WrestleMafia Game Thread

Bleedin Green

How will we get "valuable info" from lynching Doggin and looking at who he sparred with/ defended.... when the case on him is that he isn't leading town and making cases on anyone, and is simply hopping on trains?

This post kinda reeks. Seems like you don't know what you voted him for...

Song and Crusher backed off real fast and now you are defending him. We can get a lot of information from lynching him. I do enjoy the way you try to make it sound like you are being rational though. I'll give you an A for effort

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

war is an easy lynch.. he doesn't play that often and isn't a known entity.. pushing people towards him is possibly scummy..

the other sentance means that someone said trying to lynch doggin post claim was taking the easy way out, I believe that was song... i only brought up because at game start I noted to myslf that war e and jetsfan80 will be the easiest lynches today, and like clock work after a stalled train these guys start getting pressure... as we've seen time and time again, there's a good shot that people grabbing the low hanging fruit are scum. it's not foolproof, but better then the 80-90% we are up against.

Gotcha.

Well for the record, I was pressing WE before the stall of the Doggin lynch, and I think dismissing the way he contradicted himself in the quotes I posted by him because he "doesn't play often" is absurd. The other guys that pinged me were SMC, JIF, Doggin and JVOR. Hardly "low-hanging fruit."

I also think you know better than to let War's "if Brett, then Crusher theory" go unquestioned. ESPECIALLY after he said it, then said he never said it. <_<

You, Slats, Jetscode, and Vicious were scum. I was miller. Slats fake claimed doc that game and Pac (who is always doctor for some reason) went in a tizzy cause he was counterclaimed and misspoke and claimed himself to be cop instead of doc and got lynched for it.

I laid out a case saying Slats was scummy for going after Irish Jet and Jetscode was voting exactly the same way Slats was. You went after me and voted me much like you do in every game but you timed it right after I cased two of your teammates.

That was the fat game? Ok, yeah, i mean when slats and vic both fake claimed i don't think it needed any casing..

Your low hanging fruit excuse for voting me is weak. I've never shied away from mixing it up with anyone. I made up a lie to take down Pac and that guy is a ******* bulldog. On top of that, you're still not saying what you think of Jetsfan80's play so far. What's your opinion?

low hanging fruit excuse is weak, but a guy playing in his second game playing out of character is good? really?

I mean, i can understand if jetsfan80 had some kind of bombastic personality like ragu (he was nabbed day 1 as scum), but i haven't fingered jetsfan80 for a definitive play style yet. he tried to case me, and I think he did similiar last game. If anything, he just seems less enthused about playing this time, so yeah, i notice a difference. Certainly could be scum, could be boredom. I just happen to like you, the ape and 1 other better at this moment.. subject to change, yadda yadda

so are you like some kinda doogie howser or something? 14 year old genius speed reading cat?

Haha, I don't have a photographic memory and I'm going to college at a normal age. At my current school I'm only barely above-average, so I'm not trying to portray myself as some sort of genius. When I get breaks I like to devote myself specifically to one or two tasks--sometimes it's something really unproductive (like a videogame, I'll rape you in Civ IV lol), other times it's reading or something math related (I'm studying Linear Algebra in my free time, but I'll go through periods of not touching the textbook in weeks to doing three chapters in a night...10 sections or so in a chapter). My most productive break was probably the summer after sophomore year...I read pretty much everything in Russian literature. Dostoevsky, Tolstoy, Turgenev, Gogol, Solzhenitsyn. Those guys are awesome.

Haha, I don't have a photographic memory and I'm going to college at a normal age. At my current school I'm only barely above-average, so I'm not trying to portray myself as some sort of genius. When I get breaks I like to devote myself specifically to one or two tasks--sometimes it's something really unproductive (like a videogame, I'll rape you in Civ IV lol), other times it's reading or something math related (I'm studying Linear Algebra in my free time, but I'll go through periods of not touching the textbook in weeks to doing three chapters in a night...10 sections or so in a chapter). My most productive break was probably the summer after sophomore year...I read pretty much everything in Russian literature. Dostoevsky, Tolstoy, Turgenev, Gogol, Solzhenitsyn. Those guys are awesome.

You read. That pretty much makes you look like a whiz kid to everyone...including me.

