Manny Rairez Retires

CrazyCarl40

One of the WFAN hosts said yesterday morning that he had it from a reliable source that there are two players in the HOF that were roiders for sure. Wouldn't name them of course.

If I had to guess, I would say Rickey Henderson would be one.

uhhh...the entire leage was on steroids since 1980

Dna Shaughnessy has topped himself with this paragrpah. What crap.What moralistic bullsh*t from a complete a$$hole.When you wonder why athletes treat the media like sh*t, reread this drivel. Ramirez is probably not a nice guy, but neither was Ted Williams nor Jo Dimaggio nor who ever else you can think of. Some may be good guys, but whether someone can hit a baseball has practically nothing to do with whether he is a good man. When was this douchebag appointed God?So we now have to inquire if the teams we root or are staffed by saints or sinners? What crap. Shaughnessy should go f__ a weedwacker. What a dick. Again, if this tool has a HoF vote, blow up the system now.

Ramirez, love him or hate him, is a HoFer.

The Sawx' 2 championships are no more nor elss tainted than any other championships over the last 2 decades. EVERY TEAM had cheaters,a nd they may still. BFD.

"It certainly taints what the Sox accomplished in 2004 and 2007. As a Sox fan, the best you can do now is say, "our cheaters were better than your cheaters.''

No Hall of Fame for Manny. Not for this voter. Manny has Hall of Fame numbers. But he quit on the Red Sox, he quit on the Dodgers and he quit on the Rays. And it looks like he was cheating the whole time.

Manny could really hit(and what the eff esel matters for the HoF?), but he never cared. Neither should you."

Nice to see the Boston media seeing Manny for what he really is though none of them would have the balls to write this while he was on their beloved team.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/dan_shaughnessy/04/10/manny.ramirez/index.html?eref=sihp

He never tested positive in Boston, so why would such an article be written? He was called out a few times for his antics, but more often than no it was just "Manny being Manny." And we all loved him for it. Until it became too much and they traded him.

Dna Shaughnessy has topped himself with this paragrpah. What crap.What moralistic bullsh*t from a complete a$$hole.When you wonder why athletes treat the media like sh*t, reread this drivel. Ramirez is probably not a nice guy, but neither was Ted Williams nor Jo Dimaggio nor who ever else you can think of. Some may be good guys, but whether someone can hit a baseball has practically nothing to do with whether he is a good man. When was this douchebag appointed God?So we now have to inquire if the teams we root or are staffed by saints or sinners? What crap. Shaughnessy should go f__ a weedwacker. What a dick. Again, if this tool has a HoF vote, blow up the system now.

The Sawx' 2 championships are no more nor elss tainted than any other championships over the last 2 decades. EVERY TEAM had cheaters,a nd they may still. BFD.

"It certainly taints what the Sox accomplished in 2004 and 2007. As a Sox fan, the best you can do now is say, "our cheaters were better than your cheaters.''

No Hall of Fame for Manny. Not for this voter. Manny has Hall of Fame numbers. But he quit on the Red Sox, he quit on the Dodgers and he quit on the Rays. And it looks like he was cheating the whole time.

Manny could really hit(and what the eff esel matters for the HoF?), but he never cared. Neither should you."

So all the roid cheats should be in the hall?

1) I'd be more shocked if the Hall of Fame worthy folks from the "steroid" era weren't doing some kind of PED. I am at the point where I do not care. Looks at their body of work - enhanced or not - and vote 'em in because of their numbers. Period.

2) I have been saying it all along!!! Dan Shaughnessy is the biggest d-bag on the Boston sports scene. He, who made millions off some bullsh*t, "Curse of the Bambino." Shaughnessy is the paid whore of the Red Sox ownership. It's so darn obvious, it's comical. One of the reasons I despise the Red Sox.

1) I'd be more shocked if the Hall of Fame worthy folks from the "steroid" era weren't doing some kind of PED. I am at the point where I do not care. Looks at their body of work - enhanced or not - and vote 'em in because of their numbers. Period.

2) I have been saying it all along!!! Dan Shaughnessy is the biggest d-bag on the Boston sports scene. He, who made millions off some bullsh*t, "Curse of the Bambino." Shaughnessy, is the paid whore of the Red Sox ownership. It's so darn obvious, it's comical. One of the reasons I despise the Red Sox.

