Hell House Mafia Game Thread

HessStation

Natalie Portman's Power:

was a one time double vote to be given to one (random) town player IF and ONLY IF the Silencer (Lily) chose to Silence a townie Night 6 (after the NK) or the Day of Chapter 7. She chose to silence her own scum-mate which still gave town a chance to vote a scum player off in Chapter 7 thus eliminating Nat's power to any player forever.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So 20 players to start....5 scum, 15 town....1 town player dies automatically (JVOR)...1 town player is added (DPR).

SCUM:

Godfather

Tracker

Silencer

Bomb

Double Voter (one time)

TOWN:

Cop

Doc

Vig (2 shots)

Double Voter (one time)

Is that balanced? I guess the dead townies talking should be factored in, but we were all worthless in the end, lol.

Is that balanced? I guess the dead townies talking should be factored in, but we were all worthless in the end, lol.

Yeah, but think about the cop. Scum were VERY lucky with the way things fell. They blind squirrelled NK'ing Verb night after Vic watched him. And then JC....and then they found him, tracked him and just killed his investigations...plus Vic didn't get lucky with any of his picks being scum until CTM who was the GF.

But the cop being around even after death for the town could have been potentially huge for town with two vig shots (vig shots worked day or night), hence a scum Silence, but who could only silence the same player once (dead or alive).

As BG said it you could have seen 16 vs. 1 by end game...just didn't turn out that way.

PLUS, Everybody is a freaking hero in the dead thread about how stupid the remaining town are. Well, so much for that.

Yeah, but think about the cop. Scum were VERY lucky with the way things fell. They blind squirrelled NK'ing Verb night after Vic watched him. And then JC....and then they found him, tracked him and just killed his investigations...plus Vic didn't get lucky with any of his picks being scum until CTM who was the GF.

But the cop being around even after death for the town could have been potentially huge for town with two vig shots (vig shots worked day or night), hence a scum Silence, but who could only silence the same player once (dead or alive).

As BG said it you could have seen 16 vs. 1 by end game...just didn't turn out that way.

PLUS, Everybody is a freaking hero in the dead thread about how stupid the remaining town are. Well, so much for that.

Plus you guys weren't even close on any of your lynches so tough sh*t. ;)

But the cop being around even after death for the town could have been potentially huge for town with two vig shots, hence a scum Silence, but who could only silence the same player once (dead or alive).

I thought 25% scum vs town w/cop & doc was like a normal balance? Scum getting 5 pretty useful powers vs the town not getting much more... I don't know, SMC didn't play so somebody has to take his place here and complain.

I thought 25% scum vs town w/cop & doc was like a normal balance? Scum getting 5 pretty useful powers vs the town not getting much more... I don't know, SMC didn't play so somebody has to take his place here and complain.

ok:

-1 scum who had a 1 time DV vs 1 town who had a 1 time DV

-2 town vig shots with a cop that can talk the ENTIRE game vs. 1 scum bomb

-1 Town Cop & Doc vs 1 GF and Tracker

-The entire Town who can talk all game vs. 1 Silencer

-EVEN 25%/75% spit with an extra townie who could help scumhunt

-Throw in Natalie Portman's gift at the end where, if the Silencer silenced town you would have gotten another Double Vote power...So Lily had to silence CTM for you to still have enough votes to lynch scum...and you still ****ed it up. ;)

ok:

-1 scum who had a 1 time DV vs 1 town who had a 1 time DV

much more powerful for scum who know which side everyone is one

-2 town vig shots with a cop that can talk the ENTIRE game vs. 1 scum bomb

If the cop catches any scum, they're going to be lynched anyway especially if he can talk when dead. Vig was 50/50 in this game which is probably better than average for vig kills. Could be argued that Dan's shot was the only thing that kept the town in the game.

-1 Town Cop & Doc vs 1 GF and Tracker

like I said, I thought cop & doc were given for town and didn't need to be balanced on the scum's side

-The entire Town who can talk all game vs. 1 Silencer

Town sucked after they died.

-EVEN 25%/75% spit with an extra townie who could help scumhunt

insignificant

-Throw in Natalie Portman's gift at the end where, if the Silencer silenced town you would have gotten another Double Vote power...So Lily had to silence CTM for you to still have enough votes to lynch scum.

insignificant

Where we differ is on the cop & doc being factored into the normal 25% scum balance. I'd like that to be clarified by the more experienced players in case I want to mod a game some day.