I also think you know better than to let War's "if Brett, then Crusher theory" go unquestioned. ESPECIALLY after he said it, then said he never said it. <_<

I'm beginning to think you don't actually read the posts in thread, but instead are some bizarre actuation of the infinite monkey theorem that's providing us with stuff somewhat related to the game. It's pretty terrifying, to be honest.

Gotcha.

Well for the record, I was pressing WE before the stall of the Doggin lynch, and I think dismissing the way he contradicted himself in the quotes I posted by him because he "doesn't play often" is absurd. The other guys that pinged me were SMC, JIF, Doggin and JVOR. Hardly "low-hanging fruit."

yeah, but you placed a momentum vote on the new guy

why, that's a very begginner way of thinking and at times has been fruitful. Heck, earlier i said there was a lot of defending this game and someone took that to mean I was saying scum defending scum mates, when that's not at all what I meant. the inference was nooby

Ms. Dan X approves! A+ :)

That was the fat game? Ok, yeah, i mean when slats and vic both fake claimed i don't think it needed any casing..

low hanging fruit excuse is weak, but a guy playing in his second game playing out of character is good? really?

I mean, i can understand if jetsfan80 had some kind of bombastic personality like ragu (he was nabbed day 1 as scum), but i haven't fingered jetsfan80 for a definitive play style yet. he tried to case me, and I think he did similiar last game. If anything, he just seems less enthused about playing this time, so yeah, i notice a difference. Certainly could be scum, could be boredom. I just happen to like you, the ape and 1 other better at this moment.. subject to change, yadda yadda

Noob town has a playstyle. Noob scum have a playstyle. I'm just stating that Jetsfan80, to me, is exhibiting signs of the latter category. That's what i'm basing my suspicions off of. And that's what they are, suspicions. Not a diehard declaration of guilt. What i'm finding more suspect from your end is the timing and the weak-a$$ reasoning. You pretty much vote me every game anyways, but when you're town I can usually buy why you'd find me suspicious. This time i'm not buying it. You're playing it a lot like you played it in that game where I know you were scum. I could be right or wrong about it. Just the way I see it right now.

I like to take a step back and reevaluate after day 1 anyways since a lot of the initial stuff can be based off of limited information.

Song and Crusher backed off real fast and now you are defending him. We can get a lot of information from lynching him. I do enjoy the way you try to make it sound like you are being rational though. I'll give you an A for effort

That wasn't a "defense" of Doggin... it was me calling you out on bullsh*t.

You SAID we could get valuable information by looking at who he sparred with and defended. To which I responded he hasn't done either, that is why people were voting him in the first place. Like I said, it makes it look like you aren't even paying attention.

Now you roll your focus to Song, Crusher and I... good theory... the 3 of us back off Doggin all at once to protect him. Looks like you caught 4 scum on D1. :rolleyes:

No, I think its far more likely that people to backed off his train after a reveal of "I am town." So I'm not buying that as "valuable information." I'm buying it as a fairly common occurrence in these games.

Noob town has a playstyle. Noob scum have a playstyle. I'm just stating that Jetsfan80, to me, is exhibiting signs of the latter category. That's what i'm basing my suspicions off of. And that's what they are, suspicions. Not a diehard declaration of guilt. What i'm finding more suspect from your end is the timing and the weak-a$$ reasoning. You pretty much vote me every game anyways, but when you're town I can usually buy why you'd find me suspicious. This time i'm not buying it. You're playing it a lot like you played it in that game where I know you were scum. I could be right or wrong about it. Just the way I see it right now.

I like to take a step back and reevaluate after day 1 anyways since a lot of the initial stuff can be based off of limited information.

And you're suspicious of me, crusher if fat, jif is gay, pac is a douche and the sun will come up tomorrow, all is right and normal in the world..

and i don't think noob scum make multiquote over ambitious cases on one of the games biggest loudmnouths.. good way to put himself right in the spotlight doing things like that.

Ms. Dan X approves! A+ :)

Haha, thanks! What is your class reading? I tutor kids all the time in reading/math stuff, and I distinctly remember certain series I read at that age, so I am actually interested. I was going to give this one kid I babysit who is really brilliant all my old books, but my mom gave them all to the library without telling me. I was pissed!

It takes one really good book that a kid can escape into to set him off for years, I was like that. Teaching and tutoring is so much fun.

