2011 NBA FINALS

dolphann4life

14 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the 2011 NBA Finals?

• Miami Heat
    • Dallas Mavericks

Wade pretty much took over last game. All hate aside, I love watching Lebron, Nowitzki and Wade play. This series has been great so far. And Bosch is still a soft POS. He gets poked in the eye and lays on the ground like a little girl acting like he can't stand up. DUDE, it's your eye, not your knee, leg or ankle. What a pansy. Dude flops more than anyone I've ever seen. And Jeff Van Gundy IS THE TRUTH! I'm tired of everyone praising guys for flopping and selling fouls. It defeats the entire purpose of the game.

The ****'ing up and then pretending to be hurt has been perfected by this generation of athletes.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm no basketball expert, but how is that in the last 2 minutes of the game, up by 2, the Mavericks are throwing it up (Once for a ****ing 3) immediately after getting an offensive rebound? Done it twice in row. How do you ****ing justify that?

I'm no basketball expert, but how is that in the last 2 minutes of the game, up by 2, the Mavericks are throwing it up (Once for a ****ing 3) immediately after getting an offensive rebound? Done it twice in row. How do you ****ing justify that?

With guys like Dirk, Stojokovic, Terry, and Kidd, they're somewhat of a live by the three, die by the three kind of team. Its gotten them this far so they're doing something right.

Wide open looks. You have to take those shots if you're given them.

dirk-game-4-o.gif

That is one impressive lay up. What was that, his 3rd lay up of the series for the 7 footer who has 3 dunks for the entire year?

I bet every time Dirk puts it on the floor and actually doesnt settle for the jumper...you get a semi-wood and cant wait to get to the computer to rub it my face because you are so awesome and know so much more about basketball than me.

That is one impressive lay up. What was that, his 3rd lay up of the series for the 7 footer who has 3 dunks for the entire year?

FYI, he had NINE dunks during the regular season and another 8 in the playoffs, so there.

I enjoy busting your balls, but yes, probably only around 15% of his shots are from inside. That doesn't mean he is incapable, just that his fall-away is such an effective shot (54.5% EFG this season) that it makes no sense for him to do anything else when it's falling.

I saw a bit on ESPN where they broke down the science of Dirk's fallaway and said that the space he creates by falling away on his left foot with his right knee elevated coupled with his height means that a player with Yao Ming's height and Derrick Rose's vertical still wouldn't be able to block it.

Thanks for the kind words, especially considering that I didn't square off against the likes of Vince Carter in my playing days.

Not just Vince, there's a whole list of them that I squared off against. But my game is a lot like Dirks, I settle for the jumper.

I bet every time Dirk puts it on the floor and actually doesnt settle for the jumper...you get a semi-wood and cant wait to get to the computer to rub it my face because you are so awesome and know so much more about basketball than me.

Oh lighten up Francis, you're like the basketball Al Bundy with the Vinsanity stories sometimes.

FYI, he had NINE dunks during the regular season and another 8 in the playoffs, so there.

I enjoy busting your balls, but yes, probably only around 15% of his shots are from inside. That doesn't mean he is incapable, just that his fall-away is such an effective shot (54.5% EFG this season) that it makes no sense for him to do anything else when it's falling.

I saw a bit on ESPN where they broke down the science of Dirk's fallaway and said that the space he creates by falling away on his left foot with his right knee elevated coupled with his height means that a player with Yao Ming's height and Derrick Rose's vertical still wouldn't be able to block it.

Yeah, saw that one too. For the most part you need to elevate to the height of what you'd need for an above average-dunk just to have a shot at blocking it. If I was able to hit that sh*t I wouldn't take it to the hole either.

Dirk does shoot more jumpers than taking it to the bucket....what's the argument?

His footwork and midrange game is unstoppable though so I dont blame him.

The argument started during the Melo trade. I said guys like Gallo are a dime dozen. Meaning, Euro's that you cant build around. I said Dirk was the exception...which some how got me into saying he was a 7 foot JJ Reddick. Which was probably a bad comparison but all I try to say with that comparison is that Dirk would prefer to shoot the jumper and he's deadly with it.

So now any time Dirk does anything other than a jumper, Hector lets me know about it.

That was a killer piece. And it shows how completely impossible guarding his jumper is.

I honestly dont even remember our argument that much and I'm way to lazy to go find it, but I dont recall saying he was incapable. I think I said, I'd like to see a 7 footer do more than settle for the jumper 85% of the time. All the while, saying the guy was an absolute stud either way...but if you had to knock him, that was it.

That piece though, made it pretty obvious why.

Oh lighten up Francis, you're like the basketball Al Bundy with the Vinsanity stories sometimes.

That might be a slight exaggeration. I know I've told my stories of battling with NBA talent but you are making it seem like I started a thread titled..."before you criticize my opinions, did you ever play Vince Carter in basketball?"

If I've told that story sooo many times, what did I say about him?

I know, you've been kind enough to share the list in the past. On multiple occasions.

Want to hear it again?

His footwork and midrange game is unstoppable though so I dont blame him.

Speaking of which, that piece they did on him last night with his mentor was interesting. Seeing some of the foot work drills he was doing. Pretty interesting stuff, I've never seen anything like it actually.

According to Stephen A. Lebron is dealing with "personal issues" that he cant discuss further.

Let me guess, his ego is shot because he took his talents to south beach only to find that there was someone more talented than him who was already a champion playing in south beach?

Or

He found out Haslem banged his mom, which essentially means the 2 ugliest NBA players in the league have now banged his mom.

Has to be one or the other.

Let me guess, his ego is shot because he took his talents to south beach only to find that there was someone more talented than him who was already a champion playing in south beach?

Or

He found out Haslem banged his mom, which essentially means the 2 ugliest NBA players in the league have now banged his mom.

Has to be one or the other.

The guy has hoe tendencies, that's for sure.

Archived