It was a lot of fun though, easily one of the most fun games this year so far; right behind wrestlemafia, imo. Not really trying hard at the beginning might have hurt w/the wombat lynch, but it was hilarious. Teasing Jack, also hilarious, though not very helpful. Definitely some highlights despite getting an a$$ kicking.

When considering balance, you have to factor in us not being able to shut anyone up permanently. I'm not saying the game was balanced or it wasn't, but that is definitely a factor.

Ur also missing the unique pm stuff sharrow.. Without that slats goes down that day and scum won in a romp IMO...

Normally that's off limits and I practically begged Hess to give us the info but he wouldn't

When considering balance, you have to factor in us not being able to shut anyone up permanently. I'm not saying the game was balanced or it wasn't, but that is definitely a factor.

I thought it was balanced well and it played amazingly. I have to believe if we would have lynched you Lily then things would have worked out with a town win IMO.

Great game Hess! While you hated modding you did a great job at it. You too BG!

Just to let you guys know, I'm leaving tomorrow to go to Vegas for a week with some friends. Why in June you ask? My friend and his twin sister are celebrating their 25th b-days, and seeing as his sister is a teacher, this was the only time to go.

To make a long story short, I'll be missing the next game (whoever runs it). Be back in 11 days!

I thought it was balanced well and it played amazingly. I have to believe if we would have lynched you Lily then things would have worked out with a town win IMO.

I'd like to think my role was very helpful, so I think you're right. Never fear, you'll get the ultimate revenge. I'll be lynched early for a while now. ;)

Btw... Avm bussing me was a weird situation... We tracked Vic and were supposed to get results..but bg wasn't playing by hhess's rules and didn't give... The plan was to silence Vic if he investigated avm and get a townie lynched with the tracker claim... If he investigated me we were going to silence someone else.. Once Hess got back on he decided to honor the original rules which is why I lived instead of avm.., we had no idea who Vic investigated till he said it in thread

To explain again, I only didn't give you results because I didn't give Vic results either. I was under the impression that dead cop meant no results (in my defense, even Vic thought the same). Once Vic got his results I was going to make sure you got yours, but he beat me to it. I know the timing issue screwed you guys up once Hess decided to give results granted, but just saying, I was using the same rules for both sides.

Yeah I actually emo for the first time ever in there a couple times. LOL, too much pressure as Mod. I was VERY concerned about balance this whole game not knowing how the dead would effect things.

I LOVE YOU ALL. Don't forget that. :)

Slats said it earlier... Getting someone killed and knowing they could still post freaken sucked

Yeah, this was a HUGE thing with the game. I loved Hess' idea of having the dead still talking, but it was SO hard to figure out how to account for it in the game balance. Hess can tell you how much time we spent on trying to account for that before the game even started, and that's why eventually it was designed to have roles introduced as the game went on, in order to keep things from getting too heavily swayed in one direction or the other because of game design.

Oh and....

THANK YOU BLEEDIN GREEN. BEST CO-MOD DEAD SPIRIT EVER!!!

You're welcome sir. And while I know it wasn't all peachy (and trust me, it NEVER is as a mod), great job to you. All of the credit for this ingenious setup goes to you, but I was just glad to be there to help things along every now and then as needed, and perhaps more importantly, be the inspiration for this lovely story.

To explain again, I only didn't give you results because I didn't give Vic results either. I was under the impression that dead cop meant no results (in my defense, even Vic thought the same). Once Vic got his results I was going to make sure you got yours, but he beat me to it. I know the timing issue screwed you guys up once Hess decided to give results granted, but just saying, I was using the same rules for both sides.

Yep, I know.. Was just saying that wasn't the original plan..

also.. thanks hess.. great game was a ton of fun

Just to let you guys know, I'm leaving tomorrow to go to Vegas for a week with some friends. Why in June you ask? My friend and his twin sister are celebrating their 25th b-days, and seeing as his sister is a teacher, this was the only time to go.

To make a long story short, I'll be missing the next game (whoever runs it). Be back in 11 days!

Have fun! Vegas is awesome

Sorry to hear that Brett -- hang in there man.

Hess, such a great and unique game. Loved the dead stuff (and monkey, I about died when you told me to be quiet as dead scum :P).

80 -- Have fun in Vegas dude, see ya in a couple weeks.

CTM, Lilian, Smash, and Jiffy -- Great team guys. The reverse bussing on CTM was probably the most fun thing I've done. Mock emo meltdown ftw.

Dan owned me again. I'm pretty sure I opened the thread by asking for her to die first, then numerous times said there was no way I was getting to endgame because she had me dead to rights. Can we be on the same team next time, please?

