Kevin Gregg

madmikeisback

At least we now know Big Papi to be known as Whimp Papi

What a pathetic display for charging the mound...and some Oriole came flying from the dugout and sent Papi flying. At least Veritek tried to fight Arod (hiding under a mask) and showed something. Papi tainted his once credible image

Did anyone catch BeckASS post game comments...what a douchebag

There are no bigger bullies with glass jaws that the Red Sox. This is a team that has head hunted, threw at guys and pitched inside for a decade yet the second another team does it to them they are completely shocked that anyone could even think of playing baseball that way. What a bunch of hate-able babies.

There are no bigger bullies with glass jaws that the Red Sox. This is a team that has head hunted, threw at guys and pitched inside for a decade yet the second another team does it to them they are completely shocked that anyone could even think of playing baseball that way. What a bunch of hate-able babies.

Blah blah blah. Mike's revisionist take is going full speed today.

Ortiz only biatched after the third inside pitch. Which I am pretty sure what every player would do.

Even after popping up, he went towards first without saying a word.

Gregg starts yapping and then he reacts.

Yeah, Ortiz has a glass jaw. :rolleyes:

At least we now know Big Papi to be known as Whimp Papi

What a pathetic display for charging the mound...and some Oriole came flying from the dugout and sent Papi flying. At least Veritek tried to fight Arod (hiding under a mask) and showed something. Papi tainted his once credible image

Did anyone catch BeckASS post game comments...what a douchebag

What did Josh Beckett say that was incorrect? Papi is a whimp? Love to see you say that to his face. Would love it.

And surprise someone pushed Papi who Papi couldn't see and he moved a foot. He certainly didn't go flying.

And the Yankees are likeable? Really? You couldn't find a bigger dirtbag than A-Rod. And glory boy Jeter disrespects the fans who voted for him by pulling out. Every team has their fair share of heroes and villains. Don't act like the Sox are the only ones.

Blah blah blah. Mike's revisionist take is going full speed today.

Ortiz only biatched after the third inside pitch. Which I am pretty sure what every player would do.

Even after popping up, he went towards first without saying a word.

Gregg starts yapping and then he reacts.

Yeah, Ortiz has a glass jaw. :rolleyes:

1st post of what actually took place. Ortiz was completely right in the situation.

Throw inside once after your staff has been getting obliterated but 3x and then to open your mouth after you get him out is asking to get charged.

Gregg is lucky Ortiz missed with his upper cut and should get the longer suspension.

1st post of what actually took place. Ortiz was completely right in the situation.

Throw inside once after your staff has been getting obliterated but 3x and then to open your mouth after you get him out is asking to get charged.

Gregg is lucky Ortiz missed with his upper cut and should get the longer suspension.

What do you know? ;)

I think my recap was fair. :huh:

Gregg was 110% right up until he yapped and then his cover-up was bogus. He has every right to pitch inside. Sox do so with out thinking about it. However, when he starts channeling Buck Showalter "they whine" and "180 million" he sounds he had a motive.

If Gregg STFU up after Papi popped up, no one misses a game.

And the Yankees are likeable? Really? You couldn't find a bigger dirtbag than A-Rod. And glory boy Jeter disrespects the fans who voted for him by pulling out. Every team has their fair share of heroes and villains. Don't act like the Sox are the only ones.

Arod is easily hatible but Boston has way more hatible players than the yankees do. Beckett? Youkilis? Pedroia and his annoying little man complex? You saw what the orioles think of Ortiz.

Arod is easily hatible but Boston has way more hatible players than the yankees do. Beckett? Youkilis? Pedroia and his annoying little man complex? You saw what the orioles think of Ortiz.

Why are Youk and Pedroia unlikeable? Pedroia gives everyone the thought that maybe they can make it in the bigs one day. Ortiz is one of the most liked guys in the majors.

Why are Youk and Pedroia unlikeable? Pedroia gives everyone the thought that maybe they can make it in the bigs one day. Ortiz is one of the most liked guys in the majors.

ARod is a pariah in MLB circles, Jeter was voted "most over-rated" by his peers, Cano is an infamous dog, and Teixiera is known as a me-first numbers-hanger who has bounced around the league with not a tear shed in the clubhouses he leaves behind...but the Red Sox are unlikeable?

One of the worst posts you have ever made here. You claimed to be above the team bias but cmon. He is 37, was on the DL a week ago, so him pulling out is completely reasonable.

Jeter disrespected the fans, classic.

