know that global warming is a liberal conspiracy started by that lazy do nothing Manny Ramirez, and that joke Al Gore. Don't believe me? Then go on over to the Herald and read his rantings about Manny hating kids with cancer!

So he's a half wit wanna be shock jock with a hatred of everything. Teeny tiny penis syndrome. Gotta be.

http://twitter.com/HeyCallahan

this is the writers twitter. Everyone should go there and give him a piece of their mind, that article was probably the most offensive thing someone could write in the wake of a little boy's death. This hack writer used a kid dying of cancer as a spring board to write a snarky article attacking sanchez, and i cant believe it got past the editor, im going to give him a piece of my mind over twitter and i hope many of you follow suit, he cant get away with this.

This article is a great microcosm of the front running scum that makes up 95% of Pats fans. They believe their team's illegitimate success that has been obtained through cheating makes them god's gifts to the NFL and don't really need to worry about little stuff like actually knowing about what they are talking about because they are too busy ball-washing the criminals running their franchise and giving the NFL a black eye. Ending their current run of fraudulent wins would be great but the odds are stacked against us.

I replied to him on that site. Could have used a copy editor, but whatever. What a dick.

Well put TS.

I'm so pissed after reading this, I dont even know what to say. I literally cant articulate the discontent that I have toward this man. I'd wish harm to this man, but I'm not even going to go there. Instead, when his day comes, I hope God lets Aiden Binkley kick him right square in the junk before he meets his maker in hell.

RIP Aiden.

Well put TS.

I'm so pissed after reading this, I dont even know what to say. I literally cant articulate the discontent that I have toward this man. I'd wish harm to this man, but I'm not even going to go there. Instead, when his day comes, I hope God lets Aiden Binkley kick him right square in the junk before he meets his maker in hell.

RIP Aiden.

Easily could've made his point without going that route. It's not like Sanchez or the Jets were hyping this up at all. The family was the one that made it public. It's an 11 year old kid who got a little well deserved happiness at the end of his life. It's not a Jets vs Patriots thing. It's a humanity thing. So weak.

Easily could've made his point without going that route. It's not like Sanchez or the Jets were hyping this up at all. The family was the one that made it public. It's an 11 year old kid who got a little well deserved happiness at the end of his life. It's not a Jets vs Patriots thing. It's a humanity thing. So weak.

Having kids of my own I just don't know what to say other than what I have already said I just can't believe this guy said what he said. It's just so down right bad. This guy needs some respect taught to him. Maybe he should get fired. Anyway...rest in peace Aiden, and I hope the family finds peace. I hope we (our Jets) go up their this weekend and teach that scum franchise how to play real football.

I'm honestly baffled. I just dont understand how any editor could read this and approve its publication. Unreal.

Everyone knows where I stand on Mark and I'm one of his toughest critics, but I have more respect for Mark Sanchez for this act of kindness than I ever will for Tom Brady and his 3 rings.

This is ******* retarded. Callahan isn't 'using' the kid's story to make any point other than that Sanchez is a great guy. There have been countless such articles, all of which met with your roaring approval. The only difference with this one is that, rather than being a 'Sanchez is a great guy and a great quarterback' story, it's a 'Sanchez is a great guy but a sh*tty quarterback' story. I think they're both in fairly poor taste, honestly, but not so much so as, for example, using the kid as an excuse for dumb outrage and feigned indignation.

can any of you young and smart guys send this to cimini and the jets and more or less spread it around to see if it can get noticed ?

this guy needs to be shamed for this

Already asked the mods to send it to the Jets and however else would read it and Jets disgusted by it.

LOL at the difference between Boston and New York sports writer/personalities. Understanding the biggest reason is that New York has two teams per sport but still, it just makes you laugh at how juvenile things can get up in Boston. Whatever, I don't even know what it'd be like...to have the ENTIRE city behind my team. Newpaper, Radio, Mutimedia etc. Good for them I guess lol. Our own beat writers don't even like us.

This is ******* retarded. Callahan isn't 'using' the kid's story to make any point other than that Sanchez is a great guy. There have been countless such articles, all of which met with your roaring approval. The only difference with this one is that, rather than being a 'Sanchez is a great guy and a great quarterback' story, it's a 'Sanchez is a great guy but a sh*tty quarterback' story. I think they're both in fairly poor taste, honestly, but not so much so as, for example, using the kid as an excuse for dumb outrage and feigned indignation.

I dont know bro, thats not what I got from that article. Seemed to me the man was diminishing Mark's good deed because he's a lousy QB.

And I dont think its retarded at all for the outrage. People react differently to things for all sorts of reasons. I know that if this was my family, I'd be pretty upset that he used Mark's relationship with my dead son to help set up his agenda for a stupid article. He could have made the point that Mark isnt very good a million different ways.

Very poor taste and the outrage seems very warranted from my perspective.

I dont know bro, thats not what I got from that article. Seemed to me the man was diminishing Mark's good deed because he's a lousy QB.

And I dont think its retarded at all for the outrage. People react differently to things for all sorts of reasons. I know that if this was my family, I'd be pretty upset that he used Mark's relationship with my dead son to help set up his agenda for a stupid article. He could have made the point that Mark isnt very good a million different ways.

