Hell House Mafia Game Thread

HessStation

The timing of this is weird. Dan was totally blowing off her pressure and then Jack swoops in and distraction is at an all time high. So F'ing scummy.

I'm inclined to think Jack is just really stupid...but if this is a ploy to divert attention from Dan, then he's brilliant and hes saving the Ninja Mafia Princess from a lynch who I'm scared to death of if she escapes pressure and cruises to end game.

Dan, JF80 or Jack are my choices, in that order. Still thinking Pac, who hasnt posted in a year and Vic is starting to seem town to me.

So I'm stupid for thinking and playing differently then you?

Does that make you a fifth grader for posting lame insults and being afraid of girls?

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does that make you a fifth grader for posting lame insults and being afraid of girls?

Your not stupid your simple. We love you and glad you finally got here.

JiF's no fifth grader but he banged one at his nieces birthday party.

Lame insults is the reason we play mafia here. More the insults more the love.

I said there were two people who were trying to cast doubt on my reveal. Lily and DPR. Out of the two of them there is more evidence of Lily being scum then DPR. I assumed DPR might be they symp.

I'm not saying "I'm the best mafia player. I found the scum and power roles." you are putting words in my mouth

Not to put too fine a point on it, but that is how the game is played. heh

Maybe what we need is an official introduction and welcome. Hi. I'm DPR. Aficionado of the grandiose, lover of strategy, and general mafia freak. I see what you're trying to do - I swaggered into my first game and was promptly lynched for the same thing, so let me give you a couple of tips: JN mafia isn't exactly what it looks like, and it is significantly different from mafiascum.net (I've never played the Malazan boards...).

The plays here are more subtle than they appear at first, and the insults are really good, heh. But, keep in mind that everyone knows that it is a game, and everyone is very cool about play styles and noobs to the board.

Try whatever you want, but don't be surprised when you get nailed for it. The normal rules don't exactly apply. ;)

As for game notes - it's way too early to get any kind of accurate read on Lily, or many others for that matter. Occasionally someone will give a little something away early, but not really that often. A lot more will be there to be seen a couple hours before the deadline tonight.

Interesting you can make that much out of a known liars alignment.

I said "I'll bet" dummy.

Early in games I always extrapolate people's posts like that, its how I analyze the potential motivations behind what I view as a posturing post.

I'm not saying the extrapolated scenario is fact - just that the post pings me as a posturing. JF80 did the same thing last game re: CTM's train, at first I thought he was protecting CTM - turned out he was distancing from CTM's lynch. Either way, I knew his posts were pinging me as tactical posts meant to take advantage of the CTM lynch for positioning in the game.

Maybe what we need is an official introduction and welcome. Hi. I'm DPR. Aficionado of the grandiose, lover of strategy, and general mafia freak. I see what you're trying to do - I swaggered into my first game and was promptly lynched for the same thing, so let me give you a couple of tips: JN mafia isn't exactly what it looks like, and it is significantly different from mafiascum.net (I've never played the Malazan boards...).

The plays here are more subtle than they appear at first, and the insults are really good, heh. But, keep in mind that everyone knows that it is a game, and everyone is very cool about play styles and noobs to the board.

Try whatever you want, but don't be surprised when you get nailed for it. The normal rules don't exactly apply. ;)

As for game notes - it's way too early to get any kind of accurate read on Lily, or many others for that matter. Occasionally someone will give a little something away early, but not really that often. A lot more will be there to be seen a couple hours before the deadline tonight.

I haven't taken any insults seriously. They are pretty great to be honest. This is becoming my favorite board to play at

I've got to say this before the doc really reveals. I'm not the doc. I am just a regular searcher. I knew claiming was the only way to save my a$$. I wasn't going to because I figured it might flush the doc out but I figured it was worth the risk of finding a couple of scum.

I found one

I knew well I didn't know but I assumed the mafia team targeted a player and the kill was blocked by something. Most lily a doc self protecting. I wasn't their target. The only people who would know that would be myself the mafia and the real doc.

So after everyone unvoted Lily kept trying to cast doubt on my reveal and it seemed she was baiting a reveal or a counterclaim from the real doc. Dpr fosed me but he could possibly believe what he typed or he cod be trying to get me lynched. I believe ou of the two Lily is scum and DPR may possibly be the symp

I think I figured who the real doc is so I won't say anymore because I don want to give them away.

Orly?

Yeah I'm roleless.

It's the only play I could make to keep myself alive yesterday and to possibly flush out scum.

ORLY?

Basically yes. It seemed that she was baiting the real doc to counter and she was trying to sow doubt in my claim. So it would appear that she knew I wasn't the doc. So only the real doc or the scum would know that fact. If she was te real doc she would IMO have laid low and kept a vote on me or something along those lines.