Not just him. The entire boston press corps. Eades Gammons et al

He never tested positive in Boston, so why would such an article be written? He was called out a few times for his antics, but more often than no it was just "Manny being Manny." And we all loved him for it. Until it became too much and they traded him.

Ownership and media tried to influence fans' love of Manny - trying to get them to hate him - and grew quite frustrated when their efforts failed. Then Manny gave 'em a gift - Manny allegedly shoved the traveling older secretary - and BINGO! Manny sucks! Shaughnessy does whatever Lucchino and Werner tell him to do....just go ask Nomar.

2) I have been saying it all along!!! Dan Shaughnessy is the biggest d-bag on the Boston sports scene. He, who made millions off some bullsh*t, "Curse of the Bambino." Shaughnessy is the paid whore of the Red Sox ownership. It's so darn obvious, it's comical. One of the reasons I despise the Red Sox.

Up to the point any of these guys were banned or suspended, you have to look at what they did on the field.Want ot put on their plaque they took PEDS-fine. I bet they all will still show up at Cooperstown for induction. The HoF ALREADY HAS CHEATERS-Cobb and Speaker fixed games, Whitey Ford, Gaylord Perry and Phil Niekro threw spitballs. We have no idea who corked their bats, or who else used drugs. Though as far back as the 1920s players were popping greenies like chicklets. Might have noticed the last few seasons wihtout them featured a bunch of older players looking like a death march every August. If the big problem is cheating, you already gave up the ghost when you voted in Perry. Too late to get back your virginity.

These writers now playing detective with Biggio, Bagwell and Piazza might have some credibility now if they asked the questions when thse guys were playing, or if they petitioned to have the HoF status revoked on known cheaters already in. MNo one ahs doen either ever. Instead now they want to be Nancy Drew after the fact. And that's crap. As someone else already said, don't recall Shaughnessy writing anything like this when Ramirez was hitting cleanup in Fenway. As matt39 noted in the Sawx/Yanks thread, parsing who used and when they did it as reason to or not to vote for Ramirez or anyone else as Buster Olney (and who nicknamed this sissy mary "Buster" anyway?) is a joke.

Up to the point any of these guys were banned or suspended, you have to look at what they did on the field.Want ot put on their plaque they took PEDS-fine. I bet they all will still show up at Cooperstown for induction. The HoF ALREADY HAS CHEATERS-Cobb and Speaker fixed games, Whitey Ford, Gaylord Perry and Phil Niekro threw spitballs. We have no idea who corked their bats, or who else used drugs. Though as far back as the 1920s players were popping greenies like chicklets. Might have noticed the last few seasons wihtout them featured a bunch of older players looking like a death march every August. If the big problem is cheating, you already gave up the ghost when you voted in Perry. Too late to get back your virginity.

These writers now playing detective with Biggio, Bagwell and Piazza might have some credibility now if they asked the questions when thse guys were playing, or if they petitioned to have the HoF status revoked on known cheaters already in. MNo one ahs doen either ever. Instead now they want to be Nancy Drew after the fact. And that's crap. As someone else already said, don't recall Shaughnessy writing anything like this when Ramirez was hitting cleanup in Fenway. As matt39 noted in the Sawx/Yanks thread, parsing who used and when they did it as reason to or not to vote for Ramirez or anyone else as Buster Olney (and who nicknamed this sissy mary "Buster" anyway?) is a joke.

Could not agree more.

No one raised or batted an eye when players got bigger and bigger and lasted longer and longer.

Everyone is complicit in turning the other cheek when it comes to PEDs. Players. Mangers. Owners. Media. Fans.

To take a stand now is ridiculous.

They should add several wings into the Hall of Fame.

One wing is the pre-integration wing. All the players that never played against Asian, Latin American or Black players will be in this wing.

The next win can be the pre-Free Agency wing were teams could bury a player in the farm system and never see him again.

The post free agency and amphetamines era.

The roids era.

Of course it should be expandable so the future HGH/cloning/DNA swapping era can be built.

Archived