THE BULLS!

ECURB

Good foundation, but the Bulls need help badly or they will be coming up short for a long time in the east. That current roster aint winning sh*t.

Yeah, that's the problem. They need an elite scorer. Once Noah's extension kicks in next year, they're going to have $40+ million, per year, tied up in Boozer, Deng, and Noah alone. Who knows what the new cap is going to be, but all signs point to it being lower and also having a hard ceiling, and with what they're going to have to pay Rose and how much they need those guys defensively anyways...

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rose had no idea what he was doing in the 4th quarter....that's a problem.

He is like every young superstar... wants to do it all himself... it takes time and coaching to grow into a true team player... he will get there... he is only 22

He is like every young superstar... wants to do it all himself... it takes time and coaching to grow into a true team player... he will get there... he is only 22

It's not a matter of wants to, it's a matter of had to. Chicago has nobody else who can put up points against a team like that. Lebron used to do the same thing and it had nothing to do with his youth, and rightfully so.

Dude, there is no doubt the Bulls are very good team that will challenge in the East for years to come and you have one of brightest young superstars in the game. But you havn't given one ounce of credit to the Miami Heat, particularly their defense. How you could actually say the Bulls are the better team is besides me.

Dude, there is no doubt the Bulls are very good team that will challenge in the East for years to come and you have one of brightest young superstars in the game. But you havn't given one ounce of credit to the Miami Heat, particularly their defense. How you could actually say the Bulls are the better team is besides me.

Haven't you HEARD? The Bulls beat them in the regular season and were the 1-seed!!!!

Haven't you HEARD? The Bulls beat them in the regular season and were the 1-seed!!!!

LOL listen man i can understand being a "hater" and not liking the Heat, thats fine. I got used to that over the course of the year.But to sit here and say the Bulls are the better team after being beat in a series 4-1 where time after time late in games the cream rose to the top and closed you out is RIDICULOUS. Your better off saying we conspired to put this team together and Lebron needs 3 superstars to win than going the "were the better team" route.

The Bulls flat out dominated the Heat at times... the Heat never did that to the Bulls they just jumped all over their missed shots and mistakes...

It all came down to shots going in... the Bulls were the better team in general... the Heat just got shots to sink better.

Agreed. The Bulls were the better team. The only things the Heat did were make more shots, score more points, and win more games.

You're right eC. And we're DAMN lucky that Rose is the type of person he is. At least for today, the kid is one of the most humble and gracious superstars in any sport or other position in the public eye. So long as that doesn't change, we've got and he's got nothing but good things coming down the pike. On the other hand the GM Of The Year has got his work cut out for him. And his Coach Of The Year needs to, at least, utter the word offense. I love the emphasis on the D, but you need to put the ball through the hoop to win too.

This team overachieved to crazy proportions from my projections for them at the beginning of the season. Obviously, you get caught up in winning and it's easy even in the most rational mind to boost up your team's value as the potential magic produced by a great team chemistry factor is very real.

But we got beat 3 stars to one. When one of the triplets was down, one or two of the others was happening. And those lead roles changed from quarter to quarter, game to game. When our star was down, we had some guys that could make a bucket or 2 - but not create scoring situations like a superstar.

Hats off to the Heat - don't like'em - and I'm getting a Dirk jersey today - but I respect them, what they did, and how they did it.

We, however, have got a lot to look forward to.

The Bulls flat out dominated the Heat at times... the Heat never did that to the Bulls they just jumped all over their missed shots and mistakes...

:face:

LOL, you are epically delusional. Who gives a damn if the Bulls "dominated" the Heat at times. The Bulls only won 1 game and lost 2 games at HOME.

What, the Bulls dominated the Heat in the 1st quarter?

The Bulls were the classic regular season team. They played at a high level through the season but couldn't raise their game against better competition.

The Heat's defense was superb and the Bulls were not a good shooting team. The Bulls desperately need another star to play with Rose but that won't happen because of their cap situation.

