Transformers Mafia

Vicious89x

I'll admit that the Brett vote is very suspicious, but I really do think more information can be gained from your coroner report compared to anybody else right now.

Incidentally what information will my coroner report show you other than you've lynched an innocent? At this point remaining scum might be hesitant to oust me because they know damn well they're going to look shady when I flip clean.

I thought Bretts vote was a good place to stop as by that point there was certainly at least 1 scum on there. Going from memory the trend always seems to scum lobbing an early and/or middle vote on day 1 as they'd rather not shine the light on themselves too much.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I <3 Crusher

CTM has no penis

I28 is boring and long winded

SongIce turns me on

Verbal is a Dolphag

Womwww.com is a chowd

**** the rest of you. My hunt scum is on your bum.

*winks and blows a kiss*

I'm getting an entirely different read on Lily...maybe its just me...the jester comment raised my senses...attempt to come across as unfamiliar with our JN style of play...plus a more aggressive approach at MJ...

If one of the other players (verbal, SoFI) from DM or MJ want to chime in I'd appreciate their take.

Brett, not asking for state secrets or anything but what obvious tells are you not seeing?

Thanks in advance.

To me Lily is playing normal Lily, whether she's scum or not. She is normally more quiet on the first couple of days, and especially the first. *shrugs* So to me it's not out of the norm. Of course DM is a lot slower than it is here, so she probably just picked up some bad habits just like I have. That doesn't mean she's not scum, but I don't think she is acting scummy right now.

Last night, I went through and checked AVM's posts. There really isn't a lot there of substance, but that's not a criticism, necessarily. How can I criticize for that?

However, this struck me as interesting, Not huge but interesting, at least to me.

unvote

I really don't get a vibe from Pac, aside from douche. Hess is interesting simply because he was so quiet most of yesterday, then comes in and gets active and gets votes due to "playing sane." I think a lot of guys are playing different right now than we're used to. We saw it last year at the beginning of the mafia season as well, and when you add that in to a while off it does become a little more difficult to read the same folks as before.

That said, I'm always an advocate for multiple trains and we've got just that. One of the bigger points against Pac was waiting before the omgus vote, which I think honestly, if he did it right away or waited he probably gets the same amount of heat. It's one of those things no matter what you do you look bad. I also agree that I wish we could get some of the quieter players a little more vocal, though a couple are DMers and they don't put up as ridiculous post count numbers as we do, from what I understand. Still, makes it easy to cost through day 1. The couple times I've been scum, on day one we'd generally have one guy out there talking a lot, up in the top 3 of post count numbers, maybe one around the middle, and the remaining 2 or so at the bottom, just hiding. I don't really think there's going to be a huge deviation from that game 1 of a new season.

So...right now it feels like trying to pick between Pac and Hess for information, and if I'm going to push for info I'd rather it come from somewhere else. I don't see anything from Hess that screams scummy to me yet, to be honest. Instead, I'll jump on the wagon with him and go after Lils. She's quiet, and truth be told she's usually very quiet on day 1. However, my experience playing scum with her was she buckled a bit under the pressure, though it was a unique game (Oz), and she was trying to drop hints and technically was a third party and all that jazz. Either way, I'd like to get her talking.

Vote: Lily

AVM, if that was your reason for voting me, I'm talking now. Why is your vote still there? Is there something else you have concerns over?

Am I speaking a different language? Either that or I guess I am not explaining myself very well. I never said once Lily is hitting my scumdar, I don't know where you took that from and if I said something that made you think that in a post then it was worded incorrectly. Everything that I think Lily does as scum she has not done so far, so I don't believe in voting for her. I mentioned her name in the grouping of Hess and Pac because she, at the time of my original vote, was one of the 3 trains that was cooking. I also don't know how I absolved Pac, and I did throw AVM back in, but I also said I'll vote him as well if his train picks up more.

You've gone out of you way to mention her, absolve her, and then group her again. You absolved Pac when you said he was leading the town and you dont think scum is leading the town. Ofcourse you will join any train, you are scum.