Official Vote Count

JVOR (2) - Dan, AVM

JiF (1) - Aemon

Crusher (2) - SMC, Pac

Doggin (6) - Song, CTM, Crusher, JiF, Vicious, I28

Aemon (1) - Sharrow

brett (5) - war ensemble, Jets Things, JVOR, slats, doggin

slats (1) - brett

Not Voting: Jetscode, Jetsfan80

With 20 players remaining, it takes 11 to lynch.

With 7 votes on me . . . I'm a nearly-roleless townie. My only power is that I'm harder to lynch than the rest of you . . . takes a majority +1 to take me down. Feel free to run me up to 11 votes to test. There was a reason I voted Brett, but I'm having a hard time remembering what it was at the moment (I'm in the middle of drafting 2 briefs and arranging the details of my divorce, which is why I've been scarcer/less out in front than usual). Something in one of his posts I read just prior to the vote caught my eye. I'll go back and see if I can't reconstruct the thought process when I get a chance (which won't be until much later tonight, at the earliest).

Take it fwiw

6 or 7 votes Doggin? Did BG miss something?

I'm convinced you ignored my earlier post. Regardless, I guess I'll have to respond. And I'll have to do it in the context of your previous post that I was responding to, because you like to ignore those when it helps your case. Jetscode, obviously much of this will cover that whole Crusher post that I mentioned got deleted, but it won't be as purely based on that as it is contrapuntal. My apologies.

No, you haven't. You've tried to extend and manipulate them so as to make it seem that I want Brett and Crusher lynched back to back. And then you added in your own flavor, which is completely unwarranted. I refer to the following:

I have NOT and will NEVER "dig my heels in" about a vote, because that's plain stupid. You have to keep your votes flexible or you'll never win. You're giving that a negative intonation that is baseless to try and discredit my points, which are completely independent of that. I'm not trying to indict anyone, beyond saying there might (or might not) be a link between the two of them.

And please explain to me how it's scummy to have your motives change for voting someone as a day progresses? "You said elsewhere that backfilling is scummy." Howso? Is it impossible for a vote to be legitimized after the vote was made? Nobody, I repeat nobody had valid reasons for their votes that early in the game. If they find a reason later in the day, that's natural and not in any way scummy. To try and depict it as such is odd.

Cool color choice, bro. You bold the "putting words in my mouth" part, and then respond to something unrelated to that. Even if you thought I was referring to that, I used "one point of interest", "may", "I think", and "I bet" to denote 1. it was an observation, 2. there's a chance I'm wrong, and 3. the two players might possibly share some link. I did NOT "flat out explain", so stop with that. So far every post I've responded to you about I've had to remind you that my observations are NOT definitive, and only hold a certain amount of plausibility to them. I did not flat out explain that if one were scummy the other would be. I said that in my opinion, based on my observations, I feel that the two may be linked, and as such if one came up as scummy, in my opinion, that leans towards the other being scummy. What you did was completely ignore all the conditionals and try to make it seem as if what I said was a black and white statement of fact. Hence, putting words in my mouth.

And can you stop with the melodrama/overblown rhetoric. This is a game, not your "I have a dream..." speech. Or maybe it is. Either way it's humorous. But the pretentious bits are annoying.

I'll try to say this without pretentious or melodramatic rhetoric.

I still think you are scum. :o

And you're suspicious of me, crusher if fat, jif is gay, pac is a douche and the sun will come up tomorrow, all is right and normal in the world..

and i don't think noob scum make multiquote over ambitious cases on one of the games biggest loudmnouths.. good way to put himself right in the spotlight doing things like that.

It's buried in the thread somewhere and I don't really feel like going back to it but when I read it the first time his multiquoting was more or less just numbering and gathering posts in order. He really didn't give much of a controversial or unfavorable stance to where I would say he put the spotlight on himself enough for me to say "yeah, a townie would probably do that" then he just bounced and lied low. Which I think we can agree, is what a noob scum would do.

Hey, you and I might both be town again and we're bashing heads for no reason but in my head you pretty much have strike one right now. Seems odd to me that you're getting more of a townie read on him when i'm getting the opposite.

It's buried in the thread somewhere and I don't really feel like going back to it but when I read it the first time his multiquoting was more or less just numbering and gathering posts in order. He really didn't give much of a controversial or unfavorable stance to where I would say he put the spotlight on himself enough for me to say "yeah, a townie would probably do that" then he just bounced and lied low. Which I think we can agree, is what a noob scum would do.