This post is classic. You got a love when a team that loses a series 4-1, "dominated at times", I'm sure the Heat are agonizing over those moments.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I've not seen enough to talk title yet eC - but one thing's for certain - our best is yet to come.

Rose being out has forced Deng and Boozer to get better on offense, now if Rose can help them close out games they are going to be dangerous.

• 5 weeks later...

Rose is talking about sitting out the season, man I hope he gets better. 

rose ain't coming back this year buddy, sorry

What a horrible injury, I still think he comes back this year.

Rose participated on 5-5 drills yesterday.

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nba/story/_/id/8960183/derrick-rose-chicago-bulls-participates-5-5-drills

The Bulls are being extremely cautious.  It's an 8 months to 1 yr recovery and he is at the 8th month mark.  He's the franchise and at such a young age if the team screws this up the franchise could be ruined for years because they'll never be bad enough to rebuild because of Thibs. 

It's actually the double edged sword of Thibs.  He's an excellent coach and will never allow them to be a lottery team.  This was a perfect year for them to suck and get a lottery pick that can be Rose's sidekick long term.  But now they'll be 4th to 6th seed and get bounced from the playoffs and not have a chance to improve in the offseason.

http://nba.si.com/2013/02/22/derrick-rose-brother-bulls-nba-trade-deadline/

Derrick Rose’s brother blasts Bulls for inactivity at trade deadline

The Bulls’ inactivity at the trade deadline didn’t sit well with Derrick Rose’s brother and manager.

Reggie Rose, in an interview with ESPNChicago.com on Thursday, criticized the Bulls for not being more active in improving the roster around a core of his younger brother and All-Stars Luol Deng and Joakim Noah.

“What have you pieced together? Have you made any moves? Have you made any trades to get better? You know all roads to the championship lead through Miami,” Reggie Rose told ESPNChicago.com. “What pieces have you put together for the physical playoffs?

“Joakim Noah is a great player. Luol Deng is a great player. But you need more than that. You have to put together pieces to your main piece. The players can only do so much. It’s up to the organization to make them better.”

Derrick Rose has not played this season as he continues his recovery from ACL surgery. He participated in his first 5-on-5 drills of the season on Monday, but his return remains uncertain. On Feb. 13, Rose told reporters that he would love to play this year but that he wouldn’t mind missing the season if he’s not feeling healthy.

Reggie Rose told ESPNChicago.com that the Bulls haven’t mentioned the possibility of a full-season absence because of the potential effect on ticket sales.

“Everyone is expecting Derrick to come back,” Reggie Rose said. “If Derrick comes back, they’re going to sell more tickets. Is the reason for Derrick to come back to win a championship or make money? Right now, I don’t believe a championship. Everything in the NBA is financial.”

Later Thursday, Derrick Rose reportedly met with Bulls vice president John Paxson and general manager Gar Forman. The 2011 MVP then released a short statement through the team: “I have always felt that the Bulls organization’s goals have been the same as mine and that is to bring another championship to this city.”

Bulls coach Tom Thibodeau downplayed Reggie Rose’s comments, according to ESPNChicago.com.

“To me it’s not a big deal,” Thibodeau said. “We all want the same things. We want Derrick’s health … and obviously, we’re trying to pursue winning a championship. We share that in common. That’s his [Reggie Rose's] opinion. He speaks for himself, not a big deal.”

The Bulls are set to pay the luxury tax this season for the first time in franchise history. Their payroll of $73.55 million is $3.2 million above the $70.31 million luxury-tax threshold. Derrick Rose ($16.4 million salary), Carlos Boozer ($15 million), Deng ($13.3 million) and Noah ($11.3 million) combine to make $56 million, which is about $2 million less than the salary cap this season.

Chicago is 31-23 after Thursday’s loss to the Heat, its sixth defeat in nine games this month. The Bulls are fifth in the Eastern Conference, one game ahead of sixth-place Atlanta and 1½ games behind fourth-place Brooklyn.

If D.Rose is unhappy he can come to Miami and back-up Norris Cole next year.

Archived