Exactly. No need to bring in a deceased child to explain Sanchez is not a very good QB and Brady is teh best effa. Just classless and disgusting and if it was may late child I would be all over this ****er. Aten say what you want, this is nonsense and this guy is a total piece of garbage. Been bothering me all ******* day.

Exactly. No need to bring in a deceased child to explain Sanchez is not a very good QB and Brady is teh best effa. Just classless and disgusting and if it was may late child I would be all over this ****er. Aten say what you want, this is nonsense and this guy is a total piece of garbage. Been bothering me all ******* day.

I read it again because Aten is a very intelligent person and I wanted to see if maybe I overreacted at first...but nope.

This time, I walked away after reading it thinking that this dude could have basically said...

"Sorry kid, I'm glad you got to meet your hero before you died. But your death and his good nature doesnt make him a good QB. And there will be no story book ending for you to see from Heaven because he sucks and he's playing Tom Brady".

Aten, going for the Gato role.

It's like saying 9/11 sucked and all, but the Mets still aren't a very good team. Just in very, very poor taste.

I read it again because Aten is a very intelligent person and I wanted to see if maybe I overreacted at first...but nope.

This time, I walked away after reading it thinking that this dude could have basically said...

"Sorry kid, I'm glad you got to meet your hero before you died. But your death and his good nature doesnt make him a good QB. And there will be no story book ending for you to see from Heaven because he sucks and he's playing Tom Brady".

how about he uses a little decency and not bring up the recently deceased child of someone and not try to flame a response by being an insensitive cocksucker. Good strategy too.

Thats not the reason why people are mad. the reason people are mad is because it was totally uncalled for to even use Aiden's story. The article had nothing to do with Aiden and yet this stupid writer decided to include it in his article which at its core was about criticizing sanchez. Aiden's story has nothing to do with mark's stats as a quarterback, and yet this writer decided to include the story anyway, and from the way he wrote it he was acting like a jackass. Basically telling jet fans, dont get too excited for a fairy tale ending with this Aiden story because Brady > Sanchez. mentioning aiden at all was completely over the line.

Is there anything specific in the article that gives you that impression? I mean, I see the Sanchez did a good deed part, I see the Sanchez is a lousy quarterback part, but I don't see where he implies that one has anything to do with the other. The awkward segue seems to draw a pretty clear line between the two.

And I dont think its retarded at all for the outrage. People react differently to things for all sorts of reasons. I know that if this was my family, I'd be pretty upset that he used Mark's relationship with my dead son to help set up his agenda for a stupid article.

I'd be upset if anybody used my dead kid for PR purposes. I'm still struggling to see how this story is different from the others in some respect other than the author's opinion of Sanchez as a quarterback.

He could have made the point that Mark isnt very good a million different ways.

He did. By citing to his performance and stuff. You guys keep falling back on this 'using the kid to make a point' thing. I don't understand what you mean. What relation does the Aiden story have to anything in the article that's negative?

It's like saying 9/11 sucked and all, but the Mets still aren't a very good team. Just in very, very poor taste.

It's actually a lot more like the million and a half articles that started with 9/11 and ended with Rivera blowing game 7.

Getting the young boy who lost his life fighting an illness to be the foundation of your hate mongering article. Truly classless!

What i am always amazed is the total lack of class displayed by people who follow, cover or are part of the Pats.

Maybe its painting with a broad brush and i am sure there are exceptions. But the rule is bunch of people with absolute zero class!

how about he uses a little decency and not bring up the recently deceased child of someone and not try to flame a response by being an insensitive cocksucker. Good strategy too.

Again, I think all of the Aiden stories are distasteful. You guys only have a problem with the one that's critical of Sanchez as a player.

Aten, going for the Gato role.

Not for nothing, but I don't have to try to get a reaction. I'm actually interested in this. Crusher and JiF are two of the few here who are actually aware that Sanchez is terrible, so the obvious explanation that people are using the kid as an excuse to complain about an article that they really don't like because it's critical of Sanchez doesn't apply to them. I'm also sort of concerned how few people seem to understand what the word 'to' means but that's just sheer morbid curiosity.

Again, I think all of the Aiden stories are distasteful. You guys only have a problem with the one that's critical of Sanchez as a player.

Might want to read every post I have made because I state clearly that I agree Sanchez is not a very good QB. Good person, sketchy to awful as a QB. My outrage comes at using a recently deceased child as a ploy to show the world what a wild and crazy doosh bag you are. This guy is scum.

Truth be told Sanchez never wanted this to get out it was reported the family of Aiden who wanted it known what Sanchez did for their dying son. At least that's what I read, might be wrong.

Is there anything specific in the article that gives you that impression? I mean, I see the Sanchez did a good deed part, I see the Sanchez is a lousy quarterback part, but I don't see where he implies that one has anything to do with the other. The awkward segue seems to draw a pretty clear line between the two.

I'd be upset if anybody used my dead kid for PR purposes. I'm still struggling to see how this story is different from the others in some respect other than the author's opinion of Sanchez as a quarterback.

He did. By citing to his performance and stuff. You guys keep falling back on this 'using the kid to make a point' thing. I don't understand what you mean. What relation does the Aiden story have to anything in the article that's negative?

Again, I got the impression it was kind of raining on a dead child's parade. Kind of the, while its all well and good you got to meet your favorite player, he sucks and he doesnt stand a chance at a story book ending. That in itself is awful. Its like poking at his grave laughing that Mark isnt better than Tom.

Archived