Do I really have to paint this picture for you dummy. I don't necessarily mind being a lynch candidate the first few days as that means scum will most likely aim elsewhere until later on in the game.

That lessons free... the next one will cost you your life.

You are so smart...never thunk of that.

you worded it a little funny, i can see how a simpleton such as jif would misunderstand..

Maybe you dont read to good.

I know I've been quiet as hell but its mainly because I've just been trying to keep up with everything and figure out all the mini feuds and what seems like actual thoughts. It's pretty difficult to wade through all the bullsh*t.

Anyway...

Unvote Pac

Vote Hess

yeah, it's tough to follow. We've all played together so much that there's a ton of inside jokes and self-referential humor to keep up with..it will settle down more and more as the game goes on..

Huh? Not following, what was quick? I voted Pac before you did and now I'm on Brett.

Quick like they followed each other in rapid succession. I know you voted Pac before me, then unvoted, the revoted for him. Its got more to do with Brett popping in with his vote really fast after you. Sorry, I could have worded it better - I don't feel your vote was scummy.

To answer Pac, no I didn't think that it was worth mentioning yesterday. And dude, HOLY alternate universe you saying I quit at the end of predatard. What??? Bro, we were dead to rights and I never quit.

In the beginning was when I was hesitant and a bit nervous. That was my first game as scum and Chan was freaking me out as I thought he totally knew, lol.

Ok I'm caught up and made a mistake on Pac as it was Integ who was saying I caved at the end of Predatard...which I didn't. Like...the first f'ing day i was a little nervous as scum and maybe was backing off a bit with my posting "style". that lasted maybe all of 6 hours. And to answer CTM's question that was the only time I was ever scum. I got back to my hotel room to get on a 3:00 conference call. So I can "play" on my computer sooner than planned. Mainly do to reading this ******* game on my bb in the trade and getting all aggitated whatnot lol.

And to all the haters. Please explain to me how I'm supposed to defend not being myself when I'm just being myself...

To bootlick this post Brett is hitting my FOS target the most right now as I can't understand what the hell my homeboy is saying. Are Lily and I scummy to him or not? I feel like I read him saying no and yes at the same time.

unvote

I don't like all the metagaming that is going on. The defense for Pac is metagaming, and the cases on Hess and AVM are metagaming. There has also been some metagaming surrounding Lily. Can you guys make some actual cases?

My only major case is for Brett but that's only for metagaminig-fail.

I think, right now, voting for AVM is retarded. There's more to his play, anyone voting for him because of his vote for me thing, I have a middle-FOS.

Ok I'm caught up and made a mistake on Pac as it was Integ who was saying I caved at the end of Predatard...which I didn't. Like...the first f'ing day i was a little nervous as scum and maybe was backing off a bit with my posting "style". that lasted maybe all of 6 hours. And to answer CTM's question that was the only time I was ever scum. I got back to my hotel room to get on a 3:00 conference call. So I can "play" on my computer sooner than planned. Mainly do to reading this ******* game on my bb in the trade and getting all aggitated whatnot lol.

And to all the haters. Please explain to me how I'm supposed to defend not being myself when I'm just being myself...

To bootlick this post Brett is hitting my FOS target the most right now as I can't understand what the hell my homeboy is saying. Are Lily and I scummy to him or not? I feel like I read him saying no and yes at the same time.

unvote

Whoa, whoa, whoa... Pac did say it initially. I only confirmed it. In the Predator game thread you did kind of go from complete bezerker, to relatively quiet (in comparison) towards the very end. Meanwhile, in the scum thread, you were apologizing for ******* up, and basically waving the white flag. From what I can recollect, I was dead at that point.

That said, it was not ME who brought the predatard metagaming into the discussion in THIS game, it was Pac. In fact, I went to bat for you in THIS game stating that I don't like the idea of voting for you purely based on Pac metagaming from months ago.