Hey, you and I might both be town again and we're bashing heads for no reason but in my head you pretty much have strike one right now. Seems odd to me that you're getting more of a townie read on him when i'm getting the opposite.

Don't put words in my mouth. I'm playing devils advocate cause your position is that his play has been obv more scummy then a vet taking low hanging fruit is, which I don't think is obv as you're making it out to be. I see the merit in your vote, but I also know my reasons and I'm happy with what I've gained..i'll just have to find a way to survive with my one jvor-strike..

and here's you're link, barrel a$$

http://www.jetnation.com/forums/index.php?/topic/97054-wrestlemafia-game-thread/page__st__440__p__1790024#entry1790024

That wasn't a "defense" of Doggin... it was me calling you out on bullsh*t.

You SAID we could get valuable information by looking at who he sparred with and defended. To which I responded he hasn't done either, that is why people were voting him in the first place. Like I said, it makes it look like you aren't even paying attention.

Now you roll your focus to Song, Crusher and I... good theory... the 3 of us back off Doggin all at once to protect him. Looks like you caught 4 scum on D1. :rolleyes:

No, I think its far more likely that people to backed off his train after a reveal of "I am town." So I'm not buying that as "valuable information." I'm buying it as a fairly common occurrence in these games.

Are you really this naive or just trying to impress me? Getting information from somebody means looking at all aspects of their interaction with others. I wasn't aware you needed things spelled out to you, but you really are flinging the poop fast furious today without actually thinking things through. And frankly I am surprised anyone is buying Doggin revealing early that he is a roless townie who happens to need a +1 to be lynched. I don't mean to take away from his personal life and what he's going through. I feel for him and I know he would never lie about that. I AM calling into question his reveal because it sounds like a huge steaming pile of bullsh*t. I do believe he is a +1 to lynch, but because of how when he revealed and the fact he is a +1 I feel he is scum.

Don't put words in my mouth. I'm playing devils advocate cause your position is that his play has been obv more scummy then a vet taking low hanging fruit is, which I don't think is obv as you're making it out to be. I see the merit in your vote, but I also know my reasons and I'm happy with what I've gained..i'll just have to find a way to survive with my one jvor-strike..

and here's you're link, barrel a$$

http://www.jetnation.com/forums/index.php?/topic/97054-wrestlemafia-game-thread/page__st__440__p__1790024#entry1790024

meh. That was a little more in depth than what I remembered. Overall I'm still okay with my vote, but point noted. I don't get your point on "my position" though. Who and what are you referring to?

Also, unless "what you've gained" is a better grasp at the English language, that doesn't really help us much.

Are you really this naive or just trying to impress me? Getting information from somebody means looking at all aspects of their interaction with others. I wasn't aware you needed things spelled out to you, but you really are flinging the poop fast furious today without actually thinking things through. And frankly I am surprised anyone is buying Doggin revealing early that he is a roless townie who happens to need a +1 to be lynched. I don't mean to take away from his personal life and what he's going through. I feel for him and I know he would never lie about that. I AM calling into question his reveal because it sounds like a huge steaming pile of bullsh*t. I do believe he is a +1 to lynch, but because of how when he revealed and the fact he is a +1 I feel he is scum.

Alright, for starters, you haven't earned the right to default to the "poo flinging" accusation against me. If you are going to proceed with the insulting undertone, then you'd better do more than just dilute your position with each response you make to me.

You have successfully changed your tune with each response to me... going from "we'll get information from Doggin's lynch by looking at who HE sparred/defended" then I explained he didn't do either which is why people were voting him, then it became "well, Song, Crusher and I28 all stalled and defended HIM so..." which was great scum hunting :rolleyes: , and now it has become a snide explanation of what "get information means."

In a nutshell... you've successfully side-stepped your way from barely making a point, to not making one at all.

For the record, I never said I am "buying" Doggin's reveal, I am just content to not lynch him on D1 and let it play out. I've stated this at least twice already. I happen to think information can be gained by deliberating on it as well. For instance, I'm not sure any of us have played with you before... so this entire dialogue between you and I, has been informative I'm sure for some.