LULZ ORLY?!

So...she was baiting the real doc to counter, but you, by claiming doc when you're not...were not?

At least when Pac misstates, it's just mixing up the Doc and Cop roles. Along the same lines, I almost can't see how you'd be scum -- no way someone who's played before would do this, but the timing is really odd. Here are our 3 main candidates

Jack -- claimed to be doc to "bait" scum, and believes he got Lily. It's along the same lines, to me, of what Dan said with Brett. She said he had an over-the-top reaction, and Jacks case is mostly built off Lilys reaction to his claim. Strikes me as a very selfish play by him regardless of him being right/wrong. He's accusing Lily of doing exactly what he did -- bait the doc to claim at a bad time.

Lily -- was the main one to jump when Jack claimed doc. Fact is, Jack has a point...but his point is really only valid if he gets heat for doing the exact same thing IMO. A couple other people had Lily on their radars beforehand, though, so it's far from entirely a Lily vs. Jack thing.

Dan -- I still have a hard time thinking she'd be so "meh" if scum. She could have very well been lynched before Jack got in here and took the momentum away. And that in itself is about the best "case" I could build against her right now. The timing is bothersome, but I still can't get around the fact that Dan is far too strategical IMO to risk needing Jack to come in here first.

We've got 7+ hours -- worst case scenario if we run out of time, Jacks telling the truth and we lynch a roleless townie. Can't hurt to hear Lilys reveal IMO. I will say, I don't necessarily believe they're on opposite sides either, though. (both town or both scum).

Vote: Lily

I haven't taken any insults seriously. They are pretty great to be honest. This is becoming my favorite board to play at

I find it interesting how many of you who've played mafia at other boards, in particular boards specifically designed for mafia, have said how they actually like it here better. I've never played anywhere else, but it's nice to know others think we're as awesome as we all say we are. Definitely credit goes to Doggin for bringing this over to us and knowing this group of tards would make it work (granted, in our own very special way).

Exactly. Then it will become the only board you play at. Then, one day, your wife will ask you a question and you'll snort and fire off a really nasty remark. She'll slap the sh*t out of you, which may turn you on and when things get hot, you'll take a 48 hour break from the game to rediscover the many applications of of baby-oil, strawberry preserves and Saran Wrap - but the point is, once you play, you'll always come back for more. heh

I'll be away for a few hours, or maybe more depending...

Official Vote Count:

JiF (1): Brett

Dan X (5): Vic, Lily, CTM, JiF, Smash

JF80 (2): Primate, Crusher

Jack (1): Verb

Primate (1): Pac

Lily (3): Slats, Jack, AVM

Verbal (1): Sharrow

Vicious (4): Dan, DPR, JF80, JC

Not voting: Duke

With 19 alive, it takes 10 to lynch

Your not stupid your simple. We love you and glad you finally got here.

JiF's no fifth grader but he banged one at his nieces birthday party.

Lame insults is the reason we play mafia here. More the insults more the love.

Lies. I am the most insulted person here... nobody loves me.

Left out the part about how much you suck at teh mafia.

Also, lynching Jack_D wouldn't be a bad idea.

You're not helping. I've already got to hang out with freakin' you and JVOR, now you want to add Jack to that mess? Can we at least get someone with a set of t!ts to hang out with beyond the grave? I'm not picky, any t!ts at all will do, even Crusher's.

Yep. And that makes me a badass mother ****er who steps on pussies like you.

I said "I'll bet" dummy.

Early in games I always extrapolate people's posts like that, its how I analyze the potential motivations behind what I view as a posturing post.

I'm not saying the extrapolated scenario is fact - just that the post pings me as a posturing. JF80 did the same thing last game re: CTM's train, at first I thought he was protecting CTM - turned out he was distancing from CTM's lynch. Either way, I knew his posts were pinging me as tactical posts meant to take advantage of the CTM lynch for positioning in the game.

Isnt every post a posturing post?

I'm still in favor lynching Dan or JF80. Its hard to get behind Jack because he's a liar and Lily hasnt posted a retort to his amazing case.

You're not helping. I've already got to hang out with freakin' you and JVOR, now you want to add Jack to that mess? Can we at least get someone with a set of t!ts to hang out with beyond the grave? I'm not picky, any t!ts at all will do, even Crusher's.

Isn't nae a ghost? There you go.

I'm still in favor lynching Dan or JF80. Its hard to get behind Jack because he's a liar and Lily hasnt posted a retort to his amazing case.

Did you say something or was that a queef?

Didn't you get behind a liar when you picked up that hooker in Thailand? Just sayin.

To answer your question. No. Take a look at the post you made above in red.

Don't like the idea of lynching Dan, love the idea of lynching 80... and Simple Jack, and Lily.

Archived