So This Is How The 2011 Red Sox Should Line-Up

CrazyCarl40

Just looking back. The Red Sox catchers have the second highest OPS in the American league. Shortstops have been more than serviceable. And we know Ellsbury was an All-Star. Keep those predictions coming!

He has JonE like powers.

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sawx run away with the whole thing....Yankees, Rangers, Phillies just speedbumps

Nice try.

The Sox have had stretches of playing god awful.

Can they win it? Yes.

Could they be bounced in the first round? Yes. A 2-10 start and a recent 2-7 stretch against NL teams shows this team is vulnerablelike every other team.

Just looking back. The Red Sox catchers have the second highest OPS in the American league. Shortstops have been more than serviceable. And we know Ellsbury was an All-Star. Keep those predictions coming!

The fact that Boston's 2 horrible catchers are 2nd in the AL is more about how shallow that position is right now. And their SS's suck. Good thing they have the greatest group of talent in the history of organized sports around them.

• 2 weeks later...

Injury waiting to happen

1-25 Sawx are MVP candidates per Spin City

Injury waiting to happen? Where do you get that from? Everyone is an injury waiting to happen.

I'm not the one who said he was an MVP candidate. The guys on MLB network did. Him and A Gon both are. There are a lot of guys in the running.

No. Because his past performance doesn't really measure up.

So a player can't get better over time? A guy can't figure it out and become a better player? There is only like a couple hundred examples of that.

4 of his first 5 years, CC had an ERA over 4.

Dustin Pedroia hit .191 in his first 31 games in his September call up in in 06.

Mariano Rivera's ERA in his first season was 5.51 and he was split between starter and reliever.

Greg Maddux's first two seasons were atrocious.

Jose Bautista.

I could go on and on and on. Ellsbury has been successful since day one. Last year he was injured and now that he is healthy, he is raking and playing great defense. All I am saying is that Ellsbury has had some good years and this year is a great one and there is no reason to think he can't keep it up. Just because you say it, doesn't make it true.

Here is Adrian Gonzalez' take on it. He knows a little bit about hitting:

"Hitters get better," he said, "especially if you're a guy who wants to learn and has that drive. That's why people say you're getting in that prime. When you're young, you're just out there, hitting, you don't have a lot of understanding of what's going on. As you get experience, things click, you start showing who you're going to be the rest of your career.

"Some guys think they made it and that's when they start going downhill. You see after one, two years they go downhill because they think they've made it. Jacoby's not that guy. He's a guy who wants to learn and knows you can always get better."

So a player can't get better over time? A guy can't figure it out and become a better player? There is only like a couple hundred examples of that.

Dustin Pedroia hit .191 in his first 31 games in his September call up in in 06.

Mariano Rivera's ERA in his first season was 5.51 and he was split between starter and reliever.

Jose Bautista.

I could go on and on and on. Ellsbury has been successful since day one. Last year he was injured and now that he is healthy, he is raking and playing great defense. All I am saying is that Ellsbury has had some good years and this year is a great one and there is no reason to think he can't keep it up. Just because you say it, doesn't make it true.

Yeah lets compare him to hall of fame pitchers. That makes perfect sense. It's also impossible to h ave an argument with.

No. Because his past performance doesn't really measure up.

He is only significantly better in one stat. Homeruns.

He has hit over .300 before.

The idiocy of your argument as always is you wrote a guy off who was only 27 entering this year.

That's never mattered to you before. You're always about what guys are doing right now. Except when it doesn't fit with your anti-Red Sox agenda I guess.

You really think he's going to be this good for the rest of his career? He's having a great year no doubt but you should know he hasn't been a good player before this season.

You really think he's going to be this good for the rest of his career? He's having a great year no doubt but you should know he hasn't been a good player before this season.

I don't think he's going to be a 30 HR guy (nor do I think he will reach that mark this season), but I could see him consistently flirting with 20 HR, 50 SB, and a .300 AVG each year. How his OBP will shake out, I don't know. He's been inconsistent or hurt the past couple years and I think he's finally putting it together.

I don't think he's going to be a 30 HR guy (nor do I think he will reach that mark this season), but I could see him consistently flirting with 20 HR, 50 SB, and a .300 AVG each year. How his OBP will shake out, I don't know. He's been inconsistent or hurt the past couple years and I think he's finally putting it together.

He was hurt ONE season and he has not been inconsistent. He has improved every season where he was injured. Don't you even know your own team?

He is only significantly better in one stat. Homeruns.

He has hit over .300 before.

The idiocy of your argument as always is you wrote a guy off who was only 27 entering this year.

So did most of Red Sawx nation..... They wanted him out after last year. They were even booing him

So did most of Red Sawx nation..... They wanted him out after last year. They were even booing him

Yes, RSN. They are a bunch of idiots. ;)

Seriously, he was booed for a 'reportedly' dogging it in his return from a rib injury.

How the F do you misdiagnose cracked ribs as bruised ribs?

Is it a surprise Bucholz pitches and then all of sudden he has a broken back? No.

The Sox medical staff sucks.

Jose Bautista.

CC has been one of the best pitchers in baseball since he was 20. He was the Indians' de facto ace at that age.

I buy the Ellsbury improvement. He's put on alot of good weight while getting injured. If he stays healthy I think he'll be a really good player for them.

CC has been one of the best pitchers in baseball since he was 20. He was the Indians' de facto ace at that age.

I buy the Ellsbury improvement. He's put on alot of good weight while getting injured. If he stays healthy I think he'll be a really good player for them.

He is 173-94. Think how many wins he would have if he was not on a largely a mediocre to crappy team in Cleveland from 2002 on?

Going to the Yankees will get gim 300 is he pitches that long, but he could have been well above it.

Ellsbury is horrible, has been horrible, will be horrible. SB's don't change that. You think Jeter was awful last year? Thats Ellsbury EVERY YEAR. If he had any value he would've been traded by now.

Your catching situation is a complete and utter joke. Not even worth talking about other than as a laughing stock. Probably the worst pair of catchers in the majors.

:bwahaharoll:

Reading this drivel just makes a person laugh.

Archived