Official Vote Count

JVOR (2) - Dan, AVM

Doggin (3) - CTM, JiF, Aemon

Aemon (1) - Sharrow

brett (3) - war ensemble, Jets Things, doggin

slats (1) - brett

war ensemble (4) - Crusher, Vicious, Jetscode, I28

SMC (2) - Pac, slats

Pac (1) - SMC

Jetsfan80 (1) - JVOR

Not Voting: Jetsfan80, Song

I didn't mean to come off as insulting. If I crossed the line. I apologize. This is only the second game I have played on this site and the back and forth here is stronger than I am used to and I guess I went to far trying to jump in. That being said, I still think you are dismissing a lot of peripheral things that have been going on. Doggin came out voting for Sharrow "to get him under pressure day 1 so he doesn't coast to endgame". That is an attack. When it was brought to his attention that Sharrow had announced an LOA he jumped on the Brett Train "just because". Yes, I used a poor choice of words in "sparring with/attacking/defending" and it's biting me in the a$$ now. I still think his reveal is a three-coil steamer and he's gonna flip scum which will give us information on a number of people that have reacted to Doggin's statements. I am NOT claiming that everyone that dropped off the Doggin Train is scum.

BTW, when can I default to the poo-flinging response? :rolleyes:

I didn't mean to come off as insulting. If I crossed the line. I apologize. This is only the second game I have played on this site and the back and forth here is stronger than I am used to and I guess I went to far trying to jump in. That being said, I still think you are dismissing a lot of peripheral things that have been going on. Doggin came out voting for Sharrow "to get him under pressure day 1 so he doesn't coast to endgame". That is an attack. When it was brought to his attention that Sharrow had announced an LOA he jumped on the Brett Train "just because". Yes, I used a poor choice of words in "sparring with/attacking/defending" and it's biting me in the a$$ now. I still think his reveal is a three-coil steamer and he's gonna flip scum which will give us information on a number of people that have reacted to Doggin's statements. I am NOT claiming that everyone that dropped off the Doggin Train is scum.

planet-of-the-apes_040610.jpg

dude not for nothing I realize this is your 2nd game here. I played with you a couple times at Dm and may have even played one of your games. But... YOU JUST APOLOGIZED TO A MONKEY!!! A freakin monkey dude. If your going to last here stop apologizing to the primates.

Dear Aemon Kristen,

HISS AND GROWL...HISS AND GROWL.

Your friend,

HessStation

dude not for nothing I realize this is your 2nd game here. I played with you a couple times at Dm and may have even played one of your games. But... YOU JUST APOLOGIZED TO A MONKEY!!! A freakin monkey dude. If your going to last here stop apologizing to the primates.

I think you owe me an apology there fatman. have a nice day.

planetoftheapes040610.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Crappy image links, ruin the comedic timing... :rolleyes:

Official Vote Count

JVOR (2) - Dan, AVM

Doggin (3) - CTM, JiF, Aemon

Aemon (1) - Sharrow

brett (3) - war ensemble, Jets Things, doggin

slats (1) - brett

war ensemble (4) - Crusher, Vicious, Jetscode, I28

SMC (2) - Pac, slats

Pac (1) - SMC

Jetsfan80 (1) - JVOR

Not Voting: Jetsfan80, Song

ok you guys wanna spend another 10 pages talking about doggin when it's obvious he's not getting lynched or shall we move on? someone needs to die.. who's it gonna be. I like SMC and Song.

bang bang kitty.

calling me hateful... have a nice day.

OK fine. I would like to apologize to the entire game(except for monkey of course) for calling Pac a hateful lonely faggot. If anyone was offended at the fact I called pac a hateful lonely faggot please let me know and I'll apologize to you for me calling Pac a hateful lonely faggot. If their are any actually hateful lonely faggots out their i apologize to you for grouping you in with Pac. My bad, Unless of course your a primate then I'm not apologizing to no damn primate no matter how lonely, how faggot or how hateful they may be. To end my apology I would like to say I love all of you, even if you happen to be hateful lonely or a faggot.

About to start my rethrough, what a day. Had classes and meetings all day, then went to the ECU v. UTEP basketball game to watch Tim Floyd get ejected, followed by his assistant in a span of 2 minutes. UTEP had 5 technicals in all, Floyd is an absolute idiot. Great day.

Archived