The Office Mafia Game Thread

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

**** you both, I'm not stalling. I had to catch up, responded to some bullsh*t and I've been back and forth with Hess.

My reveal: I'm Erin, I started the game with a letter of recommendation, it is unopened to start off.

After N1, if I receive another object I have to choose one to keep. If I give up the letter, it gets burned and is out of the game. If I don't receive another object I keep the letter and get to find out what it does.

2 things...

A) I buy this

B ) It doesn't tell us anything about your alignment

This is why run em up and reveal sucks. JVoY said town, scum and third party can all obtain and use these items.

I'll unvote

Vote Crusher

I'd like to hear some more from him.

What are you talking about - I've had people asking me for my reveal since 6AM.

Frankly - if we get through the reveal frenzy, we might be able to start playing.

Im not a big fan of the typical day one bullsh*t . I wish TomShane would have quit on day 2 so I did not have to read 40 freakin pages of nonsense of which most was skimming material.

vote lily

Feel She has been floating in and out while dropping little nuggets and scurrying back off.

Vic, I challenge you to name one time I've participated this much on a day one. I'm trying really hard to increase my play, unlike some who just say "What the ****. Why bother?" That attitude is a big part of why DM mafia nearly died off, imo.

Also, I have been on and off the computer. Remember, I don't get up until y'all have been playing practically all day. So, yeah, I'm scurrying in and out. It'll be that way all game, too. I'm busier now than I used to be.

Sorry if I seem snarky. I don't mean to. Blame the meds. I'm off now for my birthday dinner. See y'all later...

2 things...

A) I buy this

This is why run em up and reveal sucks. JVoY said town, scum and third party can all obtain and use these items.

I'll unvote

Vote Crusher

Yep ...but he was only at 5 votes

Vic, I challenge you to name one time I've participated this much on a day one. I'm trying really hard to increase my play, unlike some who just say "What the ****. Why bother?" That attitude is a big part of why DM mafia nearly died off, imo.

Also, I have been on and off the computer. Remember, I don't get up until y'all have been playing practically all day. So, yeah, I'm scurrying in and out. It'll be that way all game, too. I'm busier now than I used to be.

Sorry if I seem snarky. I don't mean to. Blame the meds. I'm off now for my birthday dinner. See y'all later...

Happy birthday!

OFFICIAL VOTE COUNT

I28 (5): Sharrow, Wombat, Hess, Jetscode1, DPR

Vicious (2): I28, Brett

Jetsfan80 (2): SMC, Lily

DPR (2): CTM, Smash

Brettw4rd (1): Verbal

Slats (1): AVM

JiF (1): J80

Lily (1): Vicious

Crusher(1): Pac

Not voting: JiF, Crusher, Slats

With 19 people alive, it takes 10 to lynch.

Deadline has been extended to Wednesday 12PM ET.

REVEALS REMAINING: 1

2 things...

A) I buy this

I'll unvote

Vote Crusher

and yet none of you are able to present a more viable option. UNfortunately, some would like to make it entirely mechanical, which I agree does suck. People should just vote who the think are scummy, and be careful not to burn votes with a deadline approaching, reveals will happen naturally, people will react.. These people just putting votes on anyone who gets 1/2 way to lynch are the ones ruining it, which is why i'm voting for one of them.

OFFICIAL VOTE COUNT

I28 (4): Sharrow, Wombat, Jetscode1, DPR

Vicious (2): I28, Brett

Crusher(2): Pac, Hess

Yep ...but he was only at 5 votes

I was at L2 all day while at work. If I didn't give my reveal, they would have put me right back there to get it.

Just because I only had 5 votes showing, doesn't mean there was no pressure - slats, smc, pac and dpr are 4 voters all waiting on my reveal, they alone would have put me at L1.

Im not a big fan of the typical day one bullsh*t . I wish TomShane would have quit on day 2 so I did not have to read 40 freakin pages of nonsense of which most was skimming material.

