Well Heap isn't the nicest guy

Jetkid94

I hate that I pay this much attention to this crap sometimes. WTF is going on out there? I feel like the Jets are being made to look like complete fools these days. UGH!!!

Just sign our own guys already and let's go into the damn season with our team having another year together. There's a lot to be said for continuity and familiarity.

I hate that I pay this much attention to this crap sometimes. WTF is going on out there? I feel like the Jets are being made to look like complete fools these days. UGH!!!

Just sign our own guys already and let's go into the damn season with our team having another year together. There's a lot to be said for continuity and familiarity.

I agree as Plax could be a major distraction.

I'm sure the Jets would love to keep last year's team together and add only a few pieces.

The problem is that the players ALSO have to want to stay together, even at the expense of losing money, and that almost never happens.

Based on the approach into this years free agent signings and retaining players, it just seems odd.

They have been players in some of the biggest FA names out there, signed a few, and are working on others.

Really? :blink:

It could be Heap's last big(ish) contract. If Arizona was offering significantly more, and it wad clear to him that NYJ weren't going to match, it makes sense to have his agent agree with ARI as quickly as possible before the Cards decided to make an offer to someone else.

why? we upgraded on our WR situation and we'll still have a kickass defense

and Sanchez will be better

How have we upgraded the WR? We have regressed there.

Our defense is kickass? We have question marks on all three levels. Especially the secondary.

Sanchez is going to have to be better to make this a winning team.

How have we upgraded the WR? We have regressed there.

Our defense is kickass? We have question marks on all three levels. Especially the secondary.

Sanchez is going to have to be better to make this a winning team.

I agree, I dont see how Burress immediately is an improvement over Edwards. Until the defense signs Cro we arent yet kickass.

I firmly believe that Heap was not an answer for us. I also believe that the front office is playing it smart this year. They obviously want some of these players, but they value them at a certain level. Our team is not in bad shape. I also don't know if anybody else is paying attention or not, but we do need to get a bit younger if we want to sustain some success. Obviously Plax is a rental. Have faith, championships are won on the field in the winter, not in July in an office. Just ask the skins.

No Heap, no big deal.

Archived