Hell House Mafia Game Thread

HessStation

Yes AVM I think an alt game is probably best right now things are getting a bit testy and an alt game beats a break IMO

I don't know what an alt game is to be honest... but if you think it will be good for the atmosphere, I'm in.

I know, as the #1 most abused player in mafia, I wouldn't mind a break from being called stupid for 3,000 straight posts.

I do want everyone, especially Jack the noob, to know that when I'm calling names it is purely for the fun of it, spirit of the game and all that jazz. If I cross any lines, please just ask me to pump the breaks and lay off. It is hard for me at times, especially when I'm getting barraged with insults (even though I was right all along :P) to know what is game-dooshiness and what is me just being a prick in response.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've got 2 games written up. One is based in a hospital. I think you all would like. If no one wants to mod, I can have it ready by tomorrow, but I'll need a co-mod because I play most of mafia from my cellphone

Nice. I'm interested... way to step up, you played one game here and willing to mod already. Props!

I hated it. See above... I think something in my subconscious made me believe that because they were dead they had perspective that we didn't have being live in the game still. I paid WAY too much attention to them... I NEVER let live players influence my view of the game as much as I let the dead ones this game. They actually provided no advantage whatsoever imo.

As far as the Dead not helping, it worked itself out that way this game but think about trying to set up the game prior and knowing there is no way of shutting the cop up even after death, except for one day IF the silencer were still alive. (Plus Lily was not allowed to Silence the same player twice) So the town had a cop that could give all investigations even after death with two vig shots. Bleedin and I went back and forth with this prior to the game ever started. We had no real clue as a million different scenarios could have played out. It just so happened scum played a really good game, got lucky on NK'ing the same players Vic was investigating early (Verb/JC) That would have been "confirming" them for later on. And when he found scum it was unfortunately CTM, the GF. (More bad luck) Plus Vic had to reveal sorta early due to town faults, and with the tracker, his role lost it's power. PLUS town didn't come close to sniffing a good lynch the whole game, unfortunately.

It was interesting to see how the dead town were an influence, both good and bad.

As far as the Dead not helping, it worked itself out that way this game but think about trying to set up the game prior and knowing there is no way of shutting the cop up even after death, except for one day IF the silencer were still alive. (Plus Lily was not allowed to Silence the same player twice) So the town had a cop that could give all investigations even after death with two vig shots. Bleedin and I went back and forth with this prior to the game ever started. We had no real clue as a million different scenarios could have played out. It just so happened scum played a really good game, got lucky on NK'ing the same players Vic was investigating early (Verb/JC) That would have been "confirming" them for later on. And when he found scum it was unfortunately CTM, the GF. (More bad luck) Plus Vic had to reveal sorta early due to town faults, and with the tracker, his role lost it's power. PLUS town didn't come close to sniffing a good lynch the whole game, unfortunately.

It was interesting to see how the dead town were an influence, both good and bad.

Oh I know, its not a criticism of the setup by any means... it was actually a brilliant idea. I just hated it because of how the dead impacted my player personally, cause its all about me you know. :lol:

Ok well probably to everyone's chagrin lol:

Game MVP: CTM

Town MVP: Dan X for her shot on JiF

Mod MVP: My favorite overall player of the game was definitely Verb. I was so excited that he was so excited to play. I can't tell you how many crazy PM's I was getting from him trying to get weapons and sh*t to leaving rooms and stuff. I was actually sorry there wasn't more to it. Anyway, I ABSOLUTELY loved that he was so into it.

#9 in vote count whoohoo

Mod MVP: My favorite overall player of the game was definitely Verb. I was so excited that he was so excited to play. I can't tell you how many crazy PM's I was getting from him trying to get weapons and sh*t to leaving rooms and stuff. I was actually sorry there wasn't more to it. Anyway, I ABSOLUTELY loved that he was so into it.

#9 in vote count whoohoo

Nice. I think all mod's should do a game mvp, town mvp, scum mvp and mod's choice like this... I'll be doing it for BSG for sure. :D

Oh and....

THANK YOU BLEEDIN GREEN. BEST CO-MOD DEAD SPIRIT EVER!!!

-pounds on door to be let out- I dunno who locked me in here but it's not funny!!! You all KNOW I can't get past holy water!!!

Now... where is MY love Hess?????

Heh. I congratulate you on your win with the scum team.... but as far as the CTM vs. Ape rivalry goes.... I'm winning 4-0 right now.

i should go bump your post claiming you were bluffing, you rotten swine...

The cop being able to speak after death was huge.. even if he had innocents, he could've kept quiet until he needed to speak up.

Also, when vic bailed without revealing I thought something was up which is why I wanted him to reveal. Strangely, cop never crossed my mind. I thought he was vig or something..

Where we differ is on the cop & doc being factored into the normal 25% scum balance. I'd like that to be clarified by the more experienced players in case I want to mod a game some day.

Cop/Doc is standard here now....as is GF apparently. My feeling is that with a GF, the scum should be at 20% and not 25%. We ALWAYS view the ******* GF, hehe.

I'd like to think my role was very helpful, so I think you're right. Never fear, you'll get the ultimate revenge. I'll be lynched early for a while now. ;)

Not sure why you think that. Your role was definitely awesome for scum, but I don't see why you'll get lynched early?

#9 in vote count whoohoo

HAHAHA - thanks Hess! I was totally excited for this game, and it was a TON of fun. Highest post count ever for me. Your game reminded me if some very interactive DPR games, and I have always been a big fan of those. You gotta mod again so I can see if cracking top 5 is possible, hehe.

Not sure why you think that. Your role was definitely awesome for scum, but I don't see why you'll get lynched early?

I just figured the same thing would happen here that happened at DM. And I'm told I am hard to read, with my playstyle. You picked up on my overdoing the uncertainty, but nobody else did.

-pounds on door to be let out- I dunno who locked me in here but it's not funny!!! You all KNOW I can't get past holy water!!!

Now... where is MY love Hess?????

:)

BTW we almost brought Nae into the game as a 3rd party SK. BG and I were debating it....instead she became my corpse bride. :)

:)

BTW we almost brought Nae into the game as a 3rd party SK. BG and I were debating it....instead she became my corpse bride. :)

That's it?!? BG got great big giant letters. I get a btw? -looks for a new hell mate-

i should go bump your post claiming you were bluffing, you rotten swine...

You know I wasn't bluffing when I first cased you. I knew you were scum. I just couldn't convince anyone, and when I tried and failed repeatedly to convince others and nobody else agreed, especially the peanut gallery of ghosts, I bought into them saying I was wrong. From there I tried to make the best of it and made a play that I thought would protect you if you were town/vig, and I hoped would set up a lynch of you if you were scum.

Can't tell you how many times I went back and forth between you and Brett. The only reason I didn't come for you on the final day was because both you and Brett were silent. It was well-played on your part, I'll congratulate you again without name calling. Impressive.

I hope I never have to play another game while mitigating the barrage of 10 SMC's telling me I'm wrong, stupid and I should just listen to them... I don't think I've ever been called idiot as much in a game as this one... kinda nice being the one that was right.

Cop/Doc is standard here now....as is GF apparently. My feeling is that with a GF, the scum should be at 20% and not 25%. We ALWAYS view the ******* GF, hehe.

HAHAHA - thanks Hess! I was totally excited for this game, and it was a TON of fun. Highest post count ever for me. Your game reminded me if some very interactive DPR games, and I have always been a big fan of those. You gotta mod again so I can see if cracking top 5 is possible, hehe.

GF is fine l2p.

Archived