One of the worst posts you have ever made here. You claimed to be above the team bias but cmon. He is 37, was on the DL a week ago, so him pulling out is completely reasonable.

He looked fine yesterday. No one ever exerts themselves at the game. Pulling out is BS. At least A Rod has a legit injury and excuse.

He looked fine yesterday. No one ever exerts themselves at the game. Pulling out is BS. At least A Rod has a legit injury and excuse.

Terrible post man. I get that you are going to stand behind it. But just terrible.

The Yankees would want him to rest and take the time off. But he disrespected the fans, got it.

Did the fans not vote him in? He didn't get in any other way. He has a duty to the people who help pay his contract, bloated as it may be.

10 minutes ago you just said it was bullshit that he was pulling out. Now you dont care?

Like I said when he posted it, I thought the post was garbage. Carl, imo, is usually above most of the Red Sox\Yankees stuff and can be objective. He lost credibility with this one though, Jeter just got off the DL, he is 37 years old. He needs rest...his obligation is to the team. That is the same for every player in the MLB.

Like I said when he posted it, I thought the post was garbage. Carl, imo, is usually above most of the Red Sox\Yankees stuff and can be objective. He lost credibility with this one though, Jeter just got off the DL, he is 37 years old. He needs rest...his obligation is to the team. That is the same for every player in the MLB.

I'd say most players would rather not play tbh. Like most working humans- they value days off more than anything else

I'm sure they do. But the have obligations to fans too don't they?

I really dont think they care. I also dont get too excited over all star games(the home field thing is dumb) and relaly dont care I wont see Jeter playing. Plus- dont you guys think he sucks now anyways?

I really dont think they care. I also dont get too excited over all star games(the home field thing is dumb) and relaly dont care I wont see Jeter playing. Plus- dont you guys think he sucks now anyways?

I think the home field is a terrible thing. I don't think he sucks. He isn't the player he once was but he can still hit. And given the lot of shortstops currenty teams could do worse. Grossly overpaid and overrated as a defender but still serviceable.

Interesting...

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/allstar11/news/story?id=6755375

PHOENIX -- Despite the withdrawal of 15 players from the All-Star rosters in recent days, union chief Michael Weiner told ESPN.com Sunday that this year's mass All-Star exodus is more about "circumstance" than an indication that players don't care about the All-Star Game.

"I think what you're seeing this year is just a bunch of individual circumstances that have added up," Weiner said before Sunday's Futures Game. "I think players understand the importance of the All-Star Game to the fans. They understand the honor it is to participate in the All-Star Game. By and large, I think players are excited to participate in the game. I just think we happened to have a series of circumstances this year, including a lot of Sunday starters, that have led to this situation."

All-Stars Skipping Game

Sixteen players who were elected to the All-Star Game will not play Tuesday. Only four players, Jose Reyes, Shane Victorino, Chipper Jones and Jon Lester, are on the disabled list.

American League Pos

Felix Hernandez, SEA* SP

Derek Jeter, NYY SS

Jon Lester, BOS SP

David Price, TB SP

Mariano Rivera, NYY RP

Alex Rodriguez, NYY 3B

CC Sabathia, NYY* SP

James Shields, TB* SP

Justin Verlander, DET* SP

National League Pos

Ryan Braun, MIL LF

Matt Cain, SF* SP

Cole Hamels, PHI* SP

Chipper Jones, ATL 3B

Placido Polanco, PHI 3B

Jose Reyes, NYM SS

Shane Victorino, PHI CF

*Ineligible to play because he pitched Sunday

Of the 15 players who withdrew, five are starting pitchers who started Sunday and therefore were ineligible, according to the rules, to pitch in the All Star Game. A sixth All-Star pitcher, Matt Cain, was also scheduled to start Sunday night. So he, too, will have to be replaced.

However, the remainder of the withdrawals came as a result of injuries. What raised eyebrows around the sport was that, of that group, only four of those injured players -- Jose Reyes, Shane Victorino, Chipper Jones and Jon Lester -- are currently on the disabled list. And Lester was added Sunday, only as a technicality, because he was next in line in the player voting, so he had to be selected, despite his unavailability to pitch, to replace Felix Hernandez (who started Sunday for Seattle).

In particular, the withdrawal of three marquee names for the Yankees -- Derek Jeter, Alex Rodriguez and Mariano Rivera -- has been a source of consternation among executives for other clubs and among fans. But the union is satisfied that A-Rod and Rivera have legitimate health issues, and Jeter just came off the disabled list.