I know, but keep reading there are some great photos of Marissa Miller and Candince Swanepoel that I posted, it'll be worth it. :D

There was no way around it that integ was going to have to eventually reveal anyway.I don't fault him. And to what brett's saying reveals can be just as beneficial to town as they are to scum. It works both ways. Sorry monkey but it wasn't the worst reveal to make.

and yet none of you are able to present a more viable option. UNfortunately, some would like to make it entirely mechanical, which I agree does suck. People should just vote who the think are scummy, and be careful not to burn votes with a deadline approaching, reveals will happen naturally, people will react.. These people just putting votes on anyone who gets 1/2 way to lynch are the ones ruining it, which is why i'm voting for one of them.

I think we're so entrenched in this style that the only things that will change it are forbidding reveals (or limiting them even more) or going back to having the town have way more roleless players... problem with that is it's just more fun to have some sort of role.. even if it's a "sh*tty" one.

I think we're so entrenched in this style that the only things that will change it are forbidding reveals (or limiting them even more) or going back to having the town have way more roleless players... problem with that is it's just more fun to have some sort of role.. even if it's a "sh*tty" one.

I've come to enjoy the current style of play. Once you get past the initial gayness good scum-hunting becomes invaluable. There's nothing more boring than being a roleless townie.

Agreed on all accounts.

Or just leave it be.. artifical reveal limits create awkward play... The unintended consequence of the new rule has been to make it more mechanical not less. I understand the goal was to force town to only push those you most suspect, but people have gone the opposite way with it..

the onus should be on the mods to make it no so advantegoues to force a bunch of reveals, like with a standard roleblocker

2 things...

A) I buy this

I'll unvote

Vote Crusher

Fine my reveal: Im Pac, Im an obnoxious doosh, I have no power except to make people nauseated, if I can make enough people nauseated they will vote me off regardless of my role or alignment,.

I win when people from DM leave and never play here again.

Fine my reveal: Im Pac, Im an obnoxious doosh, I have no power except to make people nauseated, if I can make enough people nauseated they will vote me off regardless of my role or alignment,.

I win when people from DM leave and never play here again.

The only thing missing was the blatant retaliatory vote.

Who are your top 3?

Mine are you, Lily, and DPR.

The only thing missing was the blatant retaliatory vote.

Who are your top 3?

Mine are you, Lily, and DPR.

Out of respect for Ladyfriend I was trying to represent a better Pac.

I alredy said my top 3.

J80 was but with his reveal I guess I feel 17% better about him

Vic- to horny for reveals, plays very confident as scum

Hess- very odd this game, not doing his warm typical warm and fuzzy thing

Pac- just a doosh, miss ladyfriend

All caught up. I'd say some good day 1 stuff has gone down so far.

Some interesting reactions to Pacturd, who I'm sure is just itching to be as turdy as possible after modding last game. Some interesting theories on the JF80 train. But the thing that stood out to me most, is how much you've all missed me. And I was only gone 10 days. So cute. Must have felt like a century.

I'm a little disappointed in my #2 favorite posters behavior toward the game right now. We all know day 1 is pretty much a crap shoot, but to completely blow it off as if there isnt possibly any good that could come from it, to me is a bit counter productive and untrue. And now I get why he called someone JiF 2.0 for making a case. I'm hurt. Just because I'm good at finding scum early doesnt make mean I dont have feelings.

A couple of posts by LFP stood out at me. Going to go back and look again. Probably voting based on what I remember.

Out of respect for Ladyfriend I was trying to represent a better Pac.

I alredy said my top 3.

J80 was but with his reveal I guess I feel 17% better about him

Vic- to horny for reveals, plays very confident as scum

Hess- very odd this game, not doing his warm typical warm and fuzzy thing

Pac- just a doosh, miss ladyfriend

perhaps we can come to a modus vivendi and agree to lynch CTM?

OFFICIAL VOTE COUNT

I28 (4): Sharrow, Wombat, Jetscode1, DPR

Crusher(2): Pac, Hess

Vicious (1): Brett

AVM (1): I28

Archived