Crush. I'm sorry man. Whaaat do you want from me (fake tears). Seriously I feel like a dog by the fire with the owner screaming CATCH. CATCH YOU STUPID ******* MUT. CATCH. :unsure:

:)

Dude I already explained it's almost impossible for you to defend and decided to take my vote to AVM. For early day 1 your change in play stood out the most, now we are farther into it AVM and to a point Brett seem to be better choices. Im still 100% into throwing snow covered batteris at PAC though.

I don't like all the metagaming that is going on. The defense for Pac is metagaming, and the cases on Hess and AVM are metagaming. There has also been some metagaming surrounding Lily. Can you guys make some actual cases?

I'm so sick of that term... so let me get this straight. "metagaming" is when you use other players tendencies when developing theories right?

and why is that a bad thing??? It's done in every game I've ever played.

No one cares what you like or don;t like. Plenty of cases have been made. Feel free to make some real cases and if it's less than 100 words most of us will read them. Please include pictures for me. Thanx

Actually it seemed like quite a few people minded when I tried voicing my thoughts on slats and BG.

minded what?

i don't mind meta gaming as a rule.. it's hard to case build on day 1 imo.. and really, only 1 of my current favorites would be considered a meta game..

to me, brett's aww shucks, I don't really think pac is scum but let me put vote # 7 (6?) on him cause I'm wasting my vote currently has been the scummiest thing so far.. it's certainly not damning..

re: hess dissappearing when pressure hit, it's not meta gaming at all to see this as a potential tell. I've been on a ton of scum teams, played with a ton of players, and a significant portions of players behave the same way and/or advise teammates the same with day 1 pressure. Don't really acknowledge it, post less, the monkey's will get distracted by the next shiney object

avm is pure meta game, i know for a fact he's pretty conservative player, and doesn't like to let his team down (town or scum) Hom asking to be lynched is way out of character for him, I know he's seen a few of us play this card successfully in the past (in fact, I don't think we've ever lynched someone who played this card), which to me makes me wonder what he's up to. Either way, I'd almost like to policy lynch to discourage scum from using thsi in the future..

I'm so sick of that term... so let me get this straight. "metagaming" is when you use other players tendencies when developing theories right?

and why is that a bad thing??? It's done in every game I've ever played.

dm doesn't like them cause it's easy to manipulate..

dm doesn't like them cause it's easy to manipulate..

well from what I've noticed the majority of us are far too entrenched in our "styles" to switch up on a game by game basis. We don't play year round or multiple games simultaneously so I haven't noticed many "mixing it up" very often.

Not that I want to derail the game with a metagaming discussion but anyone who can successfully change their style enough to hide their alignment is a good player and deserves the win - once. I've tried to eliminate my scumtells. No can do.

Whoa, whoa, whoa... Pac did say it initially. I only confirmed it. In the Predator game thread you did kind of go from complete bezerker, to relatively quiet (in comparison) towards the very end. Meanwhile, in the scum thread, you were apologizing for ******* up, and basically waving the white flag. From what I can recollect, I was dead at that point.

That said, it was not ME who brought the predatard metagaming into the discussion in THIS game, it was Pac. In fact, I went to bat for you in THIS game stating that I don't like the idea of voting for you purely based on Pac metagaming from months ago.

The way I read it, Pac started the metagaming in general, but in 2 posts of your own you state that I was apprehensive in the scum thread towards the end of the Predatard game, which I wasn't. However I was a bit apprehensive day 1...in the scum thread, and I suppose it showed a bit in the game thread as CTM seemed to notice, which is funny b/c I, in fact, had a feeling he was on to me during that time, funny I was right.

I was only clarifying as point as I orginally stated that Pac was doing was metagaming about my play early on in the Predatard game. However he was only referring to my play in general and then you compounded that by agreeing with him, er, however you kept mentioning it as if I was doing so towards the end, which i certainly was not. Semantics I suppose. My point was, for this games purposes, I read it wrong, at first view and just wanted to clarify my mistake, that it wasn't Pac but you speaking on behalf of my play end game. i.e. So I wouldn't have to hear Pac complain I was making sh*t up and mis-quoting.

Archived