"Derek Jeter is as great an ambassador for this game as we've seen in a long time," Weiner said. "I don't think anybody can really question Derek's commitment to the game or, frankly, to being an All-Star."

Rodriguez has elected to undergo arthroscopic surgery to repair a slight meniscus tear in his right knee, a team spokesman confirmed Sunday. He is expected to miss four to six weeks.

Players who withdraw from the All-Star team after being selected still qualify for their bonuses, regardless of whether they play in the game or show up for the festivities. But Weiner defended the awarding of those bonuses, even for players who skip the event entirely, saying those clauses should not be tied to participation in the game or the ceremonies that surround it.

He said all award bonuses -- not just All-Star bonuses -- are not intended to reward players for promoting the sport but to reward them for how well they've played. Baseball rules prohibit the awarding of bonuses tied to any statistic other than at-bats, plate appearances, games pitched or innings pitched. So an All-Star bonus, Weiner said, is "a recognition that you performed at a level that was worthy in some fashion. You can't say, 'You won X number of games' or 'got so many RBIs.' So making the All-Star team is one of the ways you can do it."

While Weiner is aware of the undercurrent of unhappiness about the high number of players who asked to be replaced, he insisted again that this is not an indication that players don't care about the All-Star Game.

"If you look at it over a period of time," he said, "players for the most part want to participate in the All-Star Game. They want to be here. Look at the number of guys who can't play but still come, whether it's the starting pitchers or a Jose Reyes. So I think it's still a big deal. ...

"I think if fans watch the players who are here, they'll see how much they enjoy being here, how much they enjoy seeing their fellow players who are the best players in the game. Watch them in the Home Run Derby. Watch them during any of the pregame events that deal with the history of the game. Again, if I thought there was a drop in interest among players in the All-Star Game, that would be a concern. But I just don't see that."

When Gregg's lips were moving I saw Showalter talking. I do not know what Buck's issue is with the Sox, but he has a deep rooted disgust with them. He has been chirping ever since being hired.

Yes and No Max.

Yes, pulling because of a nagging injury is okay.

No, because he did not seem to have a problem playing 7 straight games while going for 3000 at home.

At least about it and have Girardi have him down as Day-To-Day.

Jeter isn't even going to the game or week festivities at all. A lot of injured players are still going to be a part of the weekend.

He's on a boat somewhere banging Minka. Most of these guys dont give a sh*t about the ASG.

Fer crissakes, really? Derek isn't going to the all star game so he's a bad guy now? Plenty take the time off to relax/heal. There is absolutely no shame in that. He owes the fans? He gave his fans a heck of a thrill this past weekend. Plus, look at the all-star roster - fans can be stupid. :)

Personally, If I were Jeter I'd bow out too. I'm the 3,000 hit man. I'm chillin'!

Fer crissakes, really? Derek isn't going to the all star game so he's a bad guy now? Plenty take the time off to relax/heal. There is absolutely no shame in that. He owes the fans? He gave his fans a heck of a thrill this past weekend. Plus, look at the all-star roster - fans can be stupid. :)

Personally, If I were Jeter I'd bow out too. I'm the 3,000 hit man. I'm chillin'!

The guy is a professional entertainer and he just walked away from MLB's de facto Fan Appreciation Day for what can only be construed as selfish reasons when he was set to be its star attraction. Look at it this way: if Jete was stuck at 2,999 and this was a game against the Royals, you can bet your a$$ he'd be in the lineup and, if he wasn't, he'd have one of his typically weepy interviews wherein he acts like somebody killed his dog. He has a responsibility--if not to the fans then to the product--to be there.

The guy is a professional entertainer and he just walked away from MLB's de facto Fan Appreciation Day for what can only be construed as selfish reasons when he was set to be its star attraction. Look at it this way: if Jete was stuck at 2,999 and this was a game against the Royals, you can bet your a$$ he'd be in the lineup and, if he wasn't, he'd have one of his typically weepy interviews wherein he acts like somebody killed his dog. He has a responsibility--if not to the fans then to the product--to be there.

No one cares except you, a mets fan who couldn't care less if he was there or not haha.

No one cares except you, a mets fan who couldn't care less if he was there or not haha.

I'd be willing to bet that there are some Yankees fans in Arizona that were hoping to see Jeter play or at least show up. The baseball tonight guys were talking about players not even showing up and how disrespectful it is. You don't want to play? Fine. But show up. You can relax just as much in Arizona as anywhere else.

Archived