****ing hate Sharrow. We're NEVER on the same team it seems like, and you always get me killed. GJ this game (ghost symp ftw :D )

Hope Jack returns, and that Crush/DPR/Lily (I think she said she had to take one or two off) are back soon.

Most importantly -- Vic>all.

Alt game up next, I presume?

Sorry to hear that Brett -- hang in there man.

Hess, such a great and unique game. Loved the dead stuff (and monkey, I about died when you told me to be quiet as dead scum :P).

80 -- Have fun in Vegas dude, see ya in a couple weeks.

CTM, Lilian, Smash, and Jiffy -- Great team guys. The reverse bussing on CTM was probably the most fun thing I've done. Mock emo meltdown ftw.

Dan owned me again. I'm pretty sure I opened the thread by asking for her to die first, then numerous times said there was no way I was getting to endgame because she had me dead to rights. Can we be on the same team next time, please?

****ing hate Sharrow. We're NEVER on the same team it seems like, and you always get me killed. GJ this game (ghost symp ftw :D )

Hope Jack returns, and that Crush/DPR/Lily (I think she said she had to take one or two off) are back soon.

Most importantly -- Vic>all.

Alt game up next, I presume?

Yes AVM I think an alt game is probably best right now things are getting a bit testy and an alt game beats a break IMO

Good game town.. It was wAy closer then it shouldve been... We were thinking shutout at one point

Good game to you CTM, you avoided pressure from everyone except me. Nobody even wanted to put votes on you for crying out loud. Pac knew, good for him, and Jack flirted with the idea that you could be scum.... otherwise a spotless game. Going radio silent at the end was a great call too.

Well played. I28 was right about CTM, good for him.

Thanks. I forgive you for calling me a sh*t ton of names.

Sigh. Should've stuck with Lily. Next time I'll trust my gut more. Great work Jack, nice debut.

Lots of "sigh" for me in this game too bro. If we'd have lynched Jack and Lily when I thought they were the final two, we'd have been in good shape - killed a scum, and gotten Jacks spam out of the way. Every time I tried to case CTM, Jack derailed me with frivolous accusations about lying, and nonsense. If it wasn't that, it was the chorus of voices from beyond telling me I'm stupid that made me abandon instinct over and over... I will say though, Jack's debut was awesome. Very entertaining. He really is like arguing with Gato, you just pwn him over and over.... oh, and Jack: :P

I LOVED having dead people in this game.

I hated it. See above... I think something in my subconscious made me believe that because they were dead they had perspective that we didn't have being live in the game still. I paid WAY too much attention to them... I NEVER let live players influence my view of the game as much as I let the dead ones this game. They actually provided no advantage whatsoever imo.

GOOD GAME EVERYBODY

Hope you all had fun!!!!

:)

Absolutely had fun bro - and that is what its all about... ahem, right Slats? - great job! :D

It crushed me lol... I was all geared up to finally get that ******* ape lynched and the jif's death scene clears him

Heh. I congratulate you on your win with the scum team.... but as far as the CTM vs. Ape rivalry goes.... I'm winning 4-0 right now.

Damn - nice game scum. We all have those "I should have" moments - mine is when I started joining Jack to pressure Lily.....not sure why I left off that. Dammit. CTM played so damn clean to me.

GREAT game to scum. And great job Hess - very exciting game.

This game is full of shoulda, woulda, coulda... biggest one for me is not stopping myself, taking a deep breath and playing with conviction.

The reality is that I played so crazy, even if I had wanted to lynch CTM on the final day here... nobody would have followed me, they all thought I was scum. That was eye-opening, as I could have really come through for town... but because of my Ape play, I had no foothold on leading the town anywhere when it mattered the most. :(

Hey guys sorry I've been mia, it's graduation so I have a lot of visitors to host, and my grandma died today.... Anyways, I'll catch up right now.

Brett - terribly sorry to hear, my heart goes out to you and your family.

Well... Good game. I have to take a game off... I'll be back later.

Take your time - when you are ready to come back, let me know. I'll hold off on Battlestar until you want in.... same goes for Crusher if he sees this. :)

I've been imploring you all to kill CTM for 2 weeks lol. His early game was off but no one listened. I wish I had been around more... may have gotten that pig and the rest of them. I'll be back in full force for the next one.

Great game Hess... As I mentioned in that PM to you I've had a terrible couple weeks otherwise I would have been my normal spamming self.

Kudos to you for being correct. However, nobody ever listens to you - just like they don't listen to me. I cased CTM the better half of the game... and got NO traction.

Say hi to Clay Matthews for